Notices

I dont think I can go on

Old 10-14-2019, 09:35 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Well done whitejay. Keep eating small meals and perhaps try a shower later today then back to bed.
Clean sheets, if you have them, were a joy to me in early sobriety.

You are on your way to peace and joy—rest, stay hydrated, and keep posting
Old 10-14-2019, 09:45 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by whitejay View Post
I cant wait for the day I am well enough to help others.
You are already there. your post is getting my day off to a good start. It is helping to keep my journey fresh in my mind, which is a great thing and vital to my continued recovery.

Thank you for posting!
Old 10-14-2019, 09:53 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

You're not a loser, whitejay.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Awesome going Jay
We made it to Day 3 with another day in sight. I'm going to write down what I am grateful for a bit later, so there is something to look back on, even in these early days.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on reaching day 3 whitejay, you too flg!
Old 10-14-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Whitejay?
Old 10-14-2019, 01:16 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Way to go guys! I'm on yet another day 1, so you're both 2 days ahead of me, hopefully I'll stay steadily behind you guys!
Old 10-14-2019, 01:20 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Whitejay now you listen up and good. Dear Heart so many of us have been in the spot you are in right this second.. truly. I have been there too. and in the last 6 months have just been so lost. and not because I am drinking or Eddie Lee is taking drugs.. but because life is so short and his heart will scream just once more and then he will be gone..
do I want to drink Oh double toothpicks yes.. why because I have to prep for when his body no longer has the breath and I will have to do the costs and find the right answers and hold the world steady for his Mom and Sister and for others that will need a bottom line to his life..
White Jay the next time you think even for a second of your life you can't do it. go to you tube and pull up Open Heart surgery and look and listen for a little and say oh my God the Lady Clown is balancing What the toothpicks What.. and then look in the mirror and say this man in the mirror will do better for her. please. God Help me and stop just stop and find something Great that is right there and Dear Heart Make you Life the Best for this old lady Clown..
Old 10-14-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

I am crying reading all your wonderful messages to me.

All of it is helping me so much and I appreciate all of you - your kind
words, your wisdom, and helping me realize that I can beat this.

This is going to be a tough road ahead, but I dont want to die.

Even though I have no friends to talk to, I have found my home with you.
Whitejay ....
I don't know why, but all your posts are making me cry. You touched my heart. I am OK only 2 weeks sober but I have HF health issues and also haven't been feeling good lately. Just feeling sick, like there's something else wrong with me. Just don't feel right. I have an anxiety disorder so that don't help matters either.
I had the same thoughts you are having when I was drinking and wanting to stop but I didn't know how, didn't know how to function without alcohol.I was in a very dark place. Even tho I'm feeling sick right now and don't know if something else is wrong with me, I'm still glad I haven't picked up a drink.
If we can do it, you can do it! One day at a time. I'm crying now, but I'm sober. We will make it through this. Just gotta be strong!

God grant US the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can and the wisdom to know the difference.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:42 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Don't mind my typo mistakes in my last post, hard to see through the tears that were rolling down my face as I was typing on my phone. s
Old 10-14-2019, 06:30 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Whitejay, this month 8 years no cocaine, in July it was 9 years no booze. You'll do it too. We all suffered. Sober Recovery is a really go place to hang so stay with us, we are all rootin for ya.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:54 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
Day 3
Don't you think sober mornings rock too?

xxxx
Sober mornings make all the difference in the world - you see life differently the moment you open you eyes.....
Old 10-15-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
Whitejay, this month 8 years no cocaine, in July it was 9 years no booze. You'll do it too. We all suffered. Sober Recovery is a really go place to hang so stay with us, we are all rootin for ya.
I love your quotes and your beautiful flower. thanks so much for rootin for me nefer !
Old 10-15-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

Hello my friends

Day 4 - what a complete difference I feel today.

No depression, no anxiety, feeling strong and focused.

Ate, showered, and on my way to chiropractor. I would of never left the house before, nor cared enough about myself to actually see a chiro.

You guys CHANGED ALL THAT ! So much appreciation.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

These are great positive self-care steps.

How about taking yourself to lunch soon? Someplace you really like. . .
Old 10-15-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

Originally Posted by Angeleyes1111 View Post
Whitejay ....
I don't know why, but all your posts are making me cry. You touched my heart. I am OK only 2 weeks sober but I have HF health issues and also haven't been feeling good lately. Just feeling sick, like there's something else wrong with me. Just don't feel right. I have an anxiety disorder so that don't help matters either.
I had the same thoughts you are having when I was drinking and wanting to stop but I didn't know how, didn't know how to function without alcohol.I was in a very dark place. Even tho I'm feeling sick right now and don't know if something else is wrong with me, I'm still glad I haven't picked up a drink.
If we can do it, you can do it! One day at a time. I'm crying now, but I'm sober. We will make it through this. Just gotta be strong!

God grant US the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can and the wisdom to know the difference.
Oh Angeleyes - now you got me crying again and I thought I was over it. See, you do the same thing...lol

please dont be sad - I know drinking gave me medical issues but I am determined to heal my mind my body.

Will you do it with me?
Old 10-15-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

You guys CHANGED ALL THAT ! So much appreciation.
The members here will support you, but YOU are the one making the changes to your life. You have control over your actions and you are the one taking positive steps. We are here to cheer you on
Old 10-15-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

Originally Posted by flg1412 View Post
Awesome going Jay
We made it to Day 3 with another day in sight. I'm going to write down what I am grateful for a bit later, so there is something to look back on, even in these early days.
We did it flg !!!!!! Keep going with me. ok - so tired of feeling like a loser.

Old 10-15-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whitejay, I'm so glad to hear you're on Day 4 and that you're feeling so much better. Good for you for getting out and taking care of yourself.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:16 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

4 days - so wonderful - proud of you, Whitejay.