Notices

Sober Weekend - Weekenders 08 - 11 November 2019

Old 11-09-2019, 12:51 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning all,
i hope your Sundays Include some delicious food and some smiles.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:53 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by harriet11 View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, just wrote a long post, I had something to say to everybody and then talked about my day.
Well, I'm not starting all over again. Good to see lots of posts and thanks for being here everyone
It happened to me recently- it is infuriating.

Talking of infuriating, I did some shopping today (utilitarian things, nothing exciting) and while I was out just about everyone seemed to be either stressed, mad as in angry or mad as in mad. I'm not sure if it's a London thing, a Britain thing or I am imagining it but I sure don't care for it.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:31 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
It happened to me recently- it is infuriating.

Talking of infuriating, I did some shopping today (utilitarian things, nothing exciting) and while I was out just about everyone seemed to be either stressed, mad as in angry or mad as in mad. I'm not sure if it's a London thing, a Britain thing or I am imagining it but I sure don't care for it.
Maybe it's the time of year. Dark days, even darker if it's foggy.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalcall View Post
Good morning all,
i hope your Sundays Include some delicious food and some smiles.
Made some soup, it was tasty. Not so sure about the smiles

Hope you enjoyed your food too
Old 11-09-2019, 05:22 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I love reading everyone's posts. Because of work and home chores today just flew by.
I will definitely be very close to the board tomorrow as I have no obligations. I have just finished day 5 and I have no plans on starting again.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:46 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou, I think the retailers are getting us psyched for Christmas spending. You’ll see many a zombified human walking about, If they’re mad too I hope it doesn’t mean they’re hungry

Harriet, losing my post has happened to me too. I try to remember to copy and paste if my post is more than a few paragraphs. Just in case. Though most times I forget.

I’m up at crazy o’clock with my side. I thought I pulled a muscle a few weeks back when I sneezed, and it doesn’t seem to get any better. So I’m looking for a support belt on the internet. Mr. M wants me to go to docs with it. I guess I will if it doesn’t get any better.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:12 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post

I can cheer myself up with food, stew and dumplings, shepherds pie, toad in the hole, mashed potatoes. All stodgy winter foods to keep you warm this winter. Not forgetting jam rolypoly with custard.
Oh Mags, I’m drooling.i LOVE pommy food so much
Old 11-09-2019, 11:05 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders

Ahhh, copy and paste, good idea Mags

Pommy food lol. I love Pommy food too snoozy, Mince and Dumplings mmmmm
Old 11-10-2019, 02:02 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
I can cheer myself up with food, stew and dumplings, shepherds pie, toad in the hole, mashed potatoes. All stodgy winter foods to keep you warm this winter. Not forgetting jam rolypoly with custard.
I'm not sure what all of those meals are but don't be surprised if a stranger shows up asking for food.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:15 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Mags - be sure to explain the difference between shepherds pie and cottage pie to our overseas posters! Fan of both amd don't forget Yorkshire pudding. Such dreary weather in London yesterday but slightly better today I think. Was contemplating some further Christmas shopping but that might be a step too far. This is a happy sober Sunday for me since yesterday marked the five month point in my new alcohol free life. There is genuinely no comparison between then and now and whilst it seemed to take forever to get the first 10 days done now the time seems to be moving at a pace. Looking forward to getting a half-year out of the way before Christmas. I wish everyone a good Sunday.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Happy Sunday, Sober-nators!

Keep it simple.
Keep it sober!
Old 11-10-2019, 04:31 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Magsie

Anyexcuse, lol. You’d be welcome.

Rose congratulations on 5 months yesterday.
Yes, I remember they’re different, shepherds and cottage
Old 11-10-2019, 05:23 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 5 months Rose! I can never remember the difference between Shepherd's pie and Cottage pie. A shameful confession.

I am out in a town called Kings Lynn in the county of Norfolk about 80 miles NE of London. I went to a car auction and made a bid of £4750 on something called a Jensen Interceptor. It didn't win which might be for the best as it needs a ton of work, time and money spent on it.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good looking car, lots of nose on it...
Old 11-10-2019, 06:43 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Mr

Lazy rainy old Sunday. Perfect timing for learning how to manage boredom

Never heard of the Jensen Interceptor.
Like the front but not too gone on the back window. I'm still hopeful of finding a 504 Coupé Sao. I have to admit I do rather like them. Ideally the 2.7 v6 TI but the 2L would be an OK cheaper alternative.

My brother in law has a fiat bambino from the 70's in his garage (for the last 15 years) . He's always too busy

Not sure if too many people associate DAF with cars but we do see an occasional one here in france. I think its the daf 66. Never really sure whether I like it or dislike it though.

Anyways 59 days in the bag and going for gold this time. Persist anyone struggling.

Later weekenderoonies
Attached Images
Old 11-10-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

day 3 for me

Good morning all. This is the day that the Lord has made. I have been up for 3 hours and have been so productive. Going to church with my DD. Then to friend house later to watch Sunday Football. Rooting for our home team, KC Chiefs. I made food to take. Planing on taking sparking water or some herbal iced tea. It is sunny & 60 degrees out today. Could ask for much more. Stay strong my friends.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

All this talk about food inspired me to cook my own. I have a big pot of chili on the stove.
It is all part of my diabolical plan. Preparing it kept me occupied and not thinking about slipping. I also made a large amount as hunger is a HUGE trigger for me. I wanted to make sure that I had something quickly accessible in the event that I get a strong craving.
Mags, I appreciate that. I'll be mighty hungry if I decide to swim, lol.
Travelbug, enjoy your game and good luck. I am a Bills fan so I will be camped out watching the game. Let's go Buffalo!!
Rose, outstanding job on five months!!
Old 11-10-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Big Congrats Rose on the sober time. It's all good changes from here on! Really great to read.

So I looked up the toad in a hole thing and it looks pretty easy to make and I can see how it would be a favorite food. I didn't Google this, but is Shepherds Pie made with lamb and Cottage Pie made with beef? I think I may have seen that on a cooking show - which, BTW I love cooking shows. Especially the British Baking Show in the tent. You guys got it right with that show! I'm kind of in BBS withdrawal as there are no new episodes available to me right now other than the Christmas ones, and I REFUSE.

Still sick.

Coffee is helping.

Prayers for anyone still in the grips of alcohol or drugs, and anyone in those first few difficult days of quitting. You can.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:03 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Sao, my high school boyfriend's mom had a 1970 silver Jenson Interceptor. I didn't like it that much but I can see how it would be a classic now. That back window was weird.

Hi, Vman!!
Old 11-10-2019, 10:08 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sending positive vibes your way bim.

Good to see you VMan.

Enjoy the game Travelbug, Anotherexcuse.

I suppose I better post a pic from the internet of a Jensen Interceptor as most people are not car nerds. They were manufactured between '67 and '75. The one I bid on was nothing like the condition of the one in the photo.

btw the "weird" back window, which gives excellent visibility, was rumoured to have been ripped off from the Giorgetto Guigiaro designed Iso Grifo (one of my all time favourites)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20191110_175958.jpg (36.9 KB, 36 views)