Notices

Four Weeks!

Old 12-09-2019, 09:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I love your post Auchieshuggle and wish you the best. Congratulations. Your posts show that some of us get better with the help of medical intervention. The goal is the same, isn't it? I would still be drinking if I listened to all of the advice saying that it will get better soon. You are doing good.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
I love your post Auchieshuggle and wish you the best. Congratulations. Your posts show that some of us get better with the help of medical intervention. The goal is the same, isn't it? I would still be drinking if I listened to all of the advice saying that it will get better soon. You are doing good.
Thanks. Aye, I think medical assistance is sometimes required, especially in my case where I am frightened to leave the house. Hopefully it's just a temporary measure.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShiftHappens View Post
Oddly thats why I STARTED.

Anxiety, agoraphobia, everything on the anxiety spectrum.

Not a good idea ( understatement of the century)

Congratulations on 28 days!

Remember alcohol will make your anxiety WORSE in the long run.

If youre having unmanageable problems with it, do yourself a huge favor and see a doctor before you take a drink.
Ditto all of that!!

Auchie, awesome job on 28 days. I don't know that I'd say my struggle was truly agoraphobia but early on in sobriety I struggled greatly with crowds, loud noises (ha, I worked in a busy restaurant so Sat nights were a trip!) and jostling/closeness....I found that eased greatly as I went on, and it did take a good bit longer than a month. I noticed a big shift forward in many areas around 100 days (things improved before for sure, that is just where I remember a bigger and more noticeable shift).

I found this piece Dee posted a long time ago clicked with me - maybe some of it will with you too...stuff like spatial distance, aphasia (basically, trouble grasping the right words) and so on were some physical manifestations I had of PAWS -
https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/

I took this article as info and hope that getting sober and well is a process, not that it meant suffering for months or years. I was very sick, so yeah, it took each passing yr as I am headed to anniv 4 for my health and energy and so on to keep evolving for the better, on the whole. Everyone is different - the key point to your OP and the comments is that we need to keep sober to keep improving! My drs are a huge piece, too.

Keep it up!!!