SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Drained, Exhausted and Grateful (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/443170-drained-exhausted-grateful.html)

faith823 11-03-2019 02:34 PM

Drained, Exhausted and Grateful

Hi,
Just checking in. I am so drained and my brain will not shut off.
I went to three meetings today -which were all great.
I cried, identified and very emotional through all three.
I spoke at the last meeting through tears (first time since putting down the drink) it was very raw and depressing.
My mind keeps ruminating about how did I sound?
anyhow I just hope I can shut my brain off and get a good nights sleep.
The good news is I have caffeine free tea tonight to enjoy.
oh and my head will hit the pillow Sober.
Thank you guys for "carrying" me through this first week.
I appreciate all the support and wisdom on these boards.

loulou1981 11-03-2019 02:42 PM

Well done on going, u will feel exhausted, I'd imagine its emotionally draining.

Just think.....no hangover tomo!! Best feeling in the world!!!

faith823 11-03-2019 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by loulou1981 (Post 7302773)
Well done on going, u will feel exhausted, I'd imagine its emotionally draining.

Just think.....no hangover tomo!! Best feeling in the world!!!

Thank you! No Hangover is priceless!

Anna 11-03-2019 03:02 PM

You're doing great, Faith!

Dee74 11-03-2019 03:45 PM

Congratulations Faith :)

JazV36 11-03-2019 04:20 PM

Three meetings, wow! Good for you! I wouldn’t worry about how you sounded. I’m sure they’ve all been in that raw, emotional state early in sobriety and totally get it. Enjoy your sober, restful sleep tonight :grouphug:

gypsytears 11-03-2019 04:32 PM

Hitting the pillow sober is priceless. Good going on the meetings. I’m sure you sounded just fine.

faith823 11-03-2019 04:48 PM

Thank you everyone. Sweet dreams

Daisybelle 11-03-2019 04:57 PM

You're doing well Faith, just keep going and remember that it's 'just for today.' Don't worry about how you sounded, you did well to even speak, that shows how strong you are. Take good care of yourself. xx

PhoenixJ 11-04-2019 07:51 AM

well done faith

SoberRican 11-04-2019 08:39 AM

I am proud of you for stepping up to the plate I wouldn't worry about how you sounded my main thing would be to get that off your chest feel me

Fusion 11-04-2019 01:52 PM

Well done Faith, you’re doing so well. Those days will keep adding up, emotions running everywhere is quite normal, so please don’t worry!

faith823 11-04-2019 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tatsy (Post 7303428)
Well done Faith, you’re doing so well. Those days will keep adding up, emotions running everywhere is quite normal, so please don’t worry!

Thank you guys for all your responses!

So helpful to me.

I started another post complaining about circumstances that I created
while drinking. Totally totally did not care about any single one of them while I was creating the mess to begin with. Time to put my big girl pants on and just deal with it. They are minor problems considering I could of killed myself- or worse somebody else

Need to get humble and grateful *start today over*

BeABetterMan 11-05-2019 09:27 AM

3 meetings in one day says A LOT. It says you’re dedicated. It says you’re humble. It says you’re doing the right things. It says you have a great chance at sobriety. What an inspiration. Keep up that good work.

Kaily 11-05-2019 10:37 AM

Great stuff Faith, you're doing it, you're sober! :)

faith823 11-05-2019 01:30 PM

Thanks for all the support.
I have never walked out of a meeting not feeling better.

You guys are so powerful to me. I keep the support in my back pocket

Thank you

CupofJoe 11-05-2019 01:34 PM

You're doing great!

It's totally normal to have emotions running all over the place and energy levels going up and down. Just take care of yourself and you'll start feeling better over time. It takes a while to even out.

And don't worry about how you sound in meetings. People are either glad to hear you share, or are too preoccupied in their own thoughts to notice, haha! Glad you're going to meetings. :)

Have a great afternoon!

WaterOx 11-05-2019 05:14 PM

Are you kicking caffeine as well? I have been off caffeine for six months now and it’s made such a difference. I never knew how much it affected me.

Just thought I’d share if that was your aim :)

faith823 11-05-2019 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by WaterOx (Post 7304113)
Are you kicking caffeine as well? I have been off caffeine for six months now and it’s made such a difference. I never knew how much it affected me.

Just thought I’d share if that was your aim :)

I really should try . Now (since I am sober ) I am able to enjoy my coffee
You put a thought in my head though- maybe the new year.

Good job-:scoregood

PhoenixJ 11-06-2019 03:51 PM

doing well faith