Notices

Baby Steps - Weekenders 27 - 30 December 2019

Old 12-30-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Huge congrats on 5 years Sao!!

I have signed up for a 90 day plan Patcha! There are online workouts I’ll have to do daily and I am so glad I got new blinds put up last month lol....I don’t want to be responsible for the psychological damage I could inflict on innocent passers by seeing me exercise! xx
Old 12-30-2019, 07:24 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you Patcha

Congratulations on 5 years Saou
Old 12-30-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hey Troopz ~

It's currently a zippy 15 F [-10 C] Degrees outside in Sun, with a predicted low of 3 F [-16 C] tonight. SOOO, it'll be mostly an inside Day today. Some Virus-based Sinus 'thang' going around decided to take up residency in the left side of my Head, so I'm throwing everything I can at that. Not a huge deal when Sober. Hope Springs Eternal, as represented in the Pic below taken this Morning. All I've got to do today is drag my Geezer Self to the Dentist for an Annual. No known problems with the Choppers.

Happy Happy, and Congrats on 2,628,000 Minutes Sober, Sao. See how easy that was? 'Tis a fine [and Life-changing] accomplishment when The New Normal is Sobriety.

A plethora of homemade Xmas Cookies 'caused' me to load a few lost Pounds back on, but that's OK. I was down 2 Stone [28 lbs] since September before the Sweets snared me. I'll climb back on The Diet Horse at the New Year, and carry on as an experienced Loser. Of weight, that is.

And Bim and others wisely post, the best Day to quit is always today. I've never regretted the decision to get Sober, and completely re-tool my Life. We each know deep down when 'it's time'.

Thanks, Mags...

Old 12-30-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Congratulations Sao.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:29 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

congrats on five years Sao
Old 12-30-2019, 09:00 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Mr

Congratulations Sao.
Your lameass comment made me smile because I remember you mentioning (a few times) getting up at 05:00 to go jogging before work everyday was integral to you getting sober. Lameass dont rhyme with that
Have you been a weekender ever since you joined ?

Welcome back Patcha.
You can do this, Keep reading and posting.
Work on your plan, yourself, learning as we go...

We didnt need the snowshoes above the col d'aubisque for lack of snow. It was a very beautiful day, sunny and warm. We hiked to a little peak called le soum de grum.

I might open a thread tonight or tomorrow before the new year kicks in cause I am very grateful for all the support I have had here but above all for all I have learned here. I've been here a while on the weekender. I would like to call you guys friends. There were times when I was in such despair but always came back. In march 2020 it will be 4 years on SR (l'm 43). Today I'm 108 days sober and quietly confident going forward. I believe (imo) recovery is the learning process going forward in sobriety. I'm still learning but I'm on the right path...
Better stop blabbing...

Once again nice milestone Sao.

Goodnight weekenders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20191230_175924_951.jpg (29.2 KB, 51 views)
Old 12-30-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Well done on getting through the first third of Christmas Forwards, they were probably the hardest two days for most people. I don't think you can "treat" alcoholism as such although that might be a possibility in the near future.
Thank you Sao. Very well done on your 5 years. I agree, though I was alluding to 'untreated alcoholism' in the AA sense that there is a physical, mental and spiritual malady to be addressed. I'm doing well on the former, but just starting to work on the latter two.

I wouldn't worry too much about others being "ahead" of you either, enemies have plenty of issues too.
I hope I haven't made too many enemies though I have let people down over the years. I was thinking more of my contemporaries who have the successful lives of 40+ year old 'normies'. Still, I don't want to fall into the self-pity trap and today I'm feeling positive.

So anyway, another successful weekend concluded. I saw some more of my family who visited yesterday and we spent the afternoon playing parlour games together. I was so grateful to be there and present in all ways.

Warm wishes to all as ever. Forwards.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:21 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Sao, keep toddling. Five years is big, truly. Well done.

The chicken rice soup is cooking and man, I think I'll eat all of it, no soup for you. Smells like home.

Forwards, isn't it your One Year, too? Apologies if you were trying to slip that under the radar.

Vman, what a great day.

*Waving* @Mesa and Kaily.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Forwards, isn't it your One Year, too?
Yes, thanks, it's coming up tomorrow afternoon so we're not quite there yet. I'm quite excited by the prospect though!
Old 12-30-2019, 12:45 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Forwards View Post
I hope I haven't made too many enemies though I have let people down over the years.
Oh lord, I have only recently reactivated my predictive text. I may as well deactivate it again. I meant normies not enemies. I'm certain you don't have enemies Forwards.

Good to see you back Patcha! Exercise can release endorphins so we feel mild euphoria, a bit like booze only healthy. Good stuff.

VMan if you saw me jogging you might revise that comment but thank you and thanks to everyone.

I did indeed join Weekenders more or less straight away. In the early days all I could think about was drinking or not drinking and how hard not drinking was. Meanwhile over on this thread people were talking about snow and cars and music etc, it gave me a glimpse of life after drinking.

Weekenders also taught me a few things too such as:- you can teach an old dog new tricks, change is possible, hope is reasonable.

It also taught me that I am stronger than my addiction. I didn't believe that when I joined SR.

Lastly when I think of people like Gilmer it taught me that some of the most thoughtful, inspiring, intelligent, knowledgeable, reflective and kind people have had or are having addiction problems
Old 12-30-2019, 07:00 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Happy Five Years Sao
Old 12-30-2019, 11:53 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning Weekenders
Getting close now...
Old 12-31-2019, 12:08 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

MesaMan good to see you, always love and appreciate your pics and way with words.

Vinny, be sure to put the link on here please (for people like me who loses the thread so easily) in your pic, the air looks so fresh, if that makes sense, so clean. Amazing pic.
I was in awe and full of admiration when you got more treatment a few weeks ago. I fear if I took a stumble that would be it. I’d cave in, curl up in a ball and never raise my head again. To pick yourself up and carry on is what Recovery is all about. You did well my friend.

Saou can I ask you kindly not to keep passing your lergy about, being me I catch anything what’s going, I really must wear gloves when using my eyepad and a mask.

It’ll soon be January the first for our Aussie friends PJ, Snoozy and Dee. Will you be playing the new year in or like me probably asleep.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:12 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations Forwards on one year.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Forwards !

D
Old 12-31-2019, 01:07 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Congrats on ONE YEAR Forwards!
Old 12-31-2019, 01:46 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Mr

Yes congratulations Forwards fantastic
Old 12-31-2019, 03:02 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

2.5 h until 2020 here. I purposely remained home, instead of going to aa friends at the beach- where there is 100,000 people gathered. The thought of finding a park and a toilet was enough, and I prefer the quiet of home. Bad mem's creep in, especially with FOO stuff, but mem's cannot hurt me unless I choose to let them, which I do not.
A peaceful and safe evening to all.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:03 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Mr

You too PJ..
Happy 2020 mate
Old 12-31-2019, 03:15 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Mr

Wow snufkin's back, yayyy