Notices

Advice.. pregnant

Old 10-31-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi, Georgia. I have 3 kids (and had 2 miscarriages). I was drinking when I conceived the last two, usually about 3/4 bottle of wine 5 nights a week. I also stopped right when I took the test. Thank God, they’re healthy kids. I mentioned but drinking and my doctor was unconcerned, but I think that you would be we use to mention it to yours. The stress from hiding it isn’t good for you or for the baby. Congratulations!
Old 10-31-2019, 06:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melsbells View Post
Hi, Georgia. I have 3 kids (and had 2 miscarriages). I was drinking when I conceived the last two, usually about 3/4 bottle of wine 5 nights a week. I also stopped right when I took the test. Thank God, they’re healthy kids. I mentioned but drinking and my doctor was unconcerned, but I think that you would be we use to mention it to yours. The stress from hiding it isn’t good for you or for the baby. Congratulations!
Thanks so much for replying. How long had you been drinking that much? I was going on like 7 months. I want to be excited, but I’m scared and ashamed.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi again, Georgia. It really varied with each pregnancy. Sometimes my intake was more, but maybe so was my body weight, age, etc. it’s so individual I would highly recommend speaking to your doctor who can assess all of these factors. I wish you a healthy pregnancy, an easy delivery, and a beautiful, robust child.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Georgia
Firstly, congratulations on the pregnancy.

I would echo what the others have said and say have a chat with your GP. They won’t judge you on anything but it would be wise to be on the records - which only medical professionals can see - just so they are aware.

If anything your GP will be happy with you for stopping once you knew about the pregnancy.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I’ve just read an interesting article where a gynaecologist comments that the placenta does not develop properly until around the 6th week of the pregnancy and as the foetus gets
its nutrients through the placenta, drinking in those first few weeks before becoming aware of the pregnancy will have little or no effect on the little un.

That’s not medical advice from me as I’m not qualified and in your shoes I’d have a word with your GP but hope that can at least calm some of the worry until you can get to see them
Old 11-04-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I did it. I messaged my OB and told her what was going on in case they wanted to do more tests, etc. Still haven’t had a drink in over a month since I got my positive and don’t have a desire to. Just feeling anxious.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hopefully, your doctor will email back to you and help to ease your worries. Good job on not drinking at all.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi, Georgia. I’m hoping you’re doing well. How are you feeling?
Old 12-03-2019, 09:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!

I was a very heavy drinker before I was pregnant and I drink the first 4 weeks as I had no idea I was pregnant.
It was super easy for me to stop once the test came back positive because, well BABY!

My son is fine- NO alcohol syndrome or anything of that nature.

Do not drink any alcohol or do drugs and you and baby will be just fine.

Also,
When I had him I waited 6 weeks to drink after his birth.

DO NOT DO THIS

Get into a program NOW build on your sobriety and recovery to give you child a better life and not having a drunk MOM

That is my regret.
Not getting into a program and working my sobriety while I knew I could not drink.

Blessings,
DC
Old 12-03-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

So, we did the same the thing. Heavy drinking up to the point I found out I was pregnant. Only difference is, I was upfront with my doctor. I told her everything and yes she had a look of concern on her face but I believe that was bc she feared I wouldn’t stay stopped.

She told me it’s so early in the pregnancy everything will be fine as long as I stay stopped. And she was right.

Had a beautiful and very healthy baby. All the nurses kept commenting how healthy she was and kept telling me, “good job momma!”

No need to worry but you absolutely cannot have any alcohol. Not one drink. You may have heard that it’s okay but it is absolutely not safe at all. There is no way to determine how a fetus will respond to ANY amount of alcohol so stay far away.

Other than that, do what your doctor says. Eat healthy, exercise, and drink plenty of fluids. You got this momma!