Notices

self imposed ban, for now.

Old 12-11-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

self imposed ban, for now.

I fully understand the irony of stating I have put myself on a self imposed ban from SR. And am now posting.

I need to become a little selfish and focus on myself for a bit and get things straightened out. I lashed out VERY seriously.

I want to apologize to those I offended. I am not proud of myself, and actually over the weekend felt some shame. It was horrible.

I will be back in due time as this too shall pass. Jeff.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I need to become a little selfish and focus on myself for a bit and get things straightened out. I lashed out VERY seriously.
Well, I missed it, but I'm going to take a guess that it's bothering you more than anyone else. I'll be looking forward to your return.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That smacks of punishment to me Jeff and you don't need more punishment - quite the opposite.

You drank - thats all the more reason NOT to ban yourself but to participate more in this community.

stop beating yourself up and start wailing on your addiction and whatever else has you down on yourself.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
That smacks of punishment to me Jeff and you don't need more punishment - quite the opposite.

You drank - thats all the more reason NOT to ban yourself but to participate more in this community.

stop beating yourself up and start wailing on your addiction and whatever else has you down on yourself.
If you good folks will have me, I love being here. It keeps me grounded. Sorry for my actions. Jeff.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jeff, I'm just glad that you're back for now and that you're back to your old self.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I dont think anyone here was shocked or offended, just worried about you.

Hope you are feeling better.

Ive learned, especially with MY realtives that like to take a spin on the crazy train, to detach for my own sanity.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I missed too. But hey no worries we are just a happy sober bunch here. ✌ one day at a time
Old 12-11-2019, 04:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

You are always welcome Jeff - I think every one of us knew how you were feeling that day.

D
Old 12-11-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

don't ban yourself, it's important for all of us to be here I believe. I might not post as much as I used to but I'm here everyday. dealing with some family stuff myself atm I can relate to the frustrations they can cause.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stay with us, I think its the best thing you can do. I would worry if you stayed away that you might end up back down the rabbit hole and we all know that's a terrible place to be..
You got drunk, you got angry, not really with us, you've apologised, so be here and stay close so that you make sure it doesn't happen again..this is where you belong..
Nic
Old 12-11-2019, 04:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello-
You sound very intelligent and educated in your posts. I am sorry you are going through a tough time. I only have today (24hrs) that matters alcohol free.
I am very excited though that there is a brand new decade around the corner
that one day at a time I can be sober for! Glad you are taking care of yourself.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

One of my sad consequences of my drinking is that I drunk dialed and drunk texted people. To protect myself and others from this consequence, I would delete phone numbers from my phone when I was still drinking. If you still feel vulnerable to drinking, I can understand why you may want to protect yourself by temporarily banning yourself from this site until you have, say, 30 days. But that also means you may have to reach out in other ways to get help in the meantime, such as AA, outpatient or inpatient rehab. You are in my prayers.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

After my last relapse ended I was in pure shame and avoided SR for about 4 months until I felt stable in my sobriety. At that point I had only managed to put three two month stretches together so I can kind of get it.

But Jeff, in your case I think you've been here too long for that!
Old 12-11-2019, 04:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nah, don’t ban yourself and cut off from peers.
we all know if you ever were to get really off-the-rail-offensive here, someone else would ban you
stick around
Old 12-11-2019, 04:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

If anyone can understand it's us lot. I used to post here drunk out of the sheer loneliness that drunkenness had taken me (and - knowing drunk me - would do again were I to take a drink). Unfortunately it's par for the course in relapse land. Or maybe fortunately; I mean, it's another thing that keeps me accountable. Facebook used to be a big problem for me too. And boy how I don't miss those next day reveals!

Stick around bud.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Jeff,

Many of us have been actually WAITING for you to return so that we can help support you. The inevitable after-drinking guilt is tough. Minutes seem like hours when I feel that way. Glad you posted here today.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Stay with us, please. I don't think you realize how much you posts really mean to some of us.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Stay on here Thomas11. The exchange from a few days ago was really not that big of a deal. You were clearly in pain and all of us definitely get it. Stay on here and keep helping us. I'm new to sobriety and appreciate honest posts like yours - good, bad, unicorns and ugly. That is what life throws at us and it is good for us to talk about all of it.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I read that thread and it was bad but I don't see the need to punish yourself. Just don't drink and keep posting.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to see you posting - we're your friends, Jeff. Don't deny yourself the support and encouragement.