Notices

63 days...still hoping

Old 12-20-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I could end up w cancer or whatever, but every day is filled with ups and downs now.

When I was a drunk, in the end, I pretty much lived life under a blanket of booze. I was either getting drunk, drunk, or hung over. Hung over, imo, is a state of being drunk. In the end, my words began to slur even when I wasn't drinking.

These days I am always on the look out for a natural buzz. Exercise is my favorite. But, doing, thinking, and saying nice things works too (e.g. trying to offer positive info. And vibes here on sr).

Caffeine works, as does sugar. But, those are bad for me and cause withdrawals for sure.

I am currently addicted to all of the above. At least booze etc. Is not.

For me, after about 15 minutes of reasonably heart pounding activity, I get my natural opiates. All pain, physical and mental, goes away.

It is amazing. Plus, I am doing something great for myself. Win win.

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

support to you
Old 12-21-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you Phoenix & D122 for the support.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I wish I could relieve you of your constant worry. Take it one day at a time and do what you know is right, you'll be ok.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It took a lot of time to get this way. I don't think you're suddenly going to be fine. You will get better.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

DriGuy & Least...I can convince myself of the worst rather than the possibility that I'm healing. I am just doing my best to keep healthy habits going and get through each day. The loneliness through this has amplified it too. Thanks for encouragement, can't tell you how much SR is helping even if it's not evident by my posts.

Hope I get a chance at turning my life around.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey there, sad--63 days isn't all that long, and the human body is quite resilient and has great capacity for healing. I was a physical and mental wreck after I quit abusing my body with alcohol; I had awful neuropathy in my hands and feet-it felt like walking on hot coals, and my hands were numb yet they hurt badly--as I am a musician this was a particular torment--I thought I'd damaged myself for good. However, after 6 months of sobriety the pain went away. I had distressing pain in my abdomen and thought I surely must've ruined my liver. I had very low sodium and potassium levels. I had awful rosacea that even affected my eyes. All these problems resolved with sobriety. Give your body time to heal. Like D122y, I've found exercise to be a great help. I love cycling and yoga and I am in so much better shape than when I was drinking. I encourage not to worry, but to keep moving forward, and I wish you all the best on your sober journey.