Thankful to have made it through day 5.

​​​​​​Hope you all are well.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:00 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Fantastic dear Mary.
Getting through day 5 is huge....hope you sleep really well tonight. xx
Old 12-18-2019, 12:15 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Red, Great post and I’m reaping the same benefits. This is the better way and we just have to remind ourselves of this truth daily!

Mary, well done! Glad you’re here.

JT, I’m glad your thinking a bit different today and asking yourself those questions. I don’t want any of us to fall back into our old patterns. When we do, we’ve bought into the deceit of addiction. It promises so much (or we think it does) then it kicks us right in the behind and knocks us down again. It really is a poison to our bodies and souls.

I find this site pretty amazing. All different folks from many countries and all different backgrounds, coming together to try to break free. I’m very thankful to be here with all of your support.

Just got in from a run. It was about 5 degrees F, so I had to wear my mask. Makes me feel like a Ninja. I think I was the only soul out there exercising. I would have never done that hung over. Feeling good today!
Old 12-18-2019, 12:34 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I don't understand how it's possible to be outside in that temp.....I can't.....I froze badly last time I was out in that.

#IndoorAussieForTheNextFewMonths
Old 12-18-2019, 12:59 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Thank you venuscat, for all your encouragement.

​​​​​​Glad I'm here too jewel. This site is really making a difference. Having some support helps a lot.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:18 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good Morning All.
Back to Day 1. I slept in yesterday and didn't get time to post in the morning. Had some huge triggers I wont go into details as it isn't really appropriate but i can see the benefit of posting every morning without fail. It all feels like excuses though but i am trying to identify triggers in the hope of avoiding them in the early days. I've made myself unavailable to everyone for the next month or so, so i can concentrate on me and hopefully I will be left alone, no more nasty surprise visitors. Congratulations on those reaching milestones and I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:03 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that happened love. s
I know how important it is to you to have this time and space. xx
So more tools in the box and better equipped to handle anything that comes your way.... onward together love. s ❤️
Old 12-18-2019, 02:05 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

Unfortunately there will always be triggers, Zura, at least for a while.

I think the best thing we can do is add to our recovery plan so that the next time that 'perfect storm' comes up we can sail through it sober?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html
Old 12-18-2019, 02:17 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mary88 View Post
Thankful to have made it through day 5.

​​​​​​Hope you all are well.

Originally Posted by Mary88 View Post
Thank you venuscat, for all your encouragement.

​​​​​​Glad I'm here too jewel. This site is really making a difference. Having some support helps a lot.
Fantastic Mary - well done.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
Good Morning All.
Back to Day 1. I slept in yesterday and didn't get time to post in the morning. Had some huge triggers I wont go into details as it isn't really appropriate but i can see the benefit of posting every morning without fail. It all feels like excuses though but i am trying to identify triggers in the hope of avoiding them in the early days. I've made myself unavailable to everyone for the next month or so, so i can concentrate on me and hopefully I will be left alone, no more nasty surprise visitors. Congratulations on those reaching milestones and I hope everyone is doing well.
So sorry to hear you slipped. But well done for getting on the horse.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Checking in for day 7. Been a triggery type of day, felt the AV whispering to me today. I reckon it’s cos I didn’t post yesterday. Lesson learned. Here I am posting today and gagging that insidious AV!
Old 12-18-2019, 03:51 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 7 hopingwishing

D
Old 12-18-2019, 05:09 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hugs to you, Zura. I hope you can get right back to recovery. Please continue to share and let the group help, whatever happens.
Congrats on day 5 Mary!
I'm continuing to have a hard time with work. I am honestly considering just quitting. I am not that far from retirement. I would so love to just walk out. I think it would be a mistake for me in these early days, though. I need to be more grounded before making such a big decision. I will just lean on God and SR, do my best at work, and try to let all the BS bounce off.
Jewel, I think it's fantastic that you run. It's so good for us. I read that the best way we can help our brains recover is to exercise, as it helps rebuild some of the damage, and we can actually get better than we were before we started killing off our brain cells. Keep sharing about it, you are inspiring me!
I didn't get to write out my recovery plan today. I also haven't been to an AA meeting yet. I hate that, but I spent the day constantly trying to defend myself from the people at work, and ended up going in around 3 and staying until almost 7, even though it was supposed to be my work from home day. It's so discouraging. My residents love me, though, as do their families.
I had a very long day and am going to watch some tube and go to sleep sober. Another thing I am incredibly grateful for!
Old 12-18-2019, 08:06 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Zura, Good for you getting right back into sobriety. We are here for you. It helps me to post daily too, even if I don't have much to say.

Thanks, Karen. I plan on running as long as my body will allow. I feel most alive and free when I'm running. I mean, it's not always pleasant and easy, but it's good and healthy and definitely my favorite form of exercise. Maybe next year will be the year you can quit your job...find a new one? I think you're wise to get more sober time under your belt before you make big decisions.

Good to see you hopingwishing and glad you're gagging the AV instead of feeding it.

Ok. I'm off to read before bed.

Passing off the torch. Good morning, JT. I trust you'll be having your AM check in soon.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:09 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Turning in here at the conclusion of day 15. Thanks for aLl the support y'all.
zura good for j coming right back. I believe checking in daily helps even when I have nothing to say. Try it . Sending lots of good vibes for an amazing Thnursday for all!
Old 12-18-2019, 09:31 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Winning.. Just been the bottle store to buy vodka, not for drinking but I use it in my essential oil sprays. It was on my list to buy all day and I didn't even consider it a trigger and I walked in bought it and walked out no problem.. A bit risky I guess but I needed it..
Old 12-18-2019, 09:46 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Day 30

The big 3-0. I’ve been here a few times but it is always nice to hit landmarks. I have to say the first twenty days flew by but the last ten seem to have dragged. Not ‘dragged’ in the sense of me wanting a drink - just taken their time as life being in slow motion. Still that’s a good thing I guess? Who wants their life to simply speed away?

Those of you talking about exercise have hit upon something important I think? Whilst a lot of people have found everlasting sobriety without out a regular exercise regime it does seem to be a very common theme with a very large proportion of accounts I read of those that have ditched the demon?

I always throw myself into exercise when sober. My split is as follows:

Day 1 - Weights x 30 sets (upper body)
Day 2 - Weights x 30 sets (lower body)
Day 3 - Treadmill or Outdoor Run (45 minutes)

Repeat.

I tend to fit in at least one 3-4 mile walk with the dog every day as well.

My body weight loss is down by 16 pounds in the 30 days so far with four and a half inches off my waist. I’ve weight trained and exercised for about the last thirty years (in my sober times - sometimes when drinking too) so I put on muscle and lose fat pretty quickly. When really fit and lean I walk about at approximately 192 pounds - 13 stone 10 pounds - or 87 kilos. I have 14 pounds to go.

On that note I’m off to the gym in the next hour or two for a weights session on back, chest , biceps, triceps and shoulders. I enjoy this workout (like most men seem to) so it’s not much of an effort to go.

I’m pleased to see most of us doing well but I’m equally relieved that those that have stumbled have come right back to the group (like Strawberry and Zura) so that we can help and encourage. Please don’t give up?

Well that’s all from me today. I’ve kind of ran out of thoughts to share for now.

Love & Strength to All

JT
Old 12-18-2019, 10:04 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Just checking in for my day 4 afternoon. Feeling very grateful today. I received a huge box of delicious fruit from my boss which I'm munching on as I type and received some great news about my cat who is hopefully coming home from the vets tomorrow.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:22 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Survived yesterday . Next step. Tonight is kids school Xmas play which is flowing with mulled wine .
Old 12-19-2019, 01:39 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Thanks JustTony and sober369.

Day 6 now. Grateful to be here and for all your supportive message.

​​​​​​I also believe exercise helps. I walked for 100 minutes yesterday. Aiming to exercise for at least 60 minutes a day. Already looking leaner and feeling a bit more positive.

Warm wishes to you all.