Notices

Patience

Old 01-01-2020, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Patience

If the last year has taught me nothing else it has taught me patience.

I credit reading and my therapist for that (oh and myself of course for being open enough to listen and take it on board). I honestly don't think I'd have any sober days if it wasn't for therapy and the art of patience. Being patient with myself and others.

I don't think I was strong enough or ready to commit to sobriety until I resolved some issues and did some mental housework. This will forever be a work in progress but for me that included accepting people for who they are, setting realistic boundaries, coming to the realisation that not everyone is going to like me and that's okay (their loss not mine), surrounding myself with people I admire and respect, accepting to agree to disagree cause sometimes no one is right and that too is okay, don't bottle up my feelings you know mountains out of mole hills and all that, I've realised that hurt people hurt people and not to take it personally it's about them not me, I could go on but I'll leave it at that for now.

Sometimes I admit I start to lose my way and go off track but the fact I know this track exists I can find my way back.

I guess the moral to my story is a little patience and understanding goes a long way, you just never know what struggles other people are facing.

Have a great day everyone, I'm off for some retail therapy with my wine money, probably spend it on another book!!

(Remember regardless of our sobriety methods and experiences we're all on the same team here).

Day 18. Peace out!!
Old 01-01-2020, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with everything you say SushiRoll

I let a few sharp words slip here the end of last year - why is not important nor recovery related - but what is important is my sang froid is back in place.

I like peace more than any other state of mind, ever

D
Old 01-01-2020, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a great username, SushiRoll! :-)

I’m with ya on the things you’ve learned/come to accept. I do get sidetracked by the indignant voice in my head now and then at perceived wrongdoings, but thankfully can recognise when my mind starts yammering on about things to make them seem bigger than they are.

Look forward to seeing you around! :-)
Old 01-01-2020, 10:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I agree with everything you say SushiRoll

I let a few sharp words slip here the end of last year - why is not important nor recovery related - but what is important is my sang froid is back in place.

I like peace more than any other state of mind, ever

D
Thanks Dee, that means a lot.

I'm glad your sang froid is back where it belongs (I'm not gonna lie I had to google it) and happy to report mine is too.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SunnyCoastK View Post
What a great username, SushiRoll! :-)

I’m with ya on the things you’ve learned/come to accept. I do get sidetracked by the indignant voice in my head now and then at perceived wrongdoings, but thankfully can recognise when my mind starts yammering on about things to make them seem bigger than they are.

Look forward to seeing you around! :-)
Thanks SunnyCoast, I can relate to getting sidetracked occasionally too but the recognition you speak of was a breakthrough for me.

Nice to meet you.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Peace out sushiroll!

I listened to your post.

Thank you.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Peace out sushiroll!

I listened to your post.

Thank you.
Hi Steely, I hope you're travelling well.
Thanks for listening.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 18 is terrific and learning patience is so very important to ensure recovery.