Notices

Day 2 again barely made it through today

Old 01-13-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 again barely made it through today

Feeling real sick been doing 3-4 8 balls of blow a week and around 70-100 drinks as went heavy over the holidays . I have had some symptoms in past due to withdrawal but never nearly this bad. Heart palpitations headache, fever, extreme agitation. Seems it might be the end of the road for me.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please go to the emergency room. Withdrawls can be life threatening. Posting here is very helpful to your recovery, but it sounds like you may need immediate care.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Withdrawing from alcohol is not pleasant, and I think each withdrawal is worse than the last. You can always talk to your dr if you're concerned about your symptoms because withdrawal can be unpredictable and dangerous. Good job getting through the day.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have no insurance but manage to have been spending over 1000 a week on drugs and alcohol pretty crazy isn't it
Old 01-13-2020, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are feeling rough NB421. Hang in there. As rough as it feels, I'm sure it is not the end. That is tough as hell that you made it nearly through Day 2? Big congrats on that and it shows that you are tough enough to do this. Keep us posted. I know you might not believe it but it can get so much worse if you keep using. You can end up wearing adult diapers and babbling at the walls, and I could go on, but I won't. You understand where I'm coming from.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll go to the ER newbeginings,
Moneys not much good if you're not around to enjoy it.

when you're in a deep hole it make sense to shout for help.
D
Old 01-13-2020, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I would hydrate and eat clean. Once the physical subsides, the mental took over.

That is when the permanent brain damage shown through.

It was hell on earth. Pretty much certifiable insanity.

Not many make it out unless they mob up. This is my crew.

My other crew is down the street at the local AA meeting.

I can find strength on YouTube as well by searching for addiction success stories etc.

We addicts obsess over addiction. Non drinkers find it rediculous.

Actives are in denial.

We will crave for life. Decades can pass and the thought of shot of JD will always be a consideration.

I am heavily kindled and expect a relapse will send me over the edge of sanity. Don't need that.

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hate to say I've been in your shoes, but I have.....and I thought it was the end for me too. Alcohol is awful to withdrawal from, add in the coke and you've got your hands full. I agree that seeking medical advise would be smart. I however quit without my doctors care, it took a lot of self care, rest, and the determination to never do it again....period.
When I felt really bad, like you do now, hot showers, hot soup, and a warm bed. That was it for 3-4 days. Then I slowly was able to go out to walk around and go food shopping. I was off of work for about 10 days, it took that long to feel human. I never told them anything, except that I needed some personal time off. No need to share with the boss.

You're on day 2...keep going and never look back. Don't repeat!!
Old 01-13-2020, 06:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 View Post
Have no insurance but manage to have been spending over 1000 a week on drugs and alcohol pretty crazy isn't it
Let's be real here.....if you're in America, people go to the ER or even detox facilities all the time and never pay them back. Sure, it's one reason our prices are so high, because many of us are paying for those who get care and never do.

That said, who cares. It's better than potentially dying. Get to an ER or somewhere and worry about the money later.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Are you talking 'standard' drinks Newbeginnings? If so, that's more than 14 drinks a day, plus the 'blow'.

I'd go to ER for sure.

Then come back here.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

With that much blow, I will assume that sleep deprivation is also a problem for you now. You are in for a rough ride. I was in the ER a few weeks ago for withdrawal symptoms. Got some medication which greatly helped.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

I really hope you make it!!
Old 01-13-2020, 08:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd suggest getting medical help. That's a lot of drinking and drugs. Withdrawal from alcohol can be very dangerous. Get help when you need it.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
EndGame

I agree.

There comes a time for many of us when the choice to pursue treatment is no longer ours to make. When we no longer care that we're killing ourselves by the way we live our lives, and things rapidly get much worse than even really bad, it's also the best of all possible outcomes.

I still cannot recall a single person who got sober telling me that they stopped because they were afraid of the unwanted consequences of their drinking as described by someone else.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Still feel completely out of it but my my fever i think has broken and my heart rate has returned to normal. Never have had this kind of withdrawal, I am done with this garbage. Had over 100 days during the summer can do this again
Old 01-14-2020, 09:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Having flashbacks, those are NOT fun days. The heart palpatations are the worst. I'd be walking around the neighborhood with my head down looking disheveled for hours like a madman. Like others have said, I'd do my best to get to the ER. If not best of luck. Keep posting if it helps.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Stomach still bothering me but I believe the worst is over as my fever and shaking have stopped. I am also not nearly as agitated as i was feeling this morning. Think I will be fine given a few days never want to go through this again
Old 01-17-2020, 04:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Not sure if this was the flu alcohol withdrawal or a combo of things but has been one of the worst health feeling weeks of my life. I think I am getting better but solid food seems to still be a bit of a struggle. Getting strep throat and appendicitis at the same time as a kid was considerably more enjoyable compared to how I have been feeling this week on the bright side day 6 coming to a close.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Not sure if this was the flu alcohol withdrawal or a combo of things but has been one of the worst health feeling weeks of my life. I think I am getting better but solid food seems to still be a bit of a struggle. Getting strep throat and appendicitis at the same time as a kid was considerably more enjoyable compared to how I have been feeling this week on the bright side day 6 coming to a close.
Congrats on day 6!
Old 01-17-2020, 09:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

How are you doing today NewBeginning?