SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/444062-day-1-a.html)

FreedomCA 12-12-2019 05:12 PM

Day 1

Sorry for the bad news but I drank last night. I’ve decided with my new sobriety to give up caffeine. It’s going to be difficult but I believe it’s what I have to do to stay sober.

faith823 12-12-2019 05:21 PM

The good news is your back! Your Sober today and you posted.
Great job being true to yourself. Does the caffeine make you anxious?
I love my diet coke and coffee in the morning. I would love to be healthier and
stick to water and caffeine free tea. I like sleepy time at night.
Great job coming right back and congrats on staying sober today.

doggonecarl 12-12-2019 05:22 PM

Last night you were an hour away from 16 days and seemed excited about it. What happened?

Surrendered19 12-12-2019 05:22 PM

That's ok FreedomCA. You are in one piece and back here among those who understand completely. Let's get another 20 full days sober for you and that will get you to Jan 1 and a new year and a new road 20 days in. Great way to start 2020.

Dee74 12-12-2019 05:44 PM

Sorry you drank FreedomCA.

Maybe you need a list of things to do before you drink - an action plan...posting and reading here, posting to others in trouble, hitting a meeting, calling someone, urge surfing....

Giving up caffeine is a good lifestyle change but I'm not sure what impact that alone will have on you not relapsing?

I think you'd be better off focusing on finding support and using it :dunno:

D

benitoD 12-12-2019 05:47 PM

Welcome back!

FreedomCA 12-12-2019 05:51 PM

I was excited one hour before getting 16 days because I was high and intoxicated on caffeine. It then makes me anxious and I drink. I was drinking 2 energy drinks each day. I know that if I want to stay sober I need to stop getting a daily high on caffeine.

i just blended a fruit smoothie with protein powder and feel better.

And please know that I do take this as a life and death issue when I drink. I’m just not freaking out because that would not be good either. I really do think this time it’s the caffeine. I got rid of the pseudoephedrine and now I have to ditch the caffeine too.

Im so tired and just want to go to bed and wake up to Day 2.

FreedomCA 12-12-2019 09:49 PM

Just got out of a meeting and now having ribs at Applebee’s with water. So far so good with my new caffeine free sobriety. I guess now the only drug I am on is sugar, but I think I would die if I gave that one up.

HeadEast 12-12-2019 10:46 PM

Applebee's sounds good! Listen to what Dee has said. There is some solid advice there. It seems as though you are making a connection between caffeine and relapsing. If so, you need to take another look at why you relapsed so you can learn from it.

NicLin 12-12-2019 11:03 PM

Happy you came back and are taking it seriously, you know what you need to do,

and we are all here for you!!!

Pressmetilihurt 12-13-2019 12:03 AM

Yes!!! So glad you made it! I have 99 days today and it's taken probably 2 years to get here. I just keep coming back here. I've been going to meetings, too. Tomorrow is day 2 for you! Rock it.

gypsytears 12-13-2019 12:06 AM

Welcome back. Cutting out caffeine is a good idea if it makes you anxious. Sugar? Is also a powerful drug. Giving it up will not kill you fwiw.

FreedomCA 12-13-2019 01:32 AM

Don’t feel I need to give up sugar because it doesn’t seem to trigger cravings like caffeine does. Also, I’m not too sure sugar is a drug that has mind altering effects like the other drugs.