Notices

Seven months sober

Old 11-25-2019, 03:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seven months sober

But my rock bottom just keeps on giving. I'm now being evicted (Happy Christmas!) on top of being depressed, broke and unemployed.

However, my sobriety right now remains strong - that bit at least does get easier. For sure I'd be even more screwed if I was still drinking (also motivation to stay sober).

It'll get better right???
Old 11-25-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really sorry Tetrax. You are still a success on the one thing you can control and depends only on you. I am sure many other good things will come because you have the resilience, determination and clarity of mind that makes it possible
Old 11-25-2019, 06:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry you is going thru these motions. But hey at least your sober right? Magine if still boozing you would be a wreck. Have faith my friend things will work out. ✌
Old 11-25-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
For sure I'd be even more screwed if I was still drinking (also motivation to stay sober).
As consolations go, that’s a massive one. Sorry about all the other goings on, but big thumbs up for seven months.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear this, but good work on the 7.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tough times Tetrax but you are still doing amazingly well. Congratulations.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Big congrats and hugs on reaching 7 months sober! I hope your situation improves.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Wow sorry about that news! But yes. It will get better. It has to right? Just keep on staying sober. You’re doing well!
Old 11-25-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks all. Well today I got a referral to a halfway house organisation because of my abstinence so there ya go, it is good to stay sober (and I'd certainly have to in that place). Fingers crossed something comes of this.

It's just a bit much to deal with in the first year. AA's right to say don't make any major changes in this time but it's kinda hard when you're an alkie with an alkie's past. But yeah I'm tryna keep it in the day, and now I've got seven months, one day at a time...
Old 11-25-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
Thanks all. Well today I got a referral to a halfway house organisation because of my abstinence so there ya go, it is good to stay sober (and I'd certainly have to in that place). Fingers crossed something comes of this.

It's just a bit much to deal with in the first year. AA's right to say don't make any major changes in this time but it's kinda hard when you're an alkie with an alkie's past. But yeah I'm tryna keep it in the day, and now I've got seven months, one day at a time...
Fingers crossed for you. It is a lot to deal with. It must be really stressful in the best circumstances. I admire your strength and commitment to sobriety.
I hope you find accommodation very soon and thins start looking much brighter around you. For the time being you must draw upon the light that you are building inside yourself.
Good luck
Old 11-25-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're being evicted this time of year - pretty poor timing on you landlords part - but you will work something out. We always do

As long as you have your recovery things can always turn around the better man

D
Old 11-25-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations remaining sober, especially with all that is going on. You are to be commended. Nice job.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
AA Member

yes it gets better!

Old 11-27-2019, 02:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Tetrax, I am so proud of you! I remember when you first joined us - you have come and are continuing to go in the right direction. And, yes, to your question- it absolutely gets better.

To me, one huge thing "better" has meant is that things get clearer. I think we all have messes of various kinds to clean up when we quit. Living and jobs usually high on the list - mine included medical and hospital debt too, as part of the big three. But staying sober every day- and as AA says, doing the next right (literal) thing is the very best option.

You are right- none of the GOOD things like the place to stay- would be possible if you weren't sober. It has been hard for me to see where each "piece" in my sober life was headed or would fall into place, but I have had to keep going to find out. And there is always a solution. Not one I might like but there is one. Humility took me to my first job at a fast food place. Learning responsibility got me to pay $10/mo arranged with each medical bill. So on.

Very glad you are here, I'd say go to more meetings and add even more interaction with sober friends, and stay sober.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Please let us know when you get your interview/meeting, whatever with the housing organisation and how it goes.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You are the man. Showing the kind of perseverance and strength in the face of obstacles to sobriety is pretty awesome. Huge congrats. It only gets better.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Tetrax

D
Old 11-29-2019, 07:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on 7 months Tetrax, pleased you got a place in a halfway house. One for in front of the other and you’ll get there. all the best.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Tetrax! It will get better.