# 2 (permalink)  

Awesome!
Old 12-22-2019, 07:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are here Faith!
Old 12-22-2019, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice.

You'll be so proud of yourself for making it through the holidays without a drink.

Well done, you.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your progress is making me smile. I remember your pain almost 58 days ago. You’re doing just awesome. Keep it up!
Old 12-22-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Nice!

I just spoke with my daughter who is also not drinking. The two of us are pumped that we'll be two sober partridges in a pear tree for Christmas this year. Kind of brings you back to that childhood anticipation of Christmas morning, doesn't it?

Really glad for you.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Nice!

I just spoke with my daughter who is also not drinking. The two of us are pumped that we'll be two sober partridges in a pear tree for Christmas this year. Kind of brings you back to that childhood anticipation of Christmas morning, doesn't it?

Really glad for you.
Thank you Obladi, I follow your thread! I enjoy all the introspection that the thread entails. It helps me very much.
I spent Christmas 2017- sick in bed sobering up
I spent Christmas 2018 -sick in bed with booze and Chinese take out-
I do not recommend either one. I'll take what you and your daughter will be experiencing this Christmas morning

Old 12-22-2019, 08:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post
Your progress is making me smile. I remember your pain almost 58 days ago. You’re doing just awesome. Keep it up!
Thank you- I was a mess. I still have my moments but being alcohol free instills in me content and faith. It is calming at times.
I guess when you experienced the bottom of the barrel ascending up a notch just feels wonderful.
Very grateful. I know I am going to have a tough patch starting this new job. I will have the leash off and some funds. I am just going to stay in today and not drink.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done hun, that is so good!!! Keep going 💖💖💖
Old 12-22-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by faith823 View Post
Thank you Obladi, I follow your thread! I enjoy all the introspection that the thread entails. It helps me very much.
I spent Christmas 2017- sick in bed sobering up
I spent Christmas 2018 -sick in bed with booze and Chinese take out-
I do not recommend either one. I'll take what you and your daughter will be experiencing this Christmas morning

Cool beans.
Jump in any time. The water is fine, even if it is a little choppy sometimes. We reserve the shallow end for cooling off.

2017 - same. So horrible. The girls were all here and it was just so shameful to me that they had to carry on while I suffered upstairs through withdrawal.
2018 - got it together enough to have the one day in decent shape. But it still didn't feel right. It wasn't a sober house yet even though I wasn't drinking, you know? This year, it's a sober house.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We use to get the entire week off after Christmas at my old job.

Normally, during most of the year I would follow an absolutely insane diet during the week so I could drink on the weekend and stay in shape.

Christmas break would turn into one long binge drunk. Even from Thanksgiving foward I could start to fall in a rut. Typical thinking: I'm supposed to go to the gym and blast chest but tomorrow is a holiday lunch at work, which will make me drink after work anyway since I already messed up my diet. So I mine as well drink tonight instead of going to the gym. Then the day after the holiday lunch, well I already drank the last 2 nights so I mine as well drink tonight instead of that 6 mile run on my schedule. Then the weekend drinking, then we hit the holiday week. I would absolutely look and feel like garbage by new years.

I'm alone again and the holidays get in the way of my diet and exercise schedule but I'm sober I can deal with it. I can be grateful to have family to visit. They can drink and control themselves but I'm ok with that. I can remember what I said and realize how much I do enjoy seeing them. Without being all lit up like I use to need to be to talk to people, even friendly people. I look foward to the food and people rather than the alchohol. Sure, I always liked the family but king alcohol use to be in charge of me!
Old 12-22-2019, 05:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RecklessDrunk View Post
We use to get the entire week off after Christmas at my old job.

Normally, during most of the year I would follow an absolutely insane diet during the week so I could drink on the weekend and stay in shape.

Christmas break would turn into one long binge drunk. Even from Thanksgiving foward I could start to fall in a rut. Typical thinking: I'm supposed to go to the gym and blast chest but tomorrow is a holiday lunch at work, which will make me drink after work anyway since I already messed up my diet. So I mine as well drink tonight instead of going to the gym. Then the day after the holiday lunch, well I already drank the last 2 nights so I mine as well drink tonight instead of that 6 mile run on my schedule. Then the weekend drinking, then we hit the holiday week. I would absolutely look and feel like garbage by new years.

I'm alone again and the holidays get in the way of my diet and exercise schedule but I'm sober I can deal with it. I can be grateful to have family to visit. They can drink and control themselves but I'm ok with that. I can remember what I said and realize how much I do enjoy seeing them. Without being all lit up like I use to need to be to talk to people, even friendly people. I look forward to the food and people rather than the alcohol. Sure, I always liked the family but king alcohol use to be in charge of me!
Wow I can relate..king alcohol use to be in charge of me too.
During the holidays -and the week before. Work would just get in the way of my drinking. Nobody can get fired on Christmas eve?? Can they??? Why not pull an all night bender the night before work on Christmas eve. 1/2 a day anyhow. Why do I even have to bother making an appearance.??
It is Christmas they should understand. blah blah blah

Thanks for your post. I was walking an hour a day- a few weeks ago-
just to feel better..it worked. Not sure why I stopped. Your post motivates me to exercise. Exercise is one more thing I can do for myself to a) feel better b) maintain my sobriety. it really helps clear my head and takes away the cravings.

Old 12-23-2019, 02:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nice work Faith ~ This will be my first sober Christmas too....High five!
Old 12-23-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Just wait, waking up on Christmas Day without a hangover is even better!