Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Auto Pilot for the (AV)Addictive Voice - Weekenders 15 - 18 November 2019

Notices

Auto Pilot for the (AV)Addictive Voice - Weekenders 15 - 18 November 2019

Old 11-14-2019, 05:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I’m in..... this weekend will not unravel my hard work. Last weekend did, I knew the bender was coming. I chose not to come in here and get help, I wish I had. I made a solid decision to spend my birthday sober. I can’t remember the last birthday I was sober. I did beat my 8 year record with 97 days. New record, sober birthday. Thanks for being here, I really need you great people in my life.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can do this Mariposa

D
Old 11-14-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Magsie

Marty, cottage pie, yaay, a great staple food for winter.

Hi Mariposa, I agree, you can do this!
Old 11-14-2019, 06:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I'm in.

Having a very annoying day at work. My boss is driving me nuts - she's being very scattered today and I don't know what she's even talking about. She starts talking to me when she's halfway through a thought in her head so I have to ask her what she's even talking about half the time. It's like a series of non-sequiturs. She always tends toward that, but I'm starting to wonder if a bit of dementia is setting in. It's gotten worse. She retires in a year or two.
My old boss is back on a contract. He talks to people like they've already heard his thoughts. It takes a little unraveling sometimes to figure out what he on about.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Dragon, I hope it all works out.
Thanks, I'm sure it will. We signed up for some therapy today to hopefully get us communicating in more meaningful ways.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

These weekends come far too fast. I haven't completed everything from Monday!
Old 11-14-2019, 07:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

I’ve been lost for about 18 months. Getting back into the right place
Old 11-14-2019, 07:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back ShihTzupuppy

D
Old 11-14-2019, 09:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Hi Shitzhupuppy, welcome back

Vinny, hope all is going well.

Seems to be dark a lot nowadays, I can’t see any stars above.

Friday has come round quick, I’m on for another sober weekend.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

I'm in ta Mags x

I'm glad you are back Shitz. Actually I might call you Pup!! lol. It's a cute name and us Aussies are known for abreviating every single name , or if it's a short name, we lengthen it
stay close to us and keep posting sweetheart. We WILL help you get past the bad stuff xx

I just read cottage pie, now I feel hungry. I bought some tuna today, might make a tuna Monday . If I get the urge !

Went op shopping today and got a few bargains. I just LOVE op shopping xx

xx
Old 11-14-2019, 11:46 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders SoberRican, HeadEast and Shitzupuppy!

Grey, wet and horrible in London this morning.

Welcome back mariposa, I agree with what other have said up thread, you can do this. 97 days is excellent, you just need a few small adjustments to your mindset and you'll get there.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Mariposa ....97 days is fantastic, you know you can do this

We are ALL here for You xxx
Old 11-15-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
These weekends come far too fast. I haven't completed everything from Monday!
I'm the same HeadEast

Welcome back Shitzu

Well done on 97 days mariposa, hope to see you posting this weekend

Hello weekenders
Old 11-15-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

mariposa, sorry to hear you drank. Next time come ask for "permission." I'm sure you know how that would go.

In for another sober weekend. It's Friday and there is no way that alcohol will pass my lips. It just doesn't even register as an option now. All I drink is water, coffee and tea. The other day I was tired of the nausea that comes with this cold I've had and I thought about ginger ale, but even that, nah. Too sugary.

I hope Mags feels better.

Hello to Vman, hope it's all falling into place at rehab.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi all new or returning weekenders!!

Mariposa - sorry you drank, but it's good that you recognized the signs and know what you can do differently next time. A sober birthday sounds wonderful. We're all here for you; you can do this.

Dragon, I also hope everything works out. I'm sure it's gonna be hard but it sounds like you both are taking positive steps.

Also Snoozy, is that you and Claire in your avatar? Both of you look beautiful. What a great photo.

Today I am continuing on with training the new person they hired to help me at work (FINALLY) and she's doing really well so far. I feel a renewed sense of vigor for my job, because it actually feels like I can be hopeful things will start to get better. (not unlike sobriety and life, eh? :P)

Then I'm just gonna kick it this weekend. I don't have any concrete plans and I like it that way. Relaxing evening tonight, nothing on Saturday, and then zoo on Sunday. good stuff.

Happy Friday!!
Old 11-15-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

I am in.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders. I'm also in! Just watching the sun set and it's only 4:30. The shorter days are setting in here. Welcome SoberRican, HeadEast and Shitzupuppy.

Thanks Mags for the thread. I do need to make sure my AV autopilot is fully functional. Today I found housemates' beer in my fridge and wine on the sideboard. So far the AV has been quiet and I'm not particularly concerned.

It has been a good week work wise. My creative spurt last weekend was rewarded with a small but prompt payment from my client so that's another vote of confidence to add to the list. I now just have to get them to fully buy in to the project to let it reach its full potential. Thank you sobriety...

So, I'm at 10 and a half months now and have been discussing progress with my team. They say I'm doing well in recovery and have all the basics covered. Now it is time to start thinking about the higher level stuff - a proper career, a wider social group, some solid plans for the future etc. etc. This is all a bit daunting as I feel I am still emerging into the light and am not quite sure of my footing. Still ODAAT I suppose we'll get there.

Anyway, warm wishes to all. Stay close this weekend. Forwards.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bim, a lot better thanks.

Hi Midnight

Hi Forwards

Looking forward to a sober weekend. Yaaaaay
Old 11-15-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I am struggling. I feel bleak and I want to drink more than I don't. (do I though?)

Everything has been topsy turvy in my head the last few weeks and I don't have anyone to talk to. I don't know what to do. I'm stuck.

And I have been on a stupid diet for the last 6/7 weeks and sorta got hooked on losing weight! I can't get off it. I want chocolate but I don't. Not had a potato, slice of bread, rice, cake ~ nothing.

My head is mashed.

Anyway I binge watched End of the f***ing world. Brilliant!

Old 11-15-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Kaily, nice to see you.

Maybe do some research on low carb plans and depression (on reputable sites, not YouTube.) I've spent about ten years tweaking the level of carbs that keeps me on an even keel emotionally yet allows me to maintain my weight. If I cut carbs to below 125g a day I get morose and angsty. To my thinking, food is medicine. Not all plans are good for all people.

Even though it's harder to lose weight while incorporating higher carb levels, I find 150g and above to be the sweet spot at 2000 calories. My goal is 150-225g per day. Lower than that and my mood tanks. On at least one day per week I hit 400g of carbs, intentionally.

Potatoes not Prozac (it's a book...that I haven't read, BTW.)