SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Just blown 3 years sober. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/444484-just-blown-3-years-sober.html)

Zanna 12-28-2019 10:18 AM

Just blown 3 years sober.

Been a stressful month but that's no excuse.
Thought about keeping quiet and 'riding it out' but if I can't be honest on here who can x

Anna 12-28-2019 10:20 AM

Oh, I'm sorry, Zanna. I'm glad you're back.

Zanna 12-28-2019 10:21 AM

Thanks Anna - I'm just gonna tell myself what I tell everyone else - you have 3 years to fall back on and I promise I will x Thanks for caring love x
I know there are no excuses, but my 43 year old cousin went to bed last night and didn't wake up this morning - heart attack in the night x

least 12-28-2019 10:21 AM

I'm sorry to hear this. :(

Zanna 12-28-2019 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 7344149)
I'm sorry to hear this. :(

Thanlks for caring - I'll be back on track in the morning i promise - am too far into my fitness routine these days. x

gypsytears 12-28-2019 10:24 AM

I’m sorry to read this but I appreciate your honesty in coming right back.

Edit to add: Please accept my condolences.

Zanna 12-28-2019 10:25 AM

Just wanted to be honest and that damed pain in the ass Ausie woman has been trying to email me all day on top of everything.

Zanna 12-28-2019 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by gypsytears (Post 7344152)
I’m sorry to read this but I appreciate your honesty in coming right back.

Thank you for caring and to everyone reading this - NEVER drop your guard x

Hevyn 12-28-2019 10:32 AM

Zanna - I did the same thing after 3 yrs. sober. Did it without even thinking twice. It was before I joined SR, & I have no idea what I was thinking. For me though - it served a purpose. I tanked so badly & did so much damage that I was finally convinced I could never touch a drop again. The horrific fallout from my months back 'out there' - plus joining SR - has kept me sober for nearly 12 yrs. now. You learned something - and I'm so glad you wanted to talk about it.

I'm sorry to hear of your cousin's untimely passing. :hug:

Reid82 12-28-2019 10:35 AM

Sorry to hear that you broke your sobriety. Remember you don't lose any of them 1000 plus days- get back on track ASAP, don't let it suck you down the hole of despair.

Zanna 12-28-2019 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Hevyn (Post 7344160)
Zanna - I did the same thing after 3 yrs. sober. Did it without even thinking twice. It was before I joined SR, & I have no idea what I was thinking. For me though - it served a purpose. I tanked so badly & did so much damage that I was finally convinced I could never touch a drop again. The horrific fallout from my months back 'out there' - plus joining SR - has kept me sober for nearly 12 yrs. now. You learned something - and I'm so glad you wanted to talk about it.

I'm sorry to hear of your cousin's untimely passing. :hug:

Thanks So much Hevyn - for the three years (almost) I've warned people about ' getting through Christmas and then relaxing too much' and whoosh - happened to me this time. It's a definite one off and I'll be back on track in the morning. Thanks love xxx

Zanna 12-28-2019 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Reid82 (Post 7344161)
Sorry to hear that you broke your sobriety. Remember you don't lose any of them 1000+ plus days- get back on track ASAP, don't let it suck you down the hole of despair.

I promise 100% it wont x I love my fitness routine these days, plus as a Type 1 diabetic - it's too scary to drink x

PalmerSage 12-28-2019 10:38 AM

Way to come right back on here, Zanna - we are here for you!

Zanna 12-28-2019 10:39 AM

I'm just thankful my fiance won't know - he's Amercian so as long as I talk normally on the phone later - he won't know - he doesn't drink - never had a problenm with it, he jut doesn't like it - he's a fitness trainer x

Zanna 12-28-2019 10:43 AM

Thanks everyone - I'm going to head under the headfones with Bon Jovi and some hot chocolate - get ME back again xxxx Love you and thanks xxxx

ScottFromWI 12-28-2019 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Zanna (Post 7344165)
I'm just thankful my fiance won't know - he's Amercian so as long as I talk normally on the phone later - he won't know - he doesn't drink - never had a problenm with it, he jut doesn't like it - he's a fitness trainer x

Very sorry to hear about your cousin, Zanna. Peace be with you and his family. I'm also sorry to hear that you drank over it - you of course know that it solves nothing to do so.

Regarding your Fiance - what if he did know - would it matter? Perhaps use that thought as a motivator to re-double your efforts and your plan to stay sober. Do everything in your power to make sure it doesn't happen again, right ?

Zanna 12-28-2019 11:19 AM

Yeah - Mark is totally my soulmate - not sure how it's all going to work out and apologies to anyone reading, but the last place on the planet i even wanna visit under the current Pres - but hey - he's not my problem and yes, Mark would be with me its just not something we've had to discuss, as it was so far in my past . I'm not saying I've gone hoo-hah and got slaughtered - just had a few voddies. BUT - not something I should have done and had enough that i wanted to own up on here to it xxxx

ReadyAtLast 12-28-2019 11:23 AM

Sorry to hear that Zanna but it's great you are back here so soon. I had 3.5 years and picked up again. on and off and on and off. 3.5 years later and I'm still on and off :( I hope you can make this a one off and start your sobriety again.

january161992 12-28-2019 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Zanna (Post 7344148)
my 43 year old cousin went to bed last night and didn't wake up this morning - heart attack in the night x

painful

my sponsee got drunk last year after his 26 yo daughter hanged herself dead and now he has a year sober and is doing well

you can get thru it!

:tyou

january161992 12-28-2019 11:24 AM

so whats your new sobriety date?