Notices

First day not using and totally lost.......

Old 11-02-2019, 08:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome and hang in there! I went through narcotic withdrawal in 2014 and alcohol withdrawal for the last time in 2017. It's not easy but so worth it!
Old 11-02-2019, 08:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Proafishin

She's hurt, I've lied, I've been using..........she is not an addict in any way shape or form. Having to deal with my addiction in our last 22 years together I'm sure has been beyond difficult. I've put time of abstinence together. Always go back. I went back about year ago and it's taken its toll very quickly physically, emotionally, spiritually............this is serious, I don't want to die. Yes I'm leaving her with alot of financial responsibility.........I'm sure she's stressed........... I can beat this thing without help, serious help, which I'm 99%sure I've found a residential treatment facility.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome!

I couldn't quit by myself, either. I ended up getting sober through AA and using online support. I hope you'll find a treatment center soon.

It does get better, and getting support is definitely helpful. Sometimes crucial.

Take it day by day right now. Hour by hour, minute by minute if you need to.

It really will get better. Best wishes to you.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
The opposite of addiction is connection.

Hi there, I did a 7 day detox program, then intensive outpatient. The detox was SO helpful for me to get through those early withdrawal days medically safe. Outpatient group has been incredible support. I personally could never get sober alone.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Proafishin View Post
She's hurt, I've lied, I've been using..........she is not an addict in any way shape or form. Having to deal with my addiction in our last 22 years together I'm sure has been beyond difficult.
HI Proafishin. I'm not an alcoholic, I usually post in the Friends and Family forum here.

I don't know your wife, of course, but I'm going to guess she is at the end of her rope too and not sure how all of this will work. Addiction is a family problem.

What I do know, after reading many stories from wives and husbands of alcoholics, is you are doing the right thing.

I wish you well. If you like you can always suggest your wife check out the F&F forum which is here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ly-alcoholics/
Old 11-02-2019, 11:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey man, good news, you made it out alive! Now do you want to stay out or go back in and keep testing your luck? You’d better get busy with a plan. Need help? Just ask.