Notices

Hello, I'm, new here

Old 11-03-2019, 01:46 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

You've certainly got a lot on your plate Boggle. I've got it a LOT easier than you and I still struggle.
You're doing incredibly well
Having arthritis and fibro must get you down an awful lot, how do you deal with the pain from both?
I get back pain from time to time and that gets me down but at least it's intermittent. It's sciatica like pain thats pretty common with older people. I read that tomatoes, white potatoes and sweet peppers can make it worse so I've just decided to cut them out and see what happens as my back is bad at the moment.
It's great to be able to see your own grandchildren in moderation but to have to look after someone else's as well is just taking the biscuit.
Then you've got a husband who drinks every night and has a friend with stills all over the house. You must live in the US. Nobody in the UK has a still. Not that I know of anyway, over here it's beer or wine making.
It's another hurdle for you to cope with a drinking husband. I had to laugh though when he came in drunk and said that your eyes looked funny, I expect everything looked funny to him after all that moonshine.
My husband doesn't bother with alcohol anymore, when he did it was very much in moderation but it disagrees with him now and irritates his IBS (if alcohol had given me IBS it wouldn't have made any difference)
Hope you find some delicious mocktails, I just tend to drink tea and occasionally coffee and sometimes a glass of third milk with two thirds water if I'm very thirsty. Sometimes fruit juice or just plain water.

Keep doing what you're doing to keep sober and keep posting, PM me if you'd like a chat
Old 11-03-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Not the us, Northern Ireland lol
Old 11-03-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Old 11-03-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I manage OK with the pain, when I was drinking I never took my meds was scared of mixing meds and booze, booze was more important, and anyway I was to drunk to feel pain, but I take slow release pain relief every 12 hours and cocodamol 30/500, everyone around me just brings there booze to ours and drinks, sometimes I find it hard but mostly I'm OK
Old 11-03-2019, 10:29 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Boggle10 View Post
​​​​​​Lol,. Well there might be loads of stills round here too, but they're not going to broadcast it I suppose