Notices

Triggered

Old 11-12-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Triggered

Hi I’m doing ok and things have gotten better but been feeling low and lonley etc. Today an old drinking friend that has struggled in the past and with who I got into my rock bottom with years ago. Long story. I chat to her very occasionally. Today at lunchtime she messages me wanting a lift home to another town. I agreed to take her but since then she has been sending messages that seem to be a **** take to be honest. She used to do this years ago when drunk. Saying covertly narssistic. But it’s gone on and she now saying she sat in pub crying in the corner. But I think she’s prob has company and is taking the proverbial as she knows I’m trying to do recovery. So iv just cut her off. I feel a bit angry with her tbh but I was willing to help but I just don’t think it’s genuine. Feel mixed up and dragged bk to the past. She also bringing up past in a p taking way talking to me like I’m stupid. Does this make Denver. No way will I go to that bar or pick her up now. But what if Ian wrong ?? Shows me what booze does to people tbh </div>
Old 11-12-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All you can do is control what you do. you did a kind thing but yes, some people do take advantage. Even if she isn't, she still isn't your responsibility. It's good you recognise she triggers you. I would also block her and focus on my own sobriety.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like what you are doing right now, not engaging, is a great option.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

hope youre triggered to feel grateful and not triggered to drink!

God bless