SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Saying hi (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/443833-saying-hi.html)

Ollyt 12-03-2019 08:19 AM

Saying hi

Hi to you all
have finally decided to seek help, after years of hopelessness. Don't want to carry on like this any longer and hoping to find new hope.
Ollie

least 12-03-2019 08:29 AM

Welcome to the family! :) You'll find lots of hope and support here. :hug:

tomls 12-03-2019 08:36 AM

Hi! You have come to the right place! I thought I was going to drink myself to death. I thought there was no way I could ever stop drinking. Then I found SR. The kind people here that welcome all seeking to fix their lives are here 24/7 and it helps us to help others. Please stay close and read and post as often as you like . Welcome and best wishes for you on your journey! Check in on the 24 hour thread every morning. I did and it helps!

Hevyn 12-03-2019 09:08 AM

Great to meet you, Ollie. I'm so glad you've reached this decision to change your life.
I found that talking things over here relieved my anxiety greatly. I had no one to talk to about my fears - everyone in my family, & friends, were all social drinkers. They didn't understand my inability to control what I drank. They didn't realize how complicated it was.
There's plenty of support and encouragement here - welcome!

gypsytears 12-03-2019 09:22 AM

Hi & welcome Ollyt :).

Ghostlight1 12-03-2019 11:22 AM

Hello and welcome, you've found a great place for support.
I hope you stick around, lots of wisdom here.
And congratulations on seeking help. I know those years of hopelessness well. You're not alone.
Best to you.

Dee74 12-03-2019 04:14 PM

I'm glad you found us Ollie - welcome :)

D

HeadEast 12-03-2019 04:40 PM

Welcome Ollie.

benitoD 12-03-2019 05:20 PM

Congratulations. You have taken the single most important step you could. And remember, you don't just get one shot at this. If you fail, dust yourself off and try again and again if you have to. I'm still early in my recovery from alcohol, but that's how it was with me and tobacco. Kept trying to quit, over and over again, probably 50 times, until one day it stuck. I haven't had a cigarette in 20 years, 2 months and 3 days :)
You got this!

Zebra1275 12-04-2019 05:00 AM

Welcome to SR!

thomas11 12-04-2019 05:54 AM

Hi and welcome Ollie, glad you found us. Nice to meet you.

PhoenixJ 12-04-2019 11:40 AM

Welcome to the SR family Ollie. I log onto SR as part of my everyday routine- even before breakfast. It has been a gamechanger for me. I joined the Class of March '16 group when I found SR, perhaps you might look into joining the Class of December '19 group- in the Newcomer's forums. I consider the people in my 'home class' to be my friends.
Support to you.