Notices

Plans for tonight.

Old 12-31-2019, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Plans for tonight.

What are peoples' plans for tonight?

I just put my 4 year old down for a nap. We told her she can try to stay up until midnight, lol. I give her until about 9:00 p.m. I have some coffee brewing and am going to pair it with some banana bread

I gave myself the day off of working out. We have been sitting at home playing games and watching movies all day so far. I plan on stuffing my face with Chinese food later on.

Most importantly, I'll stay sober and wake up tomorrow ready to tackle 2020.

Happy New Year's everyone!
Old 12-31-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Solid plan.

I am cooking lazy no traditional New Year's food with my family.

I just want it to be 12:00 AM so I can say I was sober in the New Year's day
Old 12-31-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome plan .. have a feast and best wishes and every success in 2020
Old 12-31-2019, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Readytodothis View Post
What are peoples' plans for tonight?

I just put my 4 year old down for a nap. We told her she can try to stay up until midnight, lol. I give her until about 9:00 p.m. I have some coffee brewing and am going to pair it with some banana bread

I gave myself the day off of working out. We have been sitting at home playing games and watching movies all day so far. I plan on stuffing my face with Chinese food later on.

Most importantly, I'll stay sober and wake up tomorrow ready to tackle 2020.

Happy New Year's everyone!
mmmmmmm banana bread!

Aw, we had a family tradition of Chinese on NYE when I was growing up - enjoy the stuffing of your face. ;-) Please have an egg roll on my behalf.

I had a lovely quiet night in and spent time making lists of things to do & things to buy that will support me through my recovery and will spend more time adding to the lists today as well as accomplishing some activities.

Happy New Year to you!!! :-)
Old 12-31-2019, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Plans? Stay in my home uniform .jammies lol. Eat. Chill. Repeat
Old 12-31-2019, 11:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds yummy!!

We have an annual feast with our normie friends. Currently whipping up a batch of New England Clam Chowder. Gotta prep the steaks soon. My friend is in charge of the lobster tails.

Then we play a whole bunch of board games with the kids, watch TV, and enjoy each other’s company.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Spending with my wife and two kiddos at home. Going to grill out. Its 22 degrees here and just got 6 inches of snow but no way is that going to stop me.

Then watching Joker and Zombieland 2 with my better half downstairs. Kids will be having a Christmas movie marathon in mom and dads room. Then we will all watch whatever NYE shows are on until everyone falls asleep. Going to be perfect.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My plans for this evening involve:

1. Making a pot of black eyed peas. This might just be a southern U.S. thing, but it’s good luck to eat black eyed peas on New Year’s Day. And if you aren’t superstitious (I’m not) at least they taste good.

2. Taking a certain good boy for his walkies, as usual.

3. Playing Just Dance on the Nintendo switch with the family. (Hey, I don’t need booze to act a fool!)

4. Pajamas, tea, watching the Great British Bake Off on Netflix.

5. Early bedtime. I’m getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to take advantage of the quiet streets and go for a long bike ride. Unless the weather is crap, in which case I’ll just drink a lot of coffee and watch more Netflix.

Anyway, happy New Year!

Edit to shamelessly boast that I’m one week away from my first soberversary! Not about to eff it up when I’m this close.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We are going with friends to a party at their UU church. Potluck, games, crafts. I am bringing Diet Coke. We will be back to our hotel by 10.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope1989 View Post
Solid plan.

I am cooking lazy no traditional New Year's food with my family.

I just want it to be 12:00 AM so I can say I was sober in the New Year's day
Hahaha! Agreed! However, the likelihood of me making it til 12 is pretty slim lol.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Plans? Stay in my home uniform .jammies lol. Eat. Chill. Repeat
Oh yes! I failed to mention that I've been in jammies all day lol.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VinnyMcM View Post
Spending with my wife and two kiddos at home. Going to grill out. Its 22 degrees here and just got 6 inches of snow but no way is that going to stop me.

Then watching Joker and Zombieland 2 with my better half downstairs. Kids will be having a Christmas movie marathon in mom and dads room. Then we will all watch whatever NYE shows are on until everyone falls asleep. Going to be perfect.
Have you seen Joker or os this your first time watching it? Great movie!
Old 12-31-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonniefloyd View Post
My plans for this evening involve:

1. Making a pot of black eyed peas. This might just be a southern U.S. thing, but it’s good luck to eat black eyed peas on New Year’s Day. And if you aren’t superstitious (I’m not) at least they taste good.

2. Taking a certain good boy for his walkies, as usual.

3. Playing Just Dance on the Nintendo switch with the family. (Hey, I don’t need booze to act a fool!)

4. Pajamas, tea, watching the Great British Bake Off on Netflix.

5. Early bedtime. I’m getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to take advantage of the quiet streets and go for a long bike ride. Unless the weather is crap, in which case I’ll just drink a lot of coffee and watch more Netflix.

Anyway, happy New Year!

Edit to shamelessly boast that I’m one week away from my first soberversary! Not about to eff it up when I’m this close.
Congrats to you and HNY!
Old 12-31-2019, 01:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well I'm off work tonight but back in on night shift tomorrow. So far me and the wife and kids have stuffed ourselves with Mcdonalds and watched the second lego movie. Whene everyone else is in bed then I have a few films lined up, and maybe a quick hour or so on the xbox. 1 year anniversary tomorrow so a major milestone for me.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm headed out shortly to facilitate a drug court group. I'm sure the mood there tonight will be lovely! I'm coming home and jumping in to my jammies and will have a bowl of ice cream and a piece of my MIL's fudge. Doubt I'll make it to midnight
Old 12-31-2019, 02:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Readytodothis View Post
Have you seen Joker or os this your first time watching it? Great movie!
First time. Can’t wait!
Old 12-31-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It really is the worst waking up to a new year feeling terrible, I've always hated it. This year I'm waking up fresh and sober! Quiet night here for the win.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just got through with my after work exercise, headed to a nice shower once I acclimate to the inside temperature. Plan on cooking a good meal and then playing some video games with my buds online.

Kind of fidgety in that its the first NYE and ultimately New Years Day that I will not be drinking or drunk almost since the 90's. And its not because I want to drink but from all the pasted Nye's and Nyd's that I spent drunk and hungover and I know I've already won the battle and it's just 6 o'clock in the evening. It's almost been too easy if that makes sense.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Spending the night watching a Harry Potter marathon and reading reviews, trying to decide which Thinkpad I am going to buy, I don't have much time left, already serious charging issues with my current one.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm staying home with my dog and cats, will stay up to watch the year change on my computer.