Notices

Spoil Yourself Weekend - Weekenders 22 - 25 November 2019

Old 11-22-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hello weekenders - checking in here for another sober one. I hope everyone is doing well. Good to see you Willow. Welcome to all newcomers.

I'm making steady progress this week though am feeling a bit lost today. My work output is down, my sugar consumption is up and the AV is being a bit of a nuisance (like yours by the sound of it Dragon...), all warning signs but manageable.

We have had a bit of a health scare in the family over the last few days. When these things happen it puts everything else into perspective. I'm just grateful to be sober to be able to offer support where I can.

Anyway, warm wishes to all. Forwards.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Mr

Bonny bonjour sobriety aficionados 😁

It's great to hear from you Willow. We missed you and were a little worried about you so it's just good to know you are back in every way.

Hope the av stops nagging for you guys who can associate.

Likewise Monsieur Sao I used to have quite a few stock back up shops. How nobbo of me having different outlets but not bothered by queuing up at the checkout with 12 cans and a bottle of scotch on a weekday morning. Addiction eh...

I think I better stop naming people as this is going to get too complicated 🤔
But a big hug to all the weekenders friends.

I do just want to say my regular "Thanks Mags" and we are spoiled with the quality of the OP's every week.

I have been following your antics in incognito mode a little but wanted to commit to my task at hand which is going well.

So anyway to conclude a nice little story from when I first lived in France (1998)
France98 might ring some bells with the footy folk.
Anyways all my life I have been called vinny instead of vincent. Mrs vman and her friends were used to calling me that. However for the rest of her family the word vinny was causing problems and non voluntarily became winnie so for a while I was winnie l'ourson (you can guess)

Take care,
Winnie
Old 11-22-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
saoutchik

TGIF! I'm done for the week.

Good to see you Winnie l'ourson! Give my regards to Jean-Christophe.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you Winnie l'ourson, aka Vinnie.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hoping MesaMan and absent friends are doing ok.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:55 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi, Winnie l'ourson!

Are you home?

I've seen Mesa posting elsewhere in the forums. Same with SnazzyDresser.

I have people working on my roof. Again. Always.

Hi, Midnight, I see you there!
Old 11-22-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sao, I just did an online jigsaw puzzle that was an image of Convent Garden Station, not too far from you...I was surprised to see so many bicycle rickshaw type things. Of course I have no idea when the picture was taken, but I did see a guy looking at his iPhone so it had to be fairly recent.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Bim, pleased they’re ok.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Nice to see you Winnie!

This is charming:

Edited to add: My French is just good enough that I understood most of it.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:12 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi Mags (and all weekenders) - thanks for this lovely topic. I shall plan a pampering event, bearing in mind the absence of a local beach and the presence of totally rubbish weather!

That really is a great photo, Willow.

I am home alone right now. That would have meant only one thing back in the day. And it wouldn't bother me much what anyone thought of my alcohol purchases, although I must have minded a bit since I sometimes wove a chatty story to the off licence bloke about why I was 'having' to buy bottles of sparkling wine and plain wine! Night after night. How much do I not miss that. (Although I have to admit I found your fuel comment quite funny, Kaily!).

So to those of you who are being harassed and badgered by the AV, I say fight the good fight. Just not worth it. I realise I'm not telling anyone anything they don't know!
Old 11-22-2019, 12:45 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders-This is my first time dipping into this thread. Any special rules? On day 4 and the AV seems to be coming back at me a little quicker this time. No time for slouching or pampering this weekend as we have to get the house ready for visitors for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:30 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Welcome, bobdrop!I don't think there are any special rules here - it's just a place to hang out and chat about whatever! You'll find the topics here are generally on the lighter side, but when someone drops in and and asks for help or is struggling, we can get serious in a hurry. There's usually someone around, since we have folks from all over the globe.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'll be happy if I can have some good dog-walking weather this weekend. Nothing satisfies me like a good walk with Billie.

I had to unsnap the hood cause she didn't like it obscuring her vision.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Too cute Least!

Hello Weekenders!

Ready for another wonderful sober weekend, count me in! ☼
Old 11-22-2019, 03:10 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

So good to see you here Bob! I was worried about you. I hope you're hanging in there. The AV can be a monster.
I have to work tomorrow, but I'm still glad it's Friday. I had drinking thoughts again this afternoon. But, I got home just fine with my strawberry soda.
Hugs to all and have a happy weekend!
Old 11-22-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I’m in, day 11. It’s Friday night at the gym again. I’m so exhausted but a short workout won’t hurt. I hope things get better, it’s been one expensive problem after another for about a month now. My luck will hopefully turn around soon 🤞🏼
Old 11-22-2019, 04:06 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back Bob. Welcome to the thread.
Adding new things to your 'recovery toolbox' is always a good idea.

This is a great support thread - no special rules

D
Old 11-22-2019, 04:51 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekendersbobdrop and congratulations on 4 days!

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I was surprised to see so many bicycle rickshaw type things. Of course I have no idea when the picture was taken, but I did see a guy looking at his iPhone so it had to be fairly recent.
Yeah, I am normally supportive of all things green but they do have a bad reputation for ripping off tourists. I have not used one myself so I may be doing them a disservice but the weight if evidence is against them.

No Crazy Golf now as it is the Xmas party season, we went to a south Indian Restaurant. It was a good evening and the food was superb as always. Good value by London standards too - better still when you're a non drinker. I couldn't avoid other folks drinks in the pic though.

For the second time on the thread I am posting a track by a woman with an impressive line in hats. It was for some royal thing or other and in front of the least rock and roll/ festival audience EVER.

Heeeeeere's Grace...
https://youtu.be/vSa5EvWqB7g
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20191123_003137.jpg (38.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 11-22-2019, 05:07 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for welcoming me
Old 11-22-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Never heard Winnie the pooh in french before. I also had a hard time dancing to that tune Sao. ;^>

Another sober week in the bag. Our first counseling session is tomorrow (Me and Mrs. D) then Ukulele class. Sunday is the Canadian Football League Grey Cup championship game. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are the western division champs and will bring the cup home. 1990 was the last time they won, so we are due. I don't follow the CFL closely, but my dad is fan and will be over to watch it.