Notices

Trying not to just hate everything

Old 11-26-2019, 11:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can sort it out man. I know I have to speak to few people before someone gets how ridiculous the red tape is and then actually do something about it.

D
Old 11-26-2019, 11:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry you're going through tough times getright. Often when applying for jobs it is weight of numbers that brings success, it's like you have to send your resume to all the places that are going to reject you for one reason or another before finding the place where for whatever reason things click and you are working again. So just keep sending those resumes off and make sure you tap out a
complaint about the agency that did not send off your paperwork. Situations like yours sap the spirit, it is hard to stay positive but if you set yourself a goal of sending a certain number of resumes out every day you will gain the satisfaction of knowing you have met your side of the bargain each day.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yea, I actually already do that. I looked how many jobs I've applied to on Indeed and its over 300. LOL...spirit has been sapped alright. I do thank you for trying to encourage cause right now the positive level is at an E for empty these days. I do really try to stay up though as I don't want to bring the people around me down, but they can see it and feel it no matter how hard I try.

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Sorry you're going through tough times getright. Often when applying for jobs it is weight of numbers that brings success, it's like you have to send your resume to all the places that are going to reject you for one reason or another before finding the place where for whatever reason things click and you are working again. So just keep sending those resumes off and make sure you tap out a
complaint about the agency that did not send off your paperwork. Situations like yours sap the spirit, it is hard to stay positive but if you set yourself a goal of sending a certain number of resumes out every day you will gain the satisfaction of knowing you have met your side of the bargain each day.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You're a fighter getright, you will beat this.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
nez

Yea, I actually already do that. I looked how many jobs I've applied to on Indeed and its over 300
This was my story about 2 years back. All I can say is that maybe 301 will be the magic number. A lot of times when you send an application through indeed it is originally screened by computers at the receiving company due to the large number of applications received. The computers are looking for certain keywords in their process of narrowing down the number of applications. Do a google search for resume buzzwords and work them into your applications.

Just keep moving forward and remember that what you are looking for, is looking for you at the same time. It will happen with action.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know the pain of looking for a job. Since August I've sent out hundreds of resumes, had 8 sit down interviews and zero job offers. I'm nearing 50 and haven't look for a job since I was 35 when I landed the exact job I wanted on the first resume I sent.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

as this is the "holiday shopping season" many places have short term openings. maybe warehouse or other less "public faced" positions? i'm not sure what is in your background and thus how prohibitive those things might be to a potential employer.

Indeed is a fine job seeking service, but you may need to expand beyond that? not EVERY employer lists on Indeed. you may need to go more local, craigslist, little nickel ads - more blue collar, in the trades, non-standard 9-5 shifts. smaller temp agencies might not be so restrictive.

it is also suggested, if you have not already done so, to get a copy OF your background report. make sure there are no errors, and get a good look at what a potential employer will see. while delicate territory to tread, some of this can be "addressed" in your resume without using actual words like "trying to restore my life after an XXX conviction" or the like.

it's also ok to take a day off now and then from the job seeking. not too many of course, but having rest time/down time can allow the "problem solver" in your mind to get some work done without feeling forced to figure it all out NOW.