Notices

Newbie to Rehab tomorrow

Old 11-14-2019, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie to Rehab tomorrow

Starting Rehab tomorrow. I'm really scarred. I've never been. I have a fairly respectable job and unfortunately have become addicted to Rx pain killers and life has been killers and my life has been spiraling since.

Seems like I'm going to be there a month. Whats it like? Besides not getting your "fix," once people are sufficiently detoxed, do people enjoy it? Good community? I'm just really scarred about failing.

Thanks to everyone's input, just a newbie here. Congrats to all the sober folks kicking ass at life -- you guys are my heroes.

~N
Old 11-14-2019, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
I have no experience with rehab, but just wanted to welcome you to the group.
I'm sure someone will be along who can help, so stick around. Post all you want.
Make yourself at home.
Best to you.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have been to rehab and legitimately loved it! I would move in if I could (joking, sort of...) It is a great place to re-set your life. You are taken care of, fed, get psychological help and make friends. Go in with a positive attitude. Congratulations to you for taking this step.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience to share nrs - but I wanted to welcome you to SR.

The majority of the posts I read here from those who have been say its a positive even life changing experience.

D
Old 11-15-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, nrs--Congratulations on going to rehab--it takes a lot of strength to surrender. I have been to inpatient twice and it was extremely helpful, just to get away from all distractions and have a place to concentrate on recovery in a safe setting. The key for me was to keep an open mind, and to listen and absorb everything--I feel I learned the most by interaction with my peers. Throw yourself into this situation wholeheartedly and you will be rewarded. I will have four years of sobriety next month and I credit a lot of this to lessons learned during my last stay--that and the wonderful people here at SR. I wish you all the best as you embark on this wonderful, life-changing experience. I will be thinking of you.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done nrs. Support to you.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its the perfect start to practice the "one day at a time" type of thinking. For me overall it was a good experience, and you will be in a safe place physically and mentally to start your journey to recovery.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have no experience, but many folks I know are thankful that they went. Welcome to SR! Let us know about your rehab experience when you are able.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
I have no experience, but many folks I know are thankful that they went. Welcome to SR! Let us know about your rehab experience when you are able.
Yes, please let us know!
Old 11-15-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to meet you, nrs.
As the others mentioned, I hope you'll return to us and let us know how you are.
This is a great place for encouragement. Congratulations for making the decision to change your life.