Notices

In hell

Old 10-22-2019, 03:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

In hell

I failed again I drank last night. I feel terrible anxiety through roof and completely hate myself. Made a fool of myself sent horrible messages and I can’t cope please help me I feel so so poorly I don’t want to drink again but then I get a good number of days before I do it again. I’m a total failure and I can’t stand to be me today I have ruined my life
Old 10-22-2019, 03:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whoa whoa. Calm down there partner. Deep breath... Aaaah. Ok no worries starting now . no sauce. Water.rest. light meal if can soup broth whatever. Rest. Thats it. Take it one day.hour at a time if need be. You can do this. Stick around here. You be aight. ✌
Old 10-22-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I have tried and tried rican for a long time yet I keep doing it feel so so low
Old 10-22-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Eve

I tried for a long time too -= gradually I realised I'd only think about not drinking after I'd drink again and was ill or had made a fool of myself...

what I needed to so was think about not drinking when I wasn't drinking and use that time to come up with a plan - to plan ahead - make a plan for support and making changes.

SR is great but maybe you need to explore some other things as well? What else have you tried ?

D
Old 10-22-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Been going to aa regularly for years I enjoy meetings but it doesn’t seem to be enough to stop me doing this I really might be a lost cause you know I never learn
Old 10-22-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Can’t eat can’t sit still don’t want to drink need help
Old 10-22-2019, 04:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Take it minute by minute. Write down small things you want to accomplish today. Even if it is like "brush my teeth" or "do the dishes", etc. It will help you focus when the withdrawal makes your mind all fuzzy. Your brain is rewiring and it can be really crazy. Stay hydrated with water or juice. I drink calming teas when my nerves are frenzied.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I will try done my chores can’t breathe the anxiety is so bad why why why why did I do it
Old 10-22-2019, 04:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Maybe you could make a list of reasons "why" you decided to pick up that first drink. That is the "clue". That choice you made to pour yourself a drink was triggered by the thought that having alcohol would somehow help you, how?
Focus on that first drink because we all know that one is too many and 1000 is never enough.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Just thought I would be ok with just a couple wanted a treat!! Insanity cos it’s never like that it’s always like this
Old 10-22-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I’m sorry you’re feeling like this eve. It’s the worst feeling, isn’t it? I understand thinking you can just have a couple. In my case, it took so many setbacks before I finally became convinced that for me, there is no such thing as a couple. You can use this setback as a learning experience so you can make a solid plan. You never have to feel this way again.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eve123 View Post
Can’t eat can’t sit still don’t want to drink need help
If you were to give a crying child what she wanted, she would perhaps spend the day eating sweets and watching tv right? Would it do her any good? what if you were to give her what she needed? Would you revert to looking after her and giving her what she needs? Nourishing food? Warmth? Love and security?

If you give yourself what you want will it do you any good? what if you were to give yourself what you need?

What would reverting to self care look like for you? how would it make you feel? Could you do it? What would "heaven" look like?
Old 10-22-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

"Wanted a treat" but, the treat is poison. Early in my recovery I would train my mind to look a any bottle of alcohol and see the "skull and cross bones" and read the would "Poison". Even a child is taught what a bottle of poison looks like.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I will try done my chores can’t breathe the anxiety is so bad why why why why did I do it
Slow deep breaths. Focus on the inhale as you’re inhaling. Feel it fill up your chest. Focus on the exhale as you’re exhaling. Try to let your exhale be longer than your inhale. Do this a few times. Now direct your breath to your belly. Let your belly fill with breath, then pull the breath into your chest. Exhale and feel it leaving the chest, then the belly. Pull your navel in towards your spine to get rid of all that breath. Repeat.

Chores are good. They’re a distraction plus need to be done anyway.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I failed again I drank last night. I feel terrible anxiety through roof and completely hate myself. Made a fool of myself sent horrible messages and I can’t cope please help me I feel so so poorly I don’t want to drink again but then I get a good number of days before I do it again. I’m a total failure and I can’t stand to be me today I have ruined my life
Imagine if you were in a job and you had a manager who spoke to you in that manner. Would you feel motivated to work for him? How would you feel in a job like that? What kind of a manager would motivate you more on a job?

Imagine if a friend spoke to you that way. Imagine if someone spoke to your son or daughter that way. Imagine if you saw an adult speaking to a child in that way. Would you want to protect the child?

Is it possible you are speaking to yourself in a tyrannical manner?

What way would you speak to yourself if you were a loving but firm parent with strong boundaries speaking to your (inner) child?

Could you parent yourself in a more loving, forgiving and encouraging manner?

Last edited by Epictetus; 10-22-2019 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Grammar innit
Old 10-22-2019, 04:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I have family to look after I can’t just go and relax I have to pretend everything is normal. I can only share here what’s going on. I would like to be cared for I would like to lie down and sleep I want it to be tomorrow this day is never ending it’s like mental torment every second my anxiety is killing me been in toilet loads of times. Thing is I have been here before but it feels worse every time I relapse. I want to lie down and sleep tbh
Old 10-22-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I think the "pretending everything is normal" is what is causing all your anxiety. You are not fooling anyone with thinking that you are acting "normal". You can only pretend for so long. Time to come to terms with who you are and where you are in your life.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Dear Eve.

I can really identify with your post. I felt like that after every binge and it really is Hell on Earth. Unfortunately it is something you have to fo through to get to the other side. My last binge 18 months ago I felt the same way as you are now plus I was withdrawing from xanax medication as well. Like you I had family to care for. My daughter. It was horrible, absolutely horrible but I knew that I just had to keep putting one foot in front of the other and then get my head on my pillow at night sober. It took me about 10 days to really feel "normal" again. I knew that alcohol was out to kill me and a quick death would have been preferable to how I was living following binges.

I just thought I would be ok with just a couple wanted a treat!! Insanity cos it’s never like that it’s always like this

Your mindset has to change. Alcoholics cannot have just a couple of drinks. Once we put alcohol in our system then we set off the phenomenan of craving. There isn't enough alcohol to satisfy us. It is the first drink that causes the damage to us.

Accept that you are going to feel bad for a couple of days. Don't beat yourself up. Remember you are a sick person trying to get well not a bad person trying to be good. When you are feeling anxious take deep breaths, tell yourself that you are not going to feel this way for ever, it WILL pass. Pray for the strength and the courage to get through this day only and get your head on your pillow sober. Once you are feeling better then your recovery can begin.

Lots of prayers, love, courage and strength to you.

🙏❤🙏❤
Old 10-22-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Just thought I would be ok with just a couple wanted a treat!! Insanity cos it’s never like that it’s always like this
The belief that you can have just a couple defies all we understand about alcoholism. You are not the exception to that rule. There is no exception to that rule, unless you are NOT an alcoholic, but an alcoholic is defined as someone who cannot have just a couple. By your behavior, you must be an alcoholic.

So the reality must be:
You are an alcoholic.
You cannot have just two.

Reality is what it is and you can't change it. You've got to stop listening to your AV when it tells you that you can have just a couple. Your AV does not live in reality and it has no understanding of reality. It just wants to drink, and it doesn't care what happens to you.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I hate alcoholism I will not listen to that av it’s out to destroy me you are right. I’m waiting for repetitions if stupid argumentative messages I sent. Waiting for ex to say something and my daughter to be taken from me. I can’t believe I was so stupid