SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Accountability (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/443525-accountability.html)

Tinkerbeau 11-18-2019 09:54 AM

Accountability

I hope no one minds if i keep a accountability thread, today is day one and probably the worst day of my life. I can't sleep im aching and shaking and have a shooting pain in my head. Why has this happened to me I should of been stronger. I am devastated and scared

Hevyn 11-18-2019 10:05 AM

Tinker, I assure you I've done the same thing to myself - as many of us have. You're back now, and ready to reclaim your life. You will get free again and begin to heal. These miserable feelings will go away & become a faded memory as you lead a new & better life.

It's going to be ok.

Tinkerbeau 11-18-2019 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Hevyn (Post 7312979)
Tinker, I assure you I've done the same thing to myself - as many of us have. You're back now, and ready to reclaim your life. You will get free again and begin to heal. These miserable feelings will go away & become a faded memory as you lead a new & better life.

It's going to be ok.

Thank you for your kind words

Anna 11-18-2019 10:26 AM

Tinker, we do this to ourselves because we're addicts. You're here and you're seeking support, and that is showing your strength. The first few days are definitely tough, between feeling physically unwell and the mental torture that we bring to ourselves. But, it will get better. We can do hard things. :)

gypsytears 11-18-2019 10:28 AM

Hi Tinkerbeau. I think an accountability thread is a great idea. It’s nice to have a space to check in, get feedback or vent if necessary. I’m sorry you’re feeling the withdrawal symptoms of the first day or few but hey! You’re feeling your last first day. Hang in there. It gets easier.

Gabe1980 11-18-2019 10:33 AM

Love and support to you TinkerB. I hope things start to get a bit easier for you 💕💕

doggonecarl 11-18-2019 10:53 AM

In addition to Sober Recovery, I would encourage you to seek accountability in the form of face-to-face support, be it a substance abuse program, AA, rehab, counseling, therapy. Something in addition to just posting here. Something that's going to help you cope with life without alcohol.

SoberRican 11-18-2019 11:11 AM

Glad you came here for support. No worries fam. Lets get you back on track my friend. Hydrate eat broth crackers light stuff. Rest. Cause guess what you got work to do. ✌

Tinkerbeau 11-18-2019 11:26 AM

Thank you for all you kind words. I do go to counselling and i will look into aa as i do need some extra help, and I've not been managing on my own

DontRemember 11-18-2019 12:34 PM

F2F was crucial for my recovery. Well that and being completely honest with those who I met with F2F.

Delilah1 11-18-2019 12:48 PM

Welcome back Tink! It’s great to see you posting. I think an accountability thread is a great idea.

faith823 11-18-2019 12:54 PM

Hi Tinker,
You are not alone. Glad you have reached out for help. Please post often and do not ever give up on yourself. It sounds like you have acknowledged a problem and there is a solution in recovery. I am currently attending AA meetings and their is a wealth of support and inspiration that is just awesome. I receive the motivation and hope that I am able to stay sober for 24hours one day at a time.

Bonniefloyd 11-18-2019 03:13 PM

You can do this, tink. ❤️

HeadEast 11-18-2019 05:56 PM

Don't beat yourself up for not being stronger. Withdrawals simply suck. It will get better.

Tinkerbeau 11-18-2019 11:57 PM

Hi everyone its morning of day 2 and I still feel dreadful, the night was so bad again i had very little sleep and want i did get was scary almost hallucinations and keep hearing things that weren't there. I hate myself for what I've done

Sweetichick2 11-19-2019 12:11 AM

I’m on day two and felt a little better by the afternoon. I too slept dreadfully and have been up all day filled with anxiety. I’m going for a rest now even though it’s teatime. Best of luck to and don’t give up.

Tinkerbeau 11-19-2019 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetichick2 (Post 7313426)
I’m on day two and felt a little better by the afternoon. I too slept dreadfully and have been up all day filled with anxiety. I’m going for a rest now even though it’s teatime. Best of luck to and don’t give up.

Thanks sweeti hope you feel better soon too

PhoenixJ 11-19-2019 01:14 AM

Tink maybe see a GP....to be safe. Well done on starting the thread.

Tinkerbeau 11-19-2019 07:12 AM

Thanks Phoenix i feel bit better now and more calmer. Got to go into work tomorrow with after my bosses seeing me in state i was will be horrendous im just praying i dont get sacked and have opportunity to put all this right. But one thing i know for sure is i will be going to sleep sober

Tinkerbeau 11-19-2019 11:33 PM

Day 3 today still didn't sleep well odd dreams and sensations and sweats, vile that we would do this to ourselves. Got myself ready for work though and off to face the music and shame