Notices

I made it through the insane cravings

Old 12-07-2019, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I made it through the insane cravings

From 8am to 12noon today.

at 8am it was bright and I felt like it was noon
I think I was hungry needed some ice cream on a waffle.

I do not know I prayed , ate, posted here and got through it.

Meeting tonight at 7p
Old 12-07-2019, 11:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done Faith. This is exactly how I got through as well. It works if you work it....and you are working it.

❤🙏❤🙏
Old 12-07-2019, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done! Build those sober muscles one day at a time!
Old 12-07-2019, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Well done Faith. This is exactly how I got through as well. It works if you work it....and you are working it.

❤🙏❤🙏
Thank you Snitch. So glad you got through. I would of been in a bad way right now and it is only 230p.

I feel really guilty I did not go for my walk today. Maybe I will muster up the strength. Gets dark at 4pm so I better hurry up and decide.

All I have to do today though is NOT drink.

Old 12-07-2019, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job!! I am jealous of your breakfast. You rock!
Old 12-07-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done faith

D
Old 12-07-2019, 04:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Faith, good job today, and be kind to yourself. You missed your walk, but you stayed sober. You can walk tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Faith. Now I have cravings for a waffle and ice cream.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's how it's done, Faith! It will get easier. You're doing a fabulous job.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
Thanks Faith. Now I have cravings for a waffle and ice cream.
Icecream never fails me. It does the trick for my craving

I put pnut butter and banana's on it too-

as Anna said I can walk tomorrow and not be hungover
Old 12-07-2019, 06:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by faith823 View Post

I feel really guilty I did not go for my walk today._
Give yourself a break hon. It is ok to not do something you originally wanted or planned to do. Early recovery is exhausting!! I ate a lot of treats and rested a lot in my early days, weeks, months even. I learnt to let go of the guilt. I was battling a serious addiction and my main goal was to get my head in my pillow at night sober. If I managed that then i managed something really awesome!! You can always go for a walk tomorrow.

🙏❤
Old 12-08-2019, 01:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! feel fine now- no cravings

Intense craving hit today during a meeting- planning my drink at a meeting??
Sorry they have been coming every day. I am getting through them but would love them to just ease up for one day!

There is a commitment at a detox center next Sat night- I think it will be very beneficial for me to go to that meeting. I was broken the few times I was in detox. Not a fun place to be - drinking will get me there
Old 12-08-2019, 01:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well done
Old 12-08-2019, 03:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I read a book called Alcohol Explained by William Porter. In it, William explains the intense cravings. To put it simply, the subconscious part of the brain is sending messages to the conscious part to take a drink. A bit like it would to eat something or to breathe! It thinks it needs alcohol for its survival. It really helped me to understand what was actually happening to me scientifically. The longer we abstain, the weaker and less frequent the cravings become. This also explains why we can never drink again. The brain never forgets so as soon as we put alcohol into our system it will start the process off all over again.

Knowledge itself couldnt keep me sober. I still need my HP and my meetings and my programme but it definitely helped me to understand more. These cravings will come. And they may hit you at the most unexpected times. Just like you said today... in an AA meeting. But you are not giving in to them Faith. In my own experience that was the only way I could recover. To make sobriety my number one priority a day at a time and to not pick up that first drink no matter what.. I am 19 and a half months sober now and today I went for a roast dinner at my parents house. My brother and his wife were drinking red wine. I had to move my brothers wife's glass to get some food and it could have been water I was moving. It had no effect on me whatsoever. After dinner my brother was drinking and I thought how grateful I was to not be drinking today and I actually felt repulsed by it!!! That is a miracle for me. I couldn't even entertain the idea of eating a roast dinner without wine. If I had to drive i would hide bottles in my bag upstairs and keep going for secret swigs so nobody knew. I couldn't do anything without alcohol!

It does get easier. Thank God

🙏❤🙏❤
Old 12-08-2019, 03:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
I read a book called Alcohol Explained by William Porter. In it, William explains the intense cravings. To put it simply, the subconscious part of the brain is sending messages to the conscious part to take a drink. A bit like it would to eat something or to breathe! It thinks it needs alcohol for its survival. It really helped me to understand what was actually happening to me scientifically. The longer we abstain, the weaker and less frequent the cravings become. This also explains why we can never drink again. The brain never forgets so as soon as we put alcohol into our system it will start the process off all over again.

Knowledge itself couldnt keep me sober. I still need my HP and my meetings and my programme but it definitely helped me to understand more. These cravings will come. And they may hit you at the most unexpected times. Just like you said today... in an AA meeting. But you are not giving in to them Faith. In my own experience that was the only way I could recover. To make sobriety my number one priority a day at a time and to not pick up that first drink no matter what.. I am 19 and a half months sober now and today I went for a roast dinner at my parents house. My brother and his wife were drinking red wine. I had to move my brothers wife's glass to get some food and it could have been water I was moving. It had no effect on me whatsoever. After dinner my brother was drinking and I thought how grateful I was to not be drinking today and I actually felt repulsed by it!!! That is a miracle for me. I couldn't even entertain the idea of eating a roast dinner without wine. If I had to drive i would hide bottles in my bag upstairs and keep going for secret swigs so nobody knew. I couldn't do anything without alcohol!

It does get easier. Thank God

🙏❤🙏❤
Thank you for taking the time for your sincere thoughtful post.
Tomorrow is going to be tough- I have an interview at 10A of course
I am insecure and concealing the fact that I have not been able to maintain a solid job for a bit. I really hit it off with the hiring manager
and felt *comfortable* over the phone with her. Its part time which would be great for me at this point in my life.
I am nervous because I will depart there at 1130A (lunch time) the bars will be opening. my AV will be on fire. with excuses and reasons..Common scenerio.. Thank you for reminding me to keep going . It will get easier. Tomorrow I will go to my meeting at 1pm right after the interview. I have a plan. I will follow the 3rd step to a T
thank you again for reminding it will get better. That I have a subconscious mantra that I need to be mindful of. It will get easier
congrats on 19 months that is wonderful.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good work getting through recent cravings, and good luck for tomorrow
Old 12-09-2019, 01:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good luck today Faith.

Having a meeting planned after is a great idea.

make sure you come and post and let us know how you get on!!

Rooting for you

Xx
Old 12-09-2019, 02:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Godspeed for your job interview, Faith! Follow your plan and whenever you get nervous, recall how comfortable you felt talking to the hiring manager on the phone. You're doing great, good luck!!

#YouGotThis
Old 12-09-2019, 02:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

best of luck with the interview

D
Old 12-09-2019, 02:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well done Faith! Sometimes cravings seem impossible but we can get through them 💞

Good luck with your interview!