Notices

Day 1 again after 100 days sober

Old 12-16-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 again after 100 days sober

I haven't been on there for some time. I had over 100 days under my belt and then on Friday night I went to a bar a land had 3 beers. Everything was fine until I saw my friend birthday. I text her a happy birthday and she ask if I want to come over and have a drink with her. I got drunk at her place slept 14 hours and went home and coming the drinking. Well my binge drinking lasted 10 days. I spend a lot of money on alcohol, got a black eye from falling off my bed and hitting my face to the ground. It's concert. Now it's day 5 of being sober. I'm feeling better with my body from feeling sore, hot sweats, not sleeping, Night terrors, depress, anxiety and Tremors.

I know i have 2 to 4 more days until I feel somewhat better body wise but it's like a repeating thing. I feel good one day and things go to sh!t the other. This has been going on for 10 years and I just want it to stop. 3 more years until 40 and I don't have much to show for it.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear you drank again and are having a rubbish time. But glad you are back in the room and congratulations on the 5 days.

You will have a good toolbox from your 100+ days and it sounds like you are under no illusions about how rubbish it is drinking. That is a great start for things being different this time. I drank after 127 days before and I think I was still under the illusion that it would be 'fine'. It wasn't.

You never have to repeat this again. How fab is that!
Old 12-16-2019, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One of the things we must learn to do is to avoid high risk situations. Going to your friend's house or to a bar to drink is high risk. 100+ days is very nice, but it's not an indicator that you are now capable of drinking normally. But pick yourself up and have another go at getting it right.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A hundred days is amazing. You still have that. Your body still is enjoying the benefit of 100 days. Hop back onto that path again. We don't drink anymore and that's that. Get another few weeks under your belt and let's hit the new decade of the 20's sober and on our journey.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhyNotNowMe View Post
3 more years until 40 and I don't have much to show for it.
You have two things to 'show for it':
  1. Time (you're only 37 - you have over half of your life yet to enjoy sober)
  2. 100 days sober - your liver and organs do not count days. They are thankful.

Well done for jumping back on the sober train and getting five days behind you.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

she asks if I want to come over and have a drink with her.

I got drunk and . . . my binge drinking lasted 10 days

So the effects of 1 drink lasts 10 days (not counting the black eye and the money you spent).

I've been there and done that.

You were sober for 100 days which is great, but your recovery plan fell apart on a Friday night.

You need to change to change up your plan. What are going to do to avoid this from happening again in the future?
Old 12-16-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by WhyNotNowMe View Post
[left]then on Friday night I went to a bar a land had 3 beers. Everything was fine until .................
Welcome back WNNM, glad to hear that you are seeking help to get back to being sober. One thing I wanted to point out - read what I quoted above. In hindsight, do you really believe that things were still "fine" after you made the decision to go to the bar and have a few beers? I would wager that something was wrong before you went to the bar, likely for quite some time before that. People who are active in their recovery don't generally just decide that it's OK to go have a few beers.

If I might as, what were you doing in support of your sobriety during those 100 days? Were you part of a formal recovery program/meetings? Did you use SR as a support community? For the most part, just "not drinking" is not a very effective plan for sobriety. Most of us need to have some kind of framework/theory/plan to follow to maintain our sobriety. I'm glad you are back, and you can learn a lot from the community here about what they have done to maintain sobriety.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you're struggling right now, but it's great that you're here, and Day 5 is fantastic!

I I wasn't able to be around alcohol at the 100 day point, nor at the 6 month point. For me, it was most of a year before I felt comfortable being around alcohol. Maybe that's something you could think about in your recovery.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sometimes sobriety comes in fits and starts...you need a recovery plan also. Everyone has given you great advice and asked questions that you need to attend to. Take the hundred days and use the experiences to help you on this journey.

Adopt an SR thread and be responsible posting to it daily, let people know how you are. Also, you could help others.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm sorry that you're struggling right now, but it's great that you're here, and Day 5 is fantastic!

I I wasn't able to be around alcohol at the 100 day point, nor at the 6 month point. For me, it was most of a year before I felt comfortable being around alcohol. Maybe that's something you could think about in your recovery.
I am over 15 months sober and have yet to be around booze.....

Not worth the risk, for me.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
I am over 15 months sober and have yet to be around booze.....

Not worth the risk, for me.
I planned to drink when I went to the bar
Old 12-16-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Don’t beat yourself up the relapse has served a purpose in showing you how bad thinks get when you decide to have a drink.

The most important thing is to stop the relapse now! My relapse lasted 3 1/2 months and has been hell on earth! I don’t want the same for you! Good luck.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

At the beginning of the year I was 100 + days sober too but the only thing that got me that far was not drinking, that wasn't enough. The lesson I did learn was it's not a break I needed. I just can't drink ever and by ever I mean one day at a time.
I'm glad you're here. That's a great start.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some great advice here WhyNotNowMe

I had to make some pretty tough decisions when I got sober - I accepted that drinking any amount brought me back into trouble and so I missed some parties, a wedding and some birthdays because I knew being around drinkers so early in my recovery would more likely than not bring me undone.

I worked hard at staying sober tho and at building a sober life I loved.

Eventually I knew I preferred being sober, and now I can go anywhere with anyone and stay sober - but I had to work up to that.

what did your recovery plan look like those 100 days WhyNotNowMe? What did you do to stay sober then?

D
Old 12-16-2019, 10:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 12-16-2019, 11:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hi friend! The point is you got right back on the horse after falling off. Never give up on yourself, hang tight