Notices

Because I'm worth it

Old 11-19-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Because I'm worth it

I need my own thread. A place where I can share my thoughts, rant, cry, complain or cheer. An accountability thread, if you will. Or a thread where I can share the things I do to make my life better, the things that bring life to my life.

Sometimes I like to call myself a writer. I write fiction, for adults and for kids. Right now I alternate between two manuscripts, one sci-fi novel for kids, and a psychological thriller for adults. The latter is set on the coast of Northern Norway, with aspects from Norwegian folklore and superstition, such as Draugen.

I read a lot, but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. It's more like research now, and reading a book analytically really destroys it. Knitting is another hobby of mine, and I love gardening and cooking. I have a cat, Lucy, one of the strangest creatures I've ever met, and in a few months I'll be a mother of three teenagers. With my partner's daughter we'll have four teenagers between us, never a dull moment.

I hope you'll stop by and say hi from time to time.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A cold and snowy morning here today. Lucy the cat and I have enjoyed a nice breakfast, and now we're watching TV. I'm knitting, she's got her eye on the ball of yarn, ready to attack. I've got only a couple of hours of work today, so I'm making oven roast chicken with 40 cloves of garlic for dinner. Can't wait!

Have a great day, you wonderful SR-people!
Old 11-20-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Falling Leaves
a personal thread is a great idea.

I moved it from Daily Support tho cos that forum is generally for continuing threads

D
Old 11-20-2019, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves View Post
I'm making oven roast chicken with 40 cloves of garlic for dinner. Can't wait!
Ohhh that sounds good!!
Old 11-20-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That sounds so cozy! Thanks for sharing with us. I love feeling cozy. I am really struggling this week. Your post made me happy.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Roast chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. I bet your house smelled amazing.

Lucy the cat- great name. I loved my cat whom passed last April

I miss him every day. He really enhanced my life.

Hope you are having a good day
Old 11-20-2019, 05:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hi FL, just dropping in. i knit every day, and find it very relaxing while providing a “product” at the finish.
in fact, i am going to a knitting drop-in in about 30 minutes, at my local yarn store.

carry on
Old 11-20-2019, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Isn't it usually cold & snowy in Norway? I'm picturing it that way. Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic...I'm liking your thread already!
Old 11-20-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a good idea to have a thread of your own. Your dinner sounds delicious.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow, people have answered!

Dee, thanks for moving the thread, good to see you here.

HeadEast, it was delicious! And the best part was that I made way too much, and I'm having leftovers for lunch.

Lisalily, I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling. Thanks for reaching out. Wanna talk about it?

faith823, so sorry to hear about your cat. They are wonderful creatures. I have fostered countless cats and three of them have stayed forever, but when I divorced my husband I lost custody of two of them. Luckily he's my next door neighbor, so I can see them whenever I want.

fini, knitting is so relaxing, and I love making presents for my family. Right now I'm knitting this one in white for my stepdaughter.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...74416211361891

gypsytears, 50 years ago our winters used to be cold and snowy, but now the weather is really unpredictable. Tomorrow we're supposed to get rain and temperatures around 7 degrees Celcius, and the snow will turn into ice...

Anna, thanks for stopping by. It's nice to have a place of my own.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

In a good mood today. Happy to be alive, happy to be in love, happy to be the mother my kids need.

Thinking of doing some writing later. My protagonist is convinced that she is possessed by Draugen and I have to put her in some pretty scary situations. I love the setting I have chosen for this book, with nasty weather, dramatic scenery and a long, dark winter.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the day was good FL

D
Old 11-21-2019, 03:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Your book sounds really interesting.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nice thread FallingLeaves. I look forward to getting to know you better on this journey.

Warm wishes
Lucinda
Old 11-21-2019, 07:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

oh, great sweater!
i am not ambitious enough to knit cables. i do a lot of socks, and smaller, portable projects.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Popping in to let you know that I am thinking of your FallingLeaves. I hope you and the brood are well. Dear Lucy too.
Old 11-29-2019, 04:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks for stopping by, Lucinda. It warms my heart. <3

It's Black Friday, and I'm boycotting the whole thing. Twenty years ago, Mother's and Father's Day were days where mom or dad got a homemade card and maybe a piece of cake, and Valentine's day and Halloween were strange, American traditions. Now, there are so many "special shopping days" that are making their way into the Norwegian society, and I have to admit that I hate them all. Cyber Monday, Single's Day and Black Friday, with some stores even doing Black Week and Black November. We have so much already, why do we need more? Why would people line up for hours just to get a new cell phone, when the old one works just fine? Why the need for the newest, coolest, most expensive technology?

No, I'm staying here today, on my couch, grading English texts. The only thing I'll be buying today is some cabbage and green apples, I'm making pulled pork with homemade coleslaw for dinner. Tomorrow, we'll be making ginger bread men, Christmas is not far away.

Hope you have a wonderful Friday!
Old 11-30-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just saying hello. No profound pearls of wisdom from me today.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi PJ, so nice to see you here!

It's snowing outside and I'm sitting under a blanket with a fire going, watching biathlon and grading papers. Have just driven my stepdaughter to the airport, she's going home. In a couple of hours I have to do the same drive again, this time with my partner. One whole week without her, that's going to be tough. Thankfully I have my kids here this week.

How are you this first day of December?
Old 12-01-2019, 02:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy the week with your kids FL

D