Notices

253 Days

Old 11-21-2019, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

253 Days

Hey everyone,

I haven't checked in for quite some time but am awake at 3am and thought 'why not?'

AV has reared his ugly head a lot recently. So annoying how you can get a good chunk of time under your belt and it STILL pops up every so often.

Going to a wedding Saturday and was worried. I spoke to my friend today and apparently they aren't having alcohol as the groom is Muslim. It really cheered me up and I'm really looking forward to it now

Also, just a question floating about in my head:

Q: "When would you say you're no longer a newcomer to sobriety?"

A: Personally, I think I'll always consider myself a newcomer.

Gray x
Old 11-21-2019, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 253 days, newcomer!
Old 11-21-2019, 08:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy the wedding gray - and congrats on your milestone

why do you think the AV is so active? whats your recovery programme look like?

D
Old 11-26-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't really know why the AV is so active. I have been riddled with self doubt recently - even though work is going well and I've been doing things alone (one of my 'personal goals'). It just pops up at the most random moments and I'm not sure of anything specific triggers it.

As for the wedding, it turned out that the venue we were eating at wasn't serving alcohol but the venue for the evening reception was. I went and didn't cave - intact, I actually was put off by everyone drinking - people get so sloppy and start slurring!

Day 258 now.

Gray
Old 11-26-2019, 05:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to hear you're still with us GrayJ. The first year sure is tough. But we don't listen to the AV 'cause we've come this far and there must be a damn good reason we're doing this to ourselves...
Old 11-26-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love the shock I get out of people that haven't seen me in a while and know what a drunken idiot I am.

Like really I haven't even had one drink, I seriously quit drinking. They probably thought they would see pigs fly before seeing me sober at a wedding reception!

Just getting the invitation in the mail use to rattle my nerves and make me drink! That's how I use to react to social situations.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RecklessDrunk View Post
I love the shock I get out of people that haven't seen me in a while and know what a drunken idiot I am.

Like really I haven't even had one drink, I seriously quit drinking. They probably thought they would see pigs fly before seeing me sober at a wedding reception!

Just getting the invitation in the mail use to rattle my nerves and make me drink! That's how I use to react to social situations.
I definitely relate to the "rattle my nerves" thing you mentioned. My place of work has a Christmas meal each year and you have to your put your name down if you're interested in going. I've decided against it. Mainly because I know through chatting to many of them that they "like a drink" and also, there are bound to be a lot of people going - just don't think it would be good to be in that situation. I would worry I might cave.