Notices

Givin' It Away

Old 11-11-2019, 09:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Givin' It Away

Tonight at my meeting I was stopped on the way out by a group of girls and asked to speak at a treatment center. They have H&I commitments nearby and need someone to share their experience, strength and hope.

I have begun service at my home group by becoming the secretary and most recently, doing coffee on the weekend, but I have never shared my story. I am very nervous and wondering what I will say.

I have decided that it doesn't matter. I will speak my truth and share what life is like for me today. Today life is beautiful, serene and full of wonder. I wonder how much my future will shape out with this new life I have been granted. I wonder who I will meet along the way and how they will shape my life. I wonder what lessons I will learn and how I can continue to give the incredible gift I have received away to someone who needs it as badly as I did.

I will do my part, free myself of prejudice and judgement and not allow my ego to decide how this will go. My True Self will share from its most genuine space and I hope that someone in that room hears something that will help them or at the very least, relieve them of a small amount of pain by knowing that they are not alone.

I cannot keep all of this light that is growing inside of me to myself. My purpose is to let it shine out, allow it to guide someone else who is lost as I was for so long. I have spent so much time being selfish and keeping myself hidden away, from everyone who loved me and mostly, myself.

It is time to show up for others and tomorrow, I will give it away.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Nic Lin - I am sure you will do well

D
Old 11-11-2019, 10:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just speak honestly and you will help many 🙏
Old 11-12-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's awesome long you keep it real you're going to ace it . from the heart.