Notices

Class of December 2019 part 2

Old 12-13-2019, 01:48 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Sleep well RAL. As its only morning here and im just starting day 6 and your going to bed Im going to put it down that I am about half a day behind you in recovery but in time terms im probably a day ahead....not that it matters but it was a good mental exercise to try and wrap my damaged brain around the time zone difference
Old 12-13-2019, 02:09 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Yep....you will always be first dear Zura.....well, actually Red will be as she is in NZ. s

Tony ~ doing things differently is the key I believe. : s
Old 12-13-2019, 02:22 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

hello Venus, hope you enjoyed your chicken soup last night. I am off too harvest about 800 onions
Old 12-13-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Quick Friday evening check-in. Hope to hit the gym soon, beats happy hour.

For many years I was a weekend warrior. I could abstain during the week but Friday evening through Sunday was an absolute bingefest that I paid for dearly on Mondays. I loathed that cycle which of course progressed to every day of the week over time. Heading into a busy weekend, and although I'm not looking forward to anything on my plate, I'm going to be clear-headed. No more wasting weekends wasted.

I'm glad to see everyone posting and sharing. I know we'd like to hit pause on our thoughts instead of "lights on" all the time, but we're making progress. I always get great insight and food for thought from everyone.

Bring on a productive sober weekend!
Old 12-13-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Yep unless someone is from Samoa then I see the light of the day 1st, 1130am on sat morning here..

JT - I love your description of Dees memory, it has made me giggle quite a lot...i may steal that one day.

No offence Dee as you couldn't do your job if you didn't remember everything, just like Venus..
Old 12-13-2019, 07:25 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Wrapping up another day on this earth. Sober and grateful. Had a few little conversations with myself today. Just needed to remind the voice within that I don't drink anymore. I will continue to recite that until she quiets down. It's not loud on day 4, just a little annoying.

Like many of you, exercise for me is a key ingredient to staying sober. Hoping to go for a long run tomorrow morning. I'm going to sign up for a half-marathon occurring in the spring. That will be great motivation to stay away from drink and stay healthy.

Coder, Thinking of you as you travel to see your brother.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:11 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Woken up in the small hours of Day 3 cold from withdrawal sweats and with a big old resentment that is occupying my mind. I’m really annoyed with one of the girls in work at the moment who keeps trying to figure out what’s wrong. I know it’s out of some kindness but it feels really intrusive and also I think her motivations are a bit skewed: trying to point fingers at other people to divert attention to from how unhappy she is.

Sorry for the ramble. It’s 4am in the UK here and I just needed to start getting this off my chest.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:22 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopingwishing View Post
Woken up in the small hours of Day 3 cold from withdrawal sweats and with a big old resentment that is occupying my mind. I’m really annoyed with one of the girls in work at the moment who keeps trying to figure out what’s wrong. I know it’s out of some kindness but it feels really intrusive and also I think her motivations are a bit skewed: trying to point fingers at other people to divert attention to from how unhappy she is.

Sorry for the ramble. It’s 4am in the UK here and I just needed to start getting this off my chest.
Those kind of unsettling thoughts are always the worse. The ones that make you wake up and overthink them to the point when you cannot get back to sleep.

Take comfort in the knowledge that you know where you’re going - what your destination is. Soon enough this person will be saying “you look fantastic - how did you do it?”

Best Regards,

JT
Old 12-13-2019, 08:31 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Thank you so much JT, that is heartening to think that.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:42 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Going out to a work function soon, feeling very triggered to drink, like a lot, I've been dealing with my biggest trigger all day, it's something I despise but can't get away from, well not unless I tip my whole life on its head. So I am aiming for lemon, lime and bittera tonight and I am hoping that's what happens and I'm posting here before I go..
Hope you all have a great sober Saturday..
Old 12-13-2019, 10:01 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have faith you can stay sober Red
Old 12-14-2019, 12:24 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Red-I wish I had not drunk at my work function. It’s ruined me for a few days at least. My prayers are with you that you can make it through xx
Old 12-14-2019, 12:28 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Morning All & Happy Sober Saturday I've said this a million times but although every day waking up sober is wonderful there seems something extra special about Saturday mornings.

Thinking of you and your family Coder.

Zura-congrats on week too Congrats to everyone on your sober time.

Hopingwishing- hope you got some sleep and start to feel better soon.
I agree with Tony about your colleague.

Hoep you got through the function ok Red. Please let us know how you are

1 week today. Seems a long week. I used to find it easy to stop for a few days or weeks. As time goes by the harder it is to even get day 1 and 2. I woke at 3am this morning with utter relief and joy that I declined the wine offered to me last night. Today I will do food and children's entertainment and have SR in my pocket or leave the room if I have cravings. Go out for a walk or drive etc. I have an escape plan so feel committed and strong.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:43 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

RAL-well done declining that wine! Also it sounds like you've got a really good plan for today too. Keep close! :-)
Old 12-14-2019, 01:35 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

In taxi on the way home and I'm sober! We are however going to the bottle store as my partner wants booze on the way home and..... he made it before it shut by 1 minute, damn it...
Oh well let's see how this goes..
Old 12-14-2019, 01:37 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Well done Red, you legend! Get yourself a nice warm cup of herbal tea/decaf tea when you get in and don’t succumb-you’ve done the hard work.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:44 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopingwishing View Post
Well done Red, you legend! Get yourself a nice warm cup of herbal tea/decaf tea when you get in and don’t succumb-you’ve done the hard work.
Thanks I feel pretty chuffed.. My partners boss had been trying to book a gin tasting or beer tasting like last year and I'm so glad that the bar wasn't doing them this year, would've been a bit harder to not drink..
I won't succumb now so I'm safe, I'm way too full from dinner..
Old 12-14-2019, 01:50 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Well done Red. I’m pleased for you x
Old 12-14-2019, 02:48 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Great result red well done
Old 12-14-2019, 02:48 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done red

D