Notices

This is hard.

Old 12-01-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Have you heard Anna's saying. We adopted it in our March16 class.

I love you. s ❤️
That's a gift, thank you Suze!

I am going to adopt that for my new mantra.

Love you too
Old 12-01-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I don't really want to promote anyone, but there is a company making mugs and all sorts with this saying....I have a feeling you could do with the mug.

I actually want it myself. s xx
Old 12-01-2019, 10:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I don't really want to promote anyone, but there is a company making mugs and all sorts with this saying....I have a feeling you could do with the mug.

I actually want it myself. s xx
I love it. Actually, it's new diary time for next year. Maybe I can find something like this on a diary, that I can look at every day.

It's helps as a reminder that we are strong!
Old 12-01-2019, 10:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

They have journals
And stickers and lots of stuff....I shall pm the link. (kisses)
Old 12-01-2019, 10:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

They have journals
And stickers and lots of stuff....I shall pm the link. (kisses)
Awesome!! Thank you so much xxx
Old 12-01-2019, 03:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

some days it's all we can do to fall into bed at the end of the day sober Gabe - it needn't always be graceful

better times will be ahead.

D
Old 12-01-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes.....those days become successes. We did it. Ad we can again.
Life on life's terms is not always easy....but gosh it is wonderful when we get small wins. They add up. hug: xx
Old 12-02-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
some days it's all we can do to fall into bed at the end of the day sober Gabe - it needn't always be graceful

better times will be ahead.

D
Thanks D. I decided that today. If its too hard then its too hard. If all I manage is work and not drinking then that's still a win. I'm just trying to control EVERYTHING. A default setting. It's too much pressure. Xx
Old 12-02-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yes.....those days become successes. We did it. Ad we can again.
Life on life's terms is not always easy....but gosh it is wonderful when we get small wins. They add up. hug: xx
It's a perspective thing. Valueing the successes instead of always looking to the next thing that needs fixed. My head is done in and I'm just gonna stop with the pressure 💕💕
Old 12-02-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Absolutely love.....here is what I do.....especially when things are a lot and I feel useless. I look for 5 things I can feel proud of myself for today.....things like posting on SR, making our meals, washing my hair, watering my (hundreds of) plants, organising groceries for the week. They can be small things, it doesn't matter.

I get to the end of the day and even (and especially) if I have my sad face on, I say it all out loud. "I am proud of myself for....."

It can also include: I am proud of myself for another sober day. I am proud of myself for not crying at work. I am proud of myself for trying. s
Old 12-02-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Absolutely love.....here is what I do.....especially when things are a lot and I feel useless. I look for 5 things I can feel proud of myself for today.....things like posting on SR, making our meals, washing my hair, watering my (hundreds of) plants, organising groceries for the week. They can be small things, it doesn't matter.

I get to the end of the day and even (and especially) if I have my sad face on, I say it all out loud. "I am proud of myself for....."

It can also include: I am proud of myself for another sober day. I am proud of myself for not crying at work. I am proud of myself for trying. s
I going to try that Suze. The regrets are definitely outweighing the gains just now. It's a really good coping strategy. I might start writing them down. Thank you! 💕💕
Old 12-02-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

To be honest, I have similar stuff going on right now. I am disappointed in myself for a lot of reasons and well, last night did not end well and today started just as badly. And as you know I am mega-sensitive, so I fret.

I am doing my best to turn the day around, and I will make sure I give myself a pat on the back for every step today. s xx
Old 12-02-2019, 09:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Gabe! Love your thread and continued posting so much. Proud of you.

And, oh my....could I relate?! Actually, in the past few days. Confusing, too, because awash with gratitude on Thu, I also felt some of the most discontent and truly relief-seeking feelings (what I'd call "THAT feeling"). It sucked, actually! But talking myself thru it, telling my husband, knowing that we were eating Thgvg lunch out....it turned out ok.

Fear has been my "thing"- I've been "realizing it" for maybe 6 mo....and that gets in the way of everything!

You're doing great. Oh, and I will def have dessert today - at least once- because it's my wedding anniversary! Not that I need a reason on other days but just sayin'
Happy anniversary to y'awl.

We just celebrated 14 years a few weeks ago.

All the more reason for a grateful Thanksgiving.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:35 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

To be honest, I have similar stuff going on right now. I am disappointed in myself for a lot of reasons and well, last night did not end well and today started just as badly. And as you know I am mega-sensitive, so I fret.

I am doing my best to turn the day around, and I will make sure I give myself a pat on the back for every step today. s xx
Chin up Suze, we'll get through it 💕 I often think I need to be more resilient and have a thicker skin. We can only do the best we can. I think you are amazing hun. Love to you xxx