Notices

New to recovery and sobriety

Old 11-28-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Sweetichick2 View Post
I had an accident last night which woke me up to myself. I drank half a bottle of vodka then fell asleep. I woke up decided I needed more and my car got stuck in my neighbor garden. He rang the police. They took 3 hours to come. By then I had sobered up and the police managed to move the car. They didn’t even breathalyser me.thank God for the police. It could have been a lot worse. I could have ended up in the watchouse.
It could have been a lot worse? You could have killed or injured someone besides endangering yourself. I don’t know what the watchouse is but if it’s jail, it’s a shame they didn’t take you there. Maybe you’d come to your senses and really get serious about sobering up.

I woke up to myself that my life has to change. Ending up in the neighbors garden wasn’t fun. I need to put my recovery first.
I’m pretty much speechless at this point too. I hope this really is your wake up call and you start actually doing something to recover.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:17 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

I commend all the posters restraint here Sweeti.

I'm simply horrified at your selfishness driving drunk last night. You could have so easily hurt or injured yourself or someone else.

As it is you've damaged someone elses property.

You've had an amazing amount of support and understanding here over several years.

I have never said this to anyone before - but if you don't want to get sober, it's time to admit that and leave the site.

If you do want to get sober - and I hope you do, its time for action...not talk, not 'I'm gonna' - but action.

D
Old 11-28-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with everything Dee has said. The last time you drove drunk, I found it very upsetting...and here we are again. I really have nothing else to say.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that you continue to drink when you're knocking on deaths door or you saying "It could have been much worse """I""" could have ended up in jail". You did not even have an ounce of concern for the safety of others. This is why addiction is such a selfish disease. I am no where near perfect and have drank heavily for 15+ years, now 8 months sober, but I did get a DUI 13 years ago. Even though I continued my drinking "career", I never ever got in a car and drove drunk again. I cannot even believe I was so self centered and selfish to put others in danger. You can believe me or not, but I think about that night all the time and literally thank God in my prayers that I didn't kill anyone. I would rather die then have an innocent person die because of my incredibly poor and selfish decision to get behind the wheel drunk. I have nothing else to add that has not already been said. I hope you do not die or kill someone else in your active addiction.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:15 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Yes sweetie it could of been much worse, you could of killed some innocent person,
If I was told I was on deaths door I'd be trying everything I could to stop drinking, for your own sake stop all your excuses and reach out for help and take it when it's offered
Old 11-28-2019, 07:25 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I am so ashamed of my actions. I could have killed someone.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am so ashamed of my actions. I could have killed someone.
Yes, you could have. And sadly it's not the first time, even in recent history. You could have killed yourself too. But seemingly the consequences of your actions and the associated shame are still not yet enough to make you quit drinking.

What do you plan to do about it?
Old 11-28-2019, 08:01 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I commend all the posters restraint here Sweeti.

I'm simply horrified at your selfishness driving drunk last night. You could have so easily hurt or injured yourself or someone else.

As it is you've damaged someone elses property.

You've had an amazing amount of support and understanding here over several years.

I have never said this to anyone before - but if you don't want to get sober, it's time to admit that and leave the site.

If you do want to get sober - and I hope you do, its time for action...not talk, not 'I'm gonna' - but action.

D
I feel like you are threatening me me. All of my so-called excuses are valid reasons. Like my phone not working I have no energy to walk into vodaphone. I am still camped on the lounge. No one seems to believe me. I do. Truly want to get sober.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:06 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

But you are the only one that can get you sober. Yes you need help but you have to seek it so it's down to you and that's that.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
not a greeter

All of my so-called excuses are valid reasons. Like my phone not working I have no energy to walk into vodaphone. I am still camped on the lounge. No one seems to believe me. I do. Truly want to get sober.
Yet you are miraculously able to get off the lounge and drive drunk to go get more vodka? Do you see how convoluted that is? The one that needs to believe you is...you. And actions speak volumes. You need inpatient rehabilitation.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:30 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

I feel like you are threatening me me. All of my so-called excuses are valid reasons. Like my phone not working I have no energy to walk into vodaphone. I am still camped on the lounge. No one seems to believe me. I do. Truly want to get sober.
Its ridiculous for you to say I'm threatening you, especially after all the times I've supported your right to continue to post here.

You are not a victim.
Everything that is happening to you is a result of your own decisions and lack of positive action

You can change this situation any time you want to.
Make changes that reflect your desire to be sober,

Making accusations that an Administrator - one of your oldest supporters - is threatening you is not a good way to go here,

I'd like an apology.

D
Old 11-28-2019, 08:33 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Making accusations that an Administrator - one of your oldest supporters - is threatening you is not a good way to go here,

D
I was waiting for that comment. It very much needed to be said.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:33 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
nez

I feel like you are threatening me
It is not a threat Sweeti, just straight talk from someone who cares about you. I imagine it was very hard for him to say, but you see...the effects of your actions hurt more than just you Sweeti.

You can use the straight talk to justify future actions you might make, but I hope instead that you it as catalyst for change.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:39 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Yet you are miraculously able to get off the lounge and drive drunk to go get more vodka? Do you see how convoluted that is? The one that needs to believe you is...you. And actions speak volumes. You need inpatient rehabilitation.
I told everyone a million times I use the drive through. It’s a 3 minute drive and I can stay in the car.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:43 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
nez

You are not a victim.
D
I agree with this 100%.
You are a volunteer.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:46 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
nez

It’s a 3 minute drive
People can die in 3 minutes. Accidents don't take any time to happen. They happen quickly.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:48 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I told everyone a million times I use the drive through. It’s a 3 minute drive and I can stay in the car.
It was less than a three minute drive to your neighbor's garden, right? You see how quickly accidents can happen? I was less than a block from my home when I hit a parked car and was arrested. Staying in the car is a moot point, Sweeti. It is being in the car at all after drinking that is the problem.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:20 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweeti, your comment that Dee threatened you is so far off base and completely inappropriate.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:51 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're not listening to anything anyones saying sweetichick so I'm going to suspend this thread for awhile and have a discussion with the other staff about yours and the sites best interests.

Dee
Administrator
SR