Notices

Fourth Day Sober

Old 10-18-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fourth Day Sober

Just found this website. Obsessing over wine.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I was a wino too. It almost destroyed me. But I finally got to the point where I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink. Then I was able to stay sober. This December it will be 10 yrs. And I had thought I was hopeless - nope! It can be done.

Lots of good tips and tricks and ideas here. Read around and post. We want to help you get sober for good.

Four days is just about done with physical withdrawal so you should start feeling a bit better soon.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Consuela

This site helped me a lot with that obsession ion the early days. Read around and post as much as you like. Check out the arcade and chat.

Things will get easier I promise

D
Old 10-18-2019, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Consuela,
I am very glad that you found this forum. I know the obsessing about wine! Being on here and around others that get it really helps.

Have you got some plans to keep yourself busy over the weekend?
Old 10-18-2019, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Tank you
Old 10-18-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I mean Thank you! Lol
Old 10-18-2019, 07:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm a craft beer guy.

Think the drink through. You are probably mostly thinking of that initial buzz.

Here's what's likely to happen if I drink some craft beer. Best case. The taste is not quite as good as I remember. I feel like a complete loser after opening the first bottle. I think of stopping halfway through the first beer. Too late now. Maybe a nice buzz for a little while. Then it's not long until I'm just sorta there. Too lazy and stupid to really do anything. Dont want to go out and get popped driving again. After a while dont even want to see or hear from anybody. I pass out, maybe even make it to bed on purpose. Sleep like absolute crap. Feel like absolute crap the next day. The obsession to drink is now supercharged. That's best case for me at this stage of the game.

Not so best case. I go completely sideways. I call or text people or somebody calls or texts me. I get on a rage about sports or politics, my mind wanders to dark places and I say things I'm ashamed of. I destroy my own property either by being clumsy, a fit of rage over something stupid, or maybe I don't even remember. I suddenly dont care about my freedom or safety.

The thing with best case is that obsession part. I will drink again and again and it wont be long until I get not so best case.

I have an allergy of the body and an obsession of the mind. The idea that its mostly a nice buzz is an illusion. No, its mostly gonna suck! The nice buzz will be a fraction of the time. The nice buzz does not last long. I get a nicer buzz running or lifting weights. Sleep better afterwards too.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the no vino zone. Glad you are here. Lets nip this boozing thing in the butt. . one day at a time. ✌
Old 10-19-2019, 02:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's a brilliant post, RecklessDrunk! Just about says it all.

Welcome Consuelo. Wine was my poison of choice. Only the quality kind, mind! So I paid a high price for my obsession. Joined here 4 months ago and imports rly posted every day I haven't had a glass since. Stick with us because you can do this, you honestly can. Best of luck.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Consuela, I completely get the obsessing over wine too. I'm new here as well, today's day 5 for me. Hope you find the site helpful. Good luck x
Old 10-19-2019, 06:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wine and craft beer have always been my poisons of choice, too. I rarely drank any spirits. It's been instrumental in convincing me that I don't have a problem.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

welcome