Notices

Christmas Options

Old 12-20-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Christmas Options

A, wake up mid morning in my own bed

B, come to somewhere at some time. Waking up in my car cos I’d lost the house keys was a joy, some random persons house also. Sofa, floor, bathroom - plenty of options.

A, have a cup of tea, some breakfast, send some happy greetings messages, call my mum and wish her merry Christmas.

B, pour myself a drink of whatever I can find and try and force it down - wretch it up if I want - hey it’s Christmas! Repeat at least 5 times. Call my mum and tell her to F off and that she doesn’t care about me. Send some messages to people but only in the hope they’ll reply.

A, get ready to go out for lunch and arrive on time, enjoy the food and the company, and leave, thanking the host for having me.

B, try and work out how I’m ever going to get wherever I said I was supposed to be, turn up bedraggled and half drunk, probably smelling and unwashed, pick at the food but drink copious amounts of their booze. Remember not to bring anything, not even a token gift - they’re lucky to have me and my presence is gift enough.

A, come home, read a book, watch tv, maybe go for a walk, go to an AA meeting in the evening

B, sense that I’ve outstayed my welcome, go off on a mission to find somewhere that’s open to drink at, on Christmas Day these are either nice hotel/restaurant type places or dive bars. Obviously can’t afford anywhere nice so a dive bar it is. Think to myself how sad the other people there are.

A, go to bed

B, stay up drunkenly until whenever, make sure to text anyone inappropriate - especially exes. Cry and drink and repeat.

Think I’ll be choosing option A.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The way I see it we all have only 3 Christmas options:-

1) Don’t drink alcohol /poison.
2) Don’t drink alcohol/poison.
and finally
3) Don’t drink alcohol/poison.

I no what option I will be taking! You guessed it options 1) 2) and 3).
Old 12-20-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had to chuckle reading this

Its so true.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FlyAgain View Post
A, wake up mid morning in my own bed

B, come to somewhere at some time. Waking up in my car cos I’d lost the house keys was a joy, some random persons house also. Sofa, floor, bathroom - plenty of options.

A, have a cup of tea, some breakfast, send some happy greetings messages, call my mum and wish her merry Christmas.

B, pour myself a drink of whatever I can find and try and force it down - wretch it up if I want - hey it’s Christmas! Repeat at least 5 times. Call my mum and tell her to F off and that she doesn’t care about me. Send some messages to people but only in the hope they’ll reply.

A, get ready to go out for lunch and arrive on time, enjoy the food and the company, and leave, thanking the host for having me.

B, try and work out how I’m ever going to get wherever I said I was supposed to be, turn up bedraggled and half drunk, probably smelling and unwashed, pick at the food but drink copious amounts of their booze. Remember not to bring anything, not even a token gift - they’re lucky to have me and my presence is gift enough.

A, come home, read a book, watch tv, maybe go for a walk, go to an AA meeting in the evening

B, sense that I’ve outstayed my welcome, go off on a mission to find somewhere that’s open to drink at, on Christmas Day these are either nice hotel/restaurant type places or dive bars. Obviously can’t afford anywhere nice so a dive bar it is. Think to myself how sad the other people there are.

A, go to bed

B, stay up drunkenly until whenever, make sure to text anyone inappropriate - especially exes. Cry and drink and repeat.

Think I’ll be choosing option A.

WOW this is an exact prediction of how my a)'s or b)'s will go
thank you for this post. It was very witty and my reality when drinking to a T... I needed to see the insanity.
I am going to chose door A this year .
Old 12-20-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
under new management

Fantastic post, FlyAgain
Old 12-20-2019, 03:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

FA- us oldies use the expression 'play the tape forward', meaning- 'what will be the consequences of drinking now- tomorrow morning?' or words to that effect.

That you can think about this, gives you control over what you do. Post lots- especially when you do not want to.

My support to you.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post FlyAgain - thanks

D
Old 12-21-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good job on thinking it thru!

And it's awesome when the whole idea of "options" means stuff like "do I want to have people over for Christmas lunch or should we just get together for presents on Christmas Eve instead?" or even better, "should I wear the new jeans or the black slacks when I run errands today?"- and today might be a random Tuesday or Christmas Day!