Notices

Class of December 2019 part 1

Old 12-09-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for you coder. Alcohol is truly life destroying. My half sister is dealing with this with her mother right now and is coping by trying to end up in the same place. I'm gonna try to get her to come to a meeting with me this week.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that coder
Old 12-09-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hi all. Glad to see more familiar names and new ones. I have spent the entire day thinking about things. Wonder what the percentage of that is here?

Coder- Sorry, just sorry.

JT-I've been thinking about us serial folk. I think this is the majority to begin with. I've also been thinking about how invested we get with classes. I can't remember if it was Dec. 2017 or August 2018, but we shared so much personal stuff that we even took a week to share pics of each other. About as close as a virtual friend can get. Doesn't mean it can't happen again, but I understand the reservations in letting that out again.

As far as myself, I'm going to call tomorrow day 1 as I'm pretty sure I was still drunk the first half of today. Anyway, I will pursue psych help, but in the mean time, I'm going to work on identifying when I seem to be entering into that dark mindframe. If I can do that, maybe I can do something about it. Yes Dee, after more than 2 years, I may actually be working on a plan.

Karen, where did you go? Am I being impatient? Hope not, but looking forward to hearing from you again.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:50 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Oops. Welcome Seaslug, Zura, Chaisson.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Karen is here dear Bob....she needs to get home from work. s
Just be here with us....check in tomorrow and let's do this together. xx
Old 12-09-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Venus-Hope you don't think I am ignoring you. I'm not sure about a lot of stuff, but I look at you as someone that is trying to help as much as possible, and not someone who is here looking for help. If i am wrong, I'm sorry and please accept my apologies.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:58 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Bob .....no issues here.....we are good. xx
Hope tonight is peaceful for you....what are you up to? s
Old 12-09-2019, 04:03 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Venus-Just doing a lot of thinking. Sometimes I think that I'm smart enough to solve things, and then other times I get humbled to the point of not thinking very highly of myself. Weird, huh?
Old 12-09-2019, 04:07 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Just the human condition I think love.
We go overboard one way or the other, and then we balance. s xx
Old 12-09-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Wow, great to see so much activity here.

Coder - I'm really sorry to hear about your brother. I can't imagine how tough this must be for you and your family. All the more reason to stay strong in your quit.

I think we all get the topic of being realistic about quitting, staying quit and having some expectation of relapsing. Our collective history probably shows us that's what we've done repeatedly, stats for success aren't necessarily great and, in general, not being able to control an addictive substance that has instead controlled us brings with it some sense of doubt if it can really be different this time.

For me, I needed to want sobriety far more than staying on the treadmill that kept me stuck in the same place. Whatever discomfort, cravings or questioning I have is completely secondary to avoid being miserably sick, lying, sneaking, hungover and allowing alcohol to take any more from me. I've relapsed and tried the drinking or moderation experiment too many times to have certainty of any different outcome. I know without question I can't enter the ring with alcohol again because I'll lose every single time.

Fired up to do this and know this class can kick some arse! And I'm 100% certain I can't do this alone.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:20 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Yes. And the losses add up to stuff that Coder just told us about....I am still having a hard time not crying to be honest. This is real guys.

Anyway......we know that. So let's keep going together. ❤️
Old 12-09-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Hi all. Glad to see more familiar names and new ones. I have spent the entire day thinking about things. Wonder what the percentage of that is here?

Coder- Sorry, just sorry.

JT-I've been thinking about us serial folk. I think this is the majority to begin with. I've also been thinking about how invested we get with classes. I can't remember if it was Dec. 2017 or August 2018, but we shared so much personal stuff that we even took a week to share pics of each other. About as close as a virtual friend can get. Doesn't mean it can't happen again, but I understand the reservations in letting that out again.

As far as myself, I'm going to call tomorrow day 1 as I'm pretty sure I was still drunk the first half of today. Anyway, I will pursue psych help, but in the mean time, I'm going to work on identifying when I seem to be entering into that dark mindframe. If I can do that, maybe I can do something about it. Yes Dee, after more than 2 years, I may actually be working on a plan.

Karen, where did you go? Am I being impatient? Hope not, but looking forward to hearing from you again.
It was the augustonians but I think JT wasn't with us when we shared photos, I still remember yours Bob and Karen, I was just thinking about this the other day..
Old 12-09-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

I made the 351st post here on Dec thread lol this is a magic number in my house and is just typical that it popped up in this way lol
Old 12-09-2019, 05:51 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome chaisson and Zura

D
Old 12-09-2019, 07:18 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Hanging on by a thread
Old 12-09-2019, 07:42 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Hanging on by a thread
Stay close and don't give in, it's so not worth it..
Old 12-09-2019, 07:45 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you posted simplicity. How can we help?

D
Old 12-09-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'd like to join you in getting better.

I was here a number of weeks ago but I had some stuff come up and tried to push my stress down with drinking. I'm okay, nothing very bad happened this relapse, but I feel sick and depressed about it. I don't want to be a drunk anymore.

I did finally manage to find a new place to live, much nicer than my last place. It's in the same neighbourhood which was good, just costs twice as much...meh.
Anyway, I have a lot of reading on here to do, it always helps me get motivated and focus.

Thanx, Patterson..
Old 12-09-2019, 08:17 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Kinda sick of doing my groceries at the moment, had to pick up a couple of things and there was a full on Xmas club night happening with food tastings and wine tastings, luckily now the booze tasting arent allowed out of the booze section so I can avoid it..but barely and it gets the AV going like crazy as I used to go to the supermarket on tasting days just for the booze. I might have to swap shops..
Old 12-09-2019, 08:21 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Beginning to think I'll never beat this. I let the thoughts take over again today. I can't believe this. I won't stop trying. Back to day one tomorrow. Such a loser lady. Ugh.