Notices

Just plain ole mad

Old 11-28-2019, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AKA ComputerMan

Angry Just plain ole mad

Day 108 for me and I still cant believe how much I still want to drink especially on the holidays!!! I wont, but I want to. This addiction is crazy. its maddening and I cant get over the urge that went away after month one and now has returned. FU alcohol! I tried to talk myself into just having one drink and I would be ok. Then my brother came over drunk and I said to myself NO! I don't want to start over. Anyway y'all have a great Thanksgiving

Old 11-28-2019, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClarkGrizwold View Post
Then my brother came over drunk and I said to myself NO! I don't want to start over.
That would do it for me too.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClarkGrizwold View Post
Day 108 for me and I still cant believe how much I still want to drink especially on the holidays!!! I wont, but I want to. This addiction is crazy. its maddening and I cant get over the urge that went away after month one and now has returned. FU alcohol! I tried to talk myself into just having one drink and I would be ok. Then my brother came over drunk and I said to myself NO! I don't want to start over. Anyway y'all have a great Thanksgiving

It is crazy and infuriating. Well done for staying sober. Just don't have the first drink and you can't get drunk. No exceptions.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

An hour since your post has gone by- If you picked up a drink over an hour ago- you would be off and running. I have read your posts, you have worked hard, honestly , courage and soul searching while obtaining your 108 days!
its ok to be mad that the feeling comes upon you. I bet you would be totally disgusted and super angry mad if you after drinking! Great job- Tomorrow you will wake up rested with another day.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The best advice I ever got to shore up my sobriety was to practice gratitude every day. It changed my attitude for the better and made me happier too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/22/o...pier.html?_r=0
Old 11-28-2019, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AKA ComputerMan

Originally Posted by faith823 View Post
An hour since your post has gone by- If you picked up a drink over an hour ago- you would be off and running. I have read your posts, you have worked hard, honestly , courage and soul searching while obtaining your 108 days!
its ok to be mad that the feeling comes upon you. I bet you would be totally disgusted and super angry mad if you after drinking! Great job- Tomorrow you will wake up rested with another day.
Thanks 😊
Old 11-28-2019, 09:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

I was worried about this as well so I made my escape plans. I went to my in-laws in my own car, at my own time. At dinner I had brought my own special bottle of Soda - to cheers with but didn't end up cracking it. I will have it for another occasion. I just had my regular bubbling flavored water. Think LaCroix. I'm drinking but I'm not "DRINKING".

It was awesome you posted your frustrations here, cause we all know that 1st drink is all it is - and it's all over and off to the races. Get some of the monkey off your shoulder by staying close to SR, good job!

Enjoy waking up sober Friday and having gotten through Thanksgiving!

Happy Gobble Gobble day!
Old 11-28-2019, 10:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done for ignoring the AV. Unfortunately it does like to pop up after lulling us into a false sense of security. Never forget if you do take that drink it will once again be relentless, every hour of everyday.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay self aware Clark - it'll save you from your addiction

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...dont-frog.html (Don't be the Frog)

D
Old 11-28-2019, 10:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Love the honesty of this post .. stay on track x