Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I thought I could control it iv just lost the plot Again I can’t cope please help me

Notices

I thought I could control it iv just lost the plot Again I can’t cope please help me

Old 11-24-2019, 02:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi eve. I'm sorry you had this painful experience. I did it too - but it served to make me even more determined. I experimented with controlled drinking - I failed horribly and ended up worse off than ever. After my last time trying to moderate I was ready to regain my sobriety and begin a new life. I was finally convinced that alcohol could never be part of it. Sometimes it takes us a few tries. You came back - you are ready to get free of it and get healthy - we know you can!
Old 11-24-2019, 03:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This misery will end when you make it end. Not easy, but simple. It's up to you. Do you want to be sober more than you want to drink?
Old 11-25-2019, 01:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Just had soooo many day ones it’s shocking thinking back over the years. Feel angry today with myself and foolish.yes I do want to be sober more than drunk iv had as much as I can I’m done your right least no place for that awful stuff in my life it’s caused me nothing but hurt
Old 11-25-2019, 01:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Alcoholism sucks- big time
You however- do not. You are valued and you are not alone.
My support and prayers to you.
As Dee said- It does get better. I think of my recovery in terms of investing the same ampunt of time daily to recovery- as I used to in the whole ritual of drinking (the space, getting the booze, hiding it, rubbish- the next day...).