Notices

Day 233

Old 12-23-2019, 03:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 233

Good morning fam. Happy Monday. Hope it's a happy Monday for you fam. Lurkers and newbies lets make today your happy Monday. As well. As I stated in last nights post. I said I was gonna stick around here. Why? So that I can stay grounded in my sobriety. The mix for a solid foundation are located right here on SR. The encouragement and push that some folks need and want are here fam. Newbie be like yeah but thats no fun. Its the holidays look at everybody getting it in. . yes for some folks these are the days they let their hair down. Indulge and what not. Why cause them type of folk can do that. Well for us boozers although our intentions arw to be like that. We or I can't. In my case I dont have an off switch. I dont drink normal nor do I want to stop. 233 days ago I would of been pickled from when I got off work aaaalll the way till I was about to go back to work. My mind and body would of been a wreck. All in the name of what? Exactly .. Nothing gained from doing that crap to my body. To think I did that same routine for decades. . look at now yeah I got some rest. Got up took dog out. Brewed a pot of coffee now I sit in my front porch fresh cup of Joe. And do my readings. Case your wondering. First I say a silent prayer to my HP thanking him for another day of sobriety. Then I read my daily bread. Just for today. AA daily reflection. A page of a book I got. Write in my journal. Then I make a pit stop to my favorite hang out SR. I try to fill my mind and soul with as much positive mojo. To get me thru Today. See that fam today. Cause God willing I'm givin Tommorow I will repeat all I do over again. Get my fix for the day. To enjoy a fruitful peaceful sober Day fam. One day at a time fam. ✌
Old 12-23-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your posts are helpful. Thanks
Old 12-23-2019, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning to all,

I must be an odd duck. I never associated alcohol with fun. For me it was an escape of sorts or something from my troubles. From everything.

It never occured to me that it would ever be a "problem"

Well, it wrecked my mind and spirit. It kicked my anxiety and ocd into high gear after giving me false relief.

I stopped at the convenience store yesterday and saw a line of tired looking, old before their time folks on line with their 24 packs.

They didnt look happy or fun to me, and I must confess I felt SO much ....relief and gratitude that it wasnt me.

The compulsion has been broken off of me through the grace of God, a doctor, or both, and THAT lifestyle holds no interest for me.

Rock on everyone. A few hours of "fun' you wont remember for what?

I get up thankful every morning. Even though my roof is leaking

Guess what, I'll deal with it.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Living in Day 33 and am so grateful to be calm and clear and content. Well-said post SoberRican, as always. We don't drink anymore. It's as plain as that and that simple truth brings so much relief with it. My drinking was absolutely exhausting and wrecked every day. Sober life is far from perfect but at least now I can see what's coming and bob, weave, punch, retreat or whatever move I need to make. Calm, clear, sober, rested, fed, cleaned, exercised and grateful. One day at a time.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's a really beautiful way to start your day, SoberRican. I do similar and it has served me well for nearly six years.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Really encouraging thread SoberRican! I really relate to Shifthappens, as my drinking was not for fun either. I wanted utter escape and stay away everyone.
Right now I am alone in my house, without license for 6 years. Yet it's ok and I'm sober and with you guys. Thank you for your shares. It helps so much in crawling out of the hole.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the post man - congrats on 233

D
Old 12-23-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Perfectly stated, SoberRican. I don't have an 'off' switch either, which I'd say is a common issue with a lot of us here. It feels so good to wake up sober and enjoy the morning clear-eyed, without feelings of shame or regret over what happened the night before, and your routine is a winning one. Thanks for your daily positive advice and encouragement. I really do feel like this is a family.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Love it!!! ❤❤❤❤