Notices

Day 5

Old 12-18-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Cravings are strong today.

I'm grateful to be staying with family, in a sober house. Won't have to return to daily routine and greater temptation until Day 24.

Anxiety is high. Anxiety was there before I ever took a drink so I guess I'm back to my usual self. Still, I prefer to be sober and anxious than drunk.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome . glad you decided to turn your life around. Look friend face it. We are not normal drinkers if we were we wouldnt be here. But take it one day at a time . first part of it sucks which you already know . but it does get better. That I know for sure. Shoot I'm at 228 days today. I aint looking back. ✌
Old 12-18-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had a lot of anxiety for a while in early recovery. Deep breathing exercises, meditation, and maybe a nap really seemed to help. Sounds like you are in a good place to start your recovery. Please stay close to SR and best wishes for you on your journey!
Old 12-18-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you SoberRican. Glad you decided to turn your life around too.

​​​​​​Thanks Tom, yes doing a lot of meditation. It definitely helps.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well done Mary, keep posting
Old 12-18-2019, 01:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things are sounding good Mary.
Maybe this is a good time to start thinking about what you'll do when you go home?

D
Old 12-18-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks PhoenixJ, I intend to keep posting. It is helping.

Yes, Dee I'm thinking about what I'll do. I share with a heavy drinker. So there will be alcohol around the house. I will have to stay very strong. In the long term I will probably have to move.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mary88 View Post
Cravings are strong today.

I'm grateful to be staying with family, in a sober house. Won't have to return to daily routine and greater temptation until Day 24.

Anxiety is high. Anxiety was there before I ever took a drink so I guess I'm back to my usual self. Still, I prefer to be sober and anxious than drunk.
"Still, I prefer to be sober and anxious than drunk."

Congrats on valuing sobriety and using your free will in making a healthy choice. There will always be, "Reason," to drink. The more you empower yourself with high value thinking and actions the easier it will get. You will create healthy habit loops.

We all seek emotional happiness, control of how we feel. We are all driven to seek happiness (reward). All human behavior is driven by the pursuit of happiness (reward) and that, when you choose a specific behavior, you do so because you see it as your best available option for happiness.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CRRHCC View Post
"Still, I prefer to be sober and anxious than drunk."

Congrats on valuing sobriety and using your free will in making a healthy choice. There will always be, "Reason," to drink. The more you empower yourself with high value thinking and actions the easier it will get. You will create healthy habit loops.

We all seek emotional happiness, control of how we feel. We are all driven to seek happiness (reward). All human behavior is driven by the pursuit of happiness (reward) and that, when you choose a specific behavior, you do so because you see it as your best available option for happiness.
Yes, I will continue the high value thinking and actions.

Even with anxiety I feel clearer and more peaceful than when drinking. There are moments during the day when I actually feel good and I appreciate that I have a lot in my life to be thankful for.

Waking up without a hangover is also amazing.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
AA Member

heres a chip for you