Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 13 - 16 December 2019

Notices

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 13 - 16 December 2019

Old 12-14-2019, 02:29 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Late to the party but I’m in for the sober weekend. Trying to heal and get better, been sick all week.

alfie is so cute 😍 I bet he had fun in the mud but not his bath. All the photos are nice to see what everyone is out doing.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:20 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Mariposa!

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
Sao - I used to sit in the porch of that church & drink to keep the shakes at bay when I worked up by Fenchurch Street - grim indeed.
Glad you don't need to be doing that anymore Andy. I really is grim, I have been inside the church, it is maybe a metre and a half/five feet below the surrounding cemetery because the bodies were piled so high during the plague year.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Tv

Lol I love this! Bah humbug indeed lol. I’m 4 days shy of 7 months sober n I went to my first social gathering. A work holiday party. It was brutal n I could only stay for 20 mins. I left n cried while driving to a meeting. I shared at the meeting and cried my eyes out. Sometimes all we need in this world is a kind word. AA meetings provide that every single time. I was reassured that I did everything right and it will get better even if it takes years for me to be comfortable around other people’s drinking. I ate candy relaxed n Watched tv at home next to my lit up Christmas tree knowing I have no regrets and I’m still sober <3
Old 12-14-2019, 04:17 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Mariposa, hope you feel better soon

Tower of London oldest building, or parts of it, thanks Saou. Must have some horrors to tell if the walls could talk.

I keep thinking about this guy I saw in the petrol station a while ago. It was when I was working and called in for petrol, it had a shop too and sold booze 24/7. As I got back to my car I saw people looking at the shop in a strange way. Then this youth came out from the shop carrying a bottle of vodka. He was paralytic drunk and when he passed by his trousers were all soiled. My heart went out to him. I hope he managed to get himself off the stuff.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:44 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Nice to see you Mariposa, hope you feel better soon.

Welcome LLG. Well done on nearly 7 months and leaving the party so quickly. If in doubt go home (or AA).

Mags were you pleased with the chosen glitter ball winner? I thought he was a very worthy winner.

Bim how is Kitty doing?

Been awake since 4 am. Far too early, no hangover though.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:20 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Kaily, yes! I was hoping he would win when I saw him dance the very first time.

Cold, dark and miserable outside. Must be winter.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:29 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad you dumped that wine Kaily

D
Old 12-14-2019, 10:42 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, so am I but I still don't understand though why it was so hard, I mean I could buy wine anytime I want so why did this wine become so precious and why was I so unable to just dump it?

Baffles me.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:44 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

What a weekend, that's 2 weekends now I made it sober after posting in here.. I had massive cravings and bought AF wine but didn't drink it lol I feel like I was naughty in buying them even though its AF.. It was better than buying actual wine..
Sunday evening here and no chance of drinking and that's 2 weeks sober for me!
Old 12-14-2019, 11:24 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on almost 7 months LiveLike Gold, it is harder for younger people in those situations I think but it will not always be as tough as that. You made it home without drinking and those sort of parties are not every day events so you can forget about it in time.

Well done Red on getting through your second weekend and more importantly on beating those cravings, the good news is that cravings do go away in time, you don't have to battle them forever.

It is not easy to throw away perfectly good anything Kaily so well done.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:29 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

When anyone of us does not feel like posting, feels like buying booze- feels like giving up- THAT is the tie to post. There is strength in numbers.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:12 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Magsie

Red, Congratulations on your second weekend.

LiveLikeGold, Congratulations on nearly 7 months. I would’ve struggled at 7 months being around people partying and drinking too.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:35 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
Lol I love this! Bah humbug indeed lol. I’m 4 days shy of 7 months sober n I went to my first social gathering. A work holiday party. It was brutal n I could only stay for 20 mins. I left n cried while driving to a meeting. I shared at the meeting and cried my eyes out. Sometimes all we need in this world is a kind word. AA meetings provide that every single time. I was reassured that I did everything right and it will get better even if it takes years for me to be comfortable around other people’s drinking. I ate candy relaxed n Watched tv at home next to my lit up Christmas tree knowing I have no regrets and I’m still sober <3
LLG I am SO proud of you.
What an amazing thing you did & guess who will wake up with no hang over or regrets ....YOU .

20 minutes was enough , soon it would turn into drunken drivel and you be at the point of no return.

You should feel SO proud of yourself as that would have been so hard to do.

I bet you feel a bit empowered now and isn’t that just an awesome feeling.
you ruled the AV , it didn’t rule you.

This is just the best news ever.

Old 12-15-2019, 01:27 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

7 months is awesome LLG

D
Old 12-15-2019, 03:25 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Kaily, well done disposing of the bottle of toxin!

Congratulations on your awesome 7 months, LLG!
Old 12-15-2019, 11:36 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

It's a pretty nice day here, big dramatically lit clouds, breaks of blue sky, some rain. I just made a cup of protein-chocolate-cinnamon coffee and came to sit down and three river otters swam by my window as I was settling in. I'm also watching Mergansers catch fish. All these predators! Swim little fishies!

If they catch a fish they often race off to eat it... before someone snags it! I just watched one do this. They have to flip it around so it goes down head-first and sometimes lose their grip in the attempt. That gives their buddy a chance at the catch.

Anyway, can't decide whether to go to the zoo or to go to the beach or to just walk in the neighborhood. I'm leaning toward the neighborhood. Quietest, and hey, otters and waterfowl!

What happened with the UK snow storm? Anything?
Old 12-15-2019, 12:04 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

No UK snow here, sadly, because I can't wait to see what my young rescue cockerel thinks of his first snow.

Stunning photo of Mergansers in action, with plumes of water and the leader's fluffed up neck and head plumage because of the catch! You must live in a lovely part of the planet, Bim, a river, zoo, beach and a neighbourhood on the doorstep!
Old 12-15-2019, 12:09 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I do live in a great place. That is not my image, but yes, she is tryin' hard to get away with that fish!

She's doing that swim-with-wings-thing they do to go faster.

My river is a slow-moving haven for predators. Always something going on.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:43 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Had a dusting of snow last night in the north UK and the hills around my village are white so looks nice. Roads are fine which is a relief as didn’t fancy having to drive to the city if it had settled.

Early night for me and going to listen to some sleepy binaural beats which I always fall asleep to before the music has finished . 1 week to go and then it’s the holidays till 6th Jan and couldn’t be more chuffed it’s so close xx

Take care all and have a super Monday xx
Old 12-15-2019, 09:02 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Does the cockerel make a lot of noise Tatsy? I would love to give some battery hens a better life and watch them blossom into happy hens but my garden is way too small.

Your views sound idyllic Bim.

I have a bit of a health worry at the mo. Probably nothing but niggling away at me and Dr Google is a very pessimistic Dr that you just help but visit.

Happy Monday all.