SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Back again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/443035-back-again.html)

DrakeCKC 10-29-2019 10:57 AM

Back again

Yep, round 4 I think. Good to see so many names I recognize. I had a huge, huge relapse and was drinking all day long for the last year or so. Literally starting at 6-7AM. I could not stop.

Well, I have some really serious stomach issues, I won't go into all the details, but I can not eat and have lost 30 lbs. I could drink still. GI, ER docs (been 4 times could not stop getting sick) and Primary care doc all say NO ALCOHOL!! My liver is in early stage of damage but it is not horribly serious. I drank for 40 years but for the 6 I was sober here. I am determined to do it again, I have to.

Look forward to talking to you all! Dee, if this is wrong spot, move it, I have been away for a while to remember the rules!

Don (AKA Drake because I wanted to be anonymous, either works!):thanks

ChloeRose63 10-29-2019 11:12 AM

Glad to see you are back with us, Drake!
Welcome 'home'!:grouphug:

least 10-29-2019 11:28 AM

Welcome back! :)

Delilah1 10-29-2019 11:31 AM

Welcome back!

Fusion 10-29-2019 11:39 AM

Welcome back Drake/Don, I’m glad you’re here. I too ended up an all day drinker, tough place to be, but you can break free again!

Ghostlight1 10-29-2019 01:24 PM

Welcome back. All day drinker here too. For years.
I hope you can quit now before things get really bad.
We're all here for you.

venuscat 10-29-2019 01:24 PM

Kind of a miracle that you are alive my love. :hug: s
And thank God you are.

You know how happy I am that you are back.....big time.....shouting from the rooftops.

Onwards together dearest Don. :hug: ❤️

PS.....getting unanonymous was really good for me.....I can honestly say there is not a single reason I want to hide this anymore. :hug: s

Suze xx

Gabe1980 10-29-2019 01:29 PM

Welcome back! This can be your time 💕

Anna 10-29-2019 01:32 PM

Drake, it's good to see you back. Do you have a plan for how you will stop drinking and stay sober? I hope that posting here is part of your recovery plan. :)

Hevyn 10-29-2019 01:36 PM

Great to have you back with us, Don. :) There's nothing quite like the support we get from those who truly understand us. You sound ready to get free. (I drank all day in the end too - it was hell.)

AnvilheadII 10-29-2019 01:40 PM

glad you have made it back. not everyone is so fortunate.

so whatever led to the big relapse last year...........was it worth it? did drinking solid for a year fix or change the situation, the event, the emotion? i ask because it is vital that we see that alcohol does not fix ANYTHING. it cures nothing. aids nothing. it's just a big fat deadly lie.

i hope you seize onto recovery for dear life and never let go.

saoutchik 10-29-2019 02:24 PM

Welcome back Drake/Don and congratulations on pulling back from the brink. Sending positive vibes regarding your health. Freedom from slavery beckons.

Dee74 10-29-2019 04:21 PM

Hey Drake :)
No problems in posting here at all Don - welcome back.

Fear will certainly work for a while - any ideas yet on what you'll do to stay sober when the fear wears off?

D

thomas11 10-29-2019 04:51 PM

Sounds pretty serious, but seems like you've been given a bit of a lifeline with no permanent damage. Hopefully you can turn it around.

Opivotal 10-29-2019 05:04 PM

Drake!! I'm so happy to see you back. :)

You know what has to be done. Arm yourself, my friend, open up that toolbox and add a few more.

We're here to help any way we can. :hug:

BarbieKen 10-29-2019 07:46 PM

Welcome Home Don/Drake
:grouphug:
Bobbi

venuscat 11-20-2019 06:49 AM

I really hope you come back again dear Drake. :hug: ❤️

Swordfish1 11-20-2019 06:56 AM

Well i've been struggling with this illness, this is my day 1 again. I did a month sober in september i felt great, I think i thought yeah i've done a month so i can control this. Truth is I cant.
Just got to keep fighting it and believe I can get better. I just don't want to cause anymore pain to my family

venuscat 11-20-2019 06:58 AM

(((Swordfish))) ❤️

So glad you came back. :hug: s
I know you can do this....for you and your family. :hug: s

Maybe you would like to pop into the November class thread? :)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

:hug:

Callas 11-20-2019 08:24 AM

Were you 6 years sober in this 40 year drinking cycle? Was it the 6 years before the last year of drinking again?