Notices

Here we go

Old 11-19-2019, 08:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itispossible View Post
Thank you guys for checking in on me, you all are amazing! Still staying sober and it's honestly getting easier each day. A bit of a fear with holidays coming up but just taking it one day at a time now. Trying not to get too far ahead of myself.
The majority of people at work today both in field and office were discussing thanksgiving plans, and the vast majority it was a 4 day binge weekend to simply drink. They've planned one week advance to simply be drunk for 4 days.

I plan on 4 days of rest, family, good food and feeling fresh and sober December 2 while the vast majority waste and be unproductive the entire week. Even tomorrow some guys will be scheming to leave early Friday just to get a head start on drinking. Thankfully, I'm free from that mindset now.

Keep up the fight, don't worry about the holidays you have control over them.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joe801 View Post
The majority of people at work today both in field and office were discussing thanksgiving plans, and the vast majority it was a 4 day binge weekend to simply drink.
I found that not drinking on those "special" drinking holidays was tremendously empowering. I planned ahead and worked it out before hand. But I admit the credit goes to my AA group which planned a lavish New Year's Eve party each year. It was wonderful, and I felt like I was now in control, conquering tradition, addiction, and wasting my time by getting drunk.

If you have some alcoholic friends in recovery, you can make plans with them to get together.