Notices

Spoil Yourself Weekend - Weekenders 22 - 25 November 2019

Old 11-22-2019, 08:05 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the welcome back messages
It’s good to be back, and I feel more dedicated deep down to sobriety this time. I think I wasn’t really honest with myself before, there was a sneaky deep part of me that still wanted to drink. Almost like a splinter of the AV was embedded really deep down and festering away. Now I’m working on exposing, extracting and eradicating it.

Yes the beach is beautiful here, I’d almost forgotten just how beautiful lately.
Dragon I wish you could come for a walk on the beach too. I hope you’re doing ok.

It’s Saturday afternoon here and once it cools off a little in a couple of hours or so, I’m going for another beach walk.

I’m up to 10 days alcohol free and feeling good today
Old 11-22-2019, 09:33 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Magsie

Welcome bobdrop, no special rules, if you’re struggling shout out, don’t be shy. as MLD says, we talk about anything but we get serious when needed.

Dragon, that’s good news for you and Mrs. D. All the best.

Willow, it’s good to see you so positive. I’d love to come and walk on your beach with you too. I love to hear the waves lapping on the shore, I don’t know why but it sounds so relaxing.

Had a walk around Normanby Park yesterday, it looked slightly ravaged from the weather sadly but the peacocks and ducks were eager to greet me, for food of course! The Jackdaw is such a clever bird but very wary. I was hoping the peacock would display her feathers, but sadly not today.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Mags, beautiful, thanks so much for sharing. Love you, Aly xxxxooo
Old 11-22-2019, 10:19 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

morning all. I'm up far too early for a weekend, but I'm on-call this weekend & I have some work to do at 06:30 it's [itch dark outside too.

Salut Vinny l'Ourson. how is rehab going? hope you're getting what you need from it. I have been reading the Pooh books in French recently as part of my teach-myself-French project.

hope everyone is doing well. stay close if you're in the early days.

how are you doing Tatsy? haven't seen you around for a few days
Old 11-22-2019, 10:29 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, or evening depending where you are.

Nice to see you Vinny, hope the rehab is going well. I will be fascinated to hear about it one day in the future. Understandable if you decide not to share. It must be quite a journey as they say.

Welcome Bobdop, nice to have you here.

Forwards sorry to hear about the family health scare, glad you are able to be of support.

Good luck at the counselling Dragon.

Nice birds Mags. I have never seen a white peacock IRL I don't think. Always good to get out for a walk.

Willow please book me in for a walk on that beach as well.

Bim trolleys full of alcohol always get my attention. They still have some allure to me somehow. Mixed feelings of longing and hate. I want, I don't. Still I gave up smoking in 2007 and still want a cigarette, my addictive brain never gives up hope.

Matilda was a little star at the vet yesterday, the vet did mutter how much better behaved than Aflie she is on his visits. He always needs sedation. I will get her results on Monday. Must admit I was a bit shocked at how much it cost. Never mind, who needs food .

Saw my Dad yesterday as well. He has lost so much weight but still refusing to see a Dr or let me help him. Not much else I can say.

Matilda & Alfie a few years ago. My family.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:41 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Magsie

They’re gorgeous, Kaily. ❤️
Old 11-23-2019, 02:05 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

What beautiful little dogs Kaily, they’re adorable ❤️

Beautiful birds too Mags, what a lovely place, thanks for sharing

You’re all welcome to come beach walking with me
I walked for an hour again today, my legs are feeling it today from walking in sand 2 days in a row, after not much exercise for a while. But it feels good

It’s Saturday night here and I’m off to bed with a book
Goodnight everyone.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:13 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Morning all. Feeling much better this morning between the ears. Have a lot of work to do around the house. Will be a little easier since the Gators don't play today.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:11 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Morning and welcome to weekenders Bobdrop

Love the photo's everyone, keep them coming Love the tree pic Mags, would be a lovely subject for sketching/painting.

Old 11-23-2019, 05:10 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Great pics Mags, I can see a grouse in the 4th one.

Matilda and Alfie are very photogenic.

I have been Xmas shopping this morning - it seems very quiet out considering it is a Saturday in late November .
Old 11-23-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning Weekenders - checking in. Rainy day here in North Georgia but we do need to rain. I'm getting a massage today as will be last of a membership I had for quite some time but can no longer afford regularly. Ah well - I will just have to be more creative about how to take care of my stress. I'll most likely have a quiet day at home - catching up on some work, watching football, reading, napping, and hopefully will think of something yummy for dinner.

Loved reading all the posts
Old 11-23-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning check-in. Feeling positive this morning. It's about 1/4 to 8am here. Jumping in the shower then coffee.

Love the pictures. I really should make an effort to do some around Winnipeg shots. Cute pups!
Old 11-23-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good evening all

I just love that pic of Billie Least. Absolutely gorgeous . She looks so posh in her coat.
your 2 puppers are cute too Kaily
I just adore doggy pics..

I'll get dear Mags to put one up of my new Chihuahua Poppy for me. Ta mags Xxxx:-)
Old 11-23-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Magsie

Snoozy, your gorgeous little girl. xx

Old 11-23-2019, 09:13 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou is it the pheasant you can see near the ducks?

Dragon be nice to see some Winnipeg shots when you get chance.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:10 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
saoutchik

She's a smart looking chihuahua!

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Saou is it the pheasant you can see near the ducks?
Oh yeah, it is a pheasant. You'd think I would know the difference given my avatar and the fact that I used to drink Famous Grouse whiskey by the gallon but I'm a terrible townie underneath.

My increased bid on a Jensen failed hopelessly - the selling price was twice what I bid. I don't think I will ever own one now.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:35 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Oh she is a very pretty girl Snoozy.

I did wonder Sao if you thinking the pic was a Grouse had something to do with the Famous Grouse connection.
Sorry you didn't get your car but never give up hope.

I nearly drank today. I keep getting closer and wanting it more. I actually perused
the alcohol aisle earlier while dealing with an inner battle. I was kinda daring myself to buy it. I feel like I am destined to fail.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Stick with us Kaily, don't go near the stuff, you only tempting fate. Like walking the edge of cliff, a gust of wind is all it takes to end up falling off.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:57 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I get the impression Mrs D. thought counseling was were we can air each others faults. I got sucked in a bit too, but we were quickly corrected and given a talk on respectful communication, not who did what. We have some homework, reading and a discussion, then two sessions on listening and talking. After that who knows. I so wanted to talk about my sobriety journey but held off for fear it might bring up blame. I was pretty switched off to everything when I was drinking and it's a big part of the reason why we have the relationship dynamic that we do.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:02 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks Dragon. Been up since 5am and not spoken a word to anyone, and so many worries going around in my head. Getting really depressed I think or maybe I should say more depressed.