Notices

To Scared to drink and too scared not to

Old 11-09-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
not a greeter

It’s been almost 2 days since you checked in sweeti. I’m assuming you’re still drinking. I’m hoping I’m wrong. I’m also hoping you’re okay and check in soon to let us know how you are.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:40 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

It’s been three days since you’ve posted. I really hope you find the strength to stop drinking and take steps to help you stay sober. Now would be a great time to head to detox.

Thinking about you.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:16 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Originally Posted by Sweetichick2 View Post
I probably do need a welfare check but have had bad experience with the system. I don't want to spend the night on a short l9unge in triage. People who are in there have really lost it.i will wait until tomorrow.
I almost died because of a poorly performed welfare check. So, take the situation into your won hands. Get to a hospital, any way tou can.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:26 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Worried about you Sweeti. Hoping you will check in soon.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:54 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Hope you're ok
Old 11-10-2019, 08:51 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti how are you? Pls check in. Think you were supposed to have an outpatient appointment today?
Old 11-11-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Sweeti.....we are all worried about you please check in if you can ok? Maybe you are in rehab?
Old 11-11-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Sweetichick2 View Post
Outpatient isn't till Tuesday. By then I will have 3 days sobriety and won't qualify for detox.
It’s Tuesday. Are you going to outpatient today? I’m guessing that you do indeed qualify for detox. You haven’t been posting which usually means you’ve been drinking.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:38 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very concerned for you, Sweeti - as always. Prayers going up.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the kind messages.That one bottle ended up being 5 over the weekend. Today is Tuesday payday and I am on day two of withdrawals. The shaking hasn’t been that bad this time
Last night I awoke at 1am after going to bed at 10. I can’t relax the house is too messy. I think I saw my daughter again today but she pulled her hat down over her face when she walked past my car. Weird that made me notice her more. There’s no hope with them. Hopefully payday continues to go well. Yesterday I had virtually no cravings. Thanks again everyone I was with out a phone for a couple of days. That’s why I went silent.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:33 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Administrator

so whats happening with outpatient, rescheduling seeing your GP and your psych Dr Sweetichick?

Thought anymore on detox/rehab?

Those are all really serious things that I think you need to attend to as a matter of priority.

Things need to change for you, and only you can do that.

D
Old 11-11-2019, 04:37 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I’m glad you checked in. I do worry when you’re completely silent. Can’t you use your iPad to log in here?

It’s good the shaking & cravings aren’t bad. Tuesday... supposed to be outpatient. Are you going??? It might help keep you out of trouble being that it’s payday and all. You can get an Uber.

Sorry about your daughter avoiding you. I’m sure it hurts. I think you’re wrong about there being no hope though. If you get sober there is hope! Don’t you see that drinking is keeping you from your daughters? Sobriety is the way to reuniting with them.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:03 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

So are you going to go to rehab? Detox? Your psych?

Sometimes I read over in the Friends and Family section. It's pretty awful what children of alcoholics/addicts have to go through. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad, but to help you understand your daughter more. She's probably in a tremendous amount of pain watching her own mother kill herself. And I know you are in pain yourself.

I bet she'd give anything to see you sober. Maybe you could repair the relationship if you get sober.

You are the only one who can take the steps to turn things around.

What's holding you back??

Please admit you can't do this on your own. You might run out of chances.

Sending you love and support. Please do something, Sweeti.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:09 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
so whats happening with outpatient, rescheduling seeing your GP and your psych Dr Sweetichick?

Thought anymore on detox/rehab?

Those are all really serious things that I think you need to attend to as a matter of priority.

Things need to change for you, and only you can do that.

D
I don’t really need to see my gp. He raised concerns about my ability to drive a while ago. That’s why I limit my visits. He’s only concern is my blood sugar. He leaves alcohol for my shrink.

I might as well tell you that my dad did the sums on rehab in a government run institution and there’s no way I can afford it with car payments and smoking among other things.

Outpatient I missed because I couldn’t physically get in there. I am seeing my psychiatrist again tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:14 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Why can’t you use your superfund for rehab? I’m sorry but smoking and car payments are not viable excuses. You shouldn’t even be driving anyway. For multiple reasons. Sell the car. Quit smoking.Use your pay day payments for treatment for your alcoholism. Go to AA at least. I hope you get to your appointment with your psychiatrist. It’s mind boggling how you can get someplace to buy liquor but can’t get to your doctors or outpatient.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:50 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

I’ve got other obligations rates,water, body corporate and electricity. These places take 85% of your income. Plus 2 cash advances from the government I owe. It’s just not possible. It would be nice if I had the money. As for smoking who was walking around car parks picking smokes off the ground. That is why I started vaping. End of sermon.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:08 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Sweeti,

I really hope you decide to put in the work that’s needed for sobriety. You keep listing all of the reasons you can’t do something. There are options, but you need to want to stop. I really hope you get to that point, and move beyond the cycle you’re currently stuck in.

I have no new advice to offer, I will continue to hope you see that your life is worth the effort to stop drinking for good.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:10 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're not the only person in Queensland without the financial wherewithal to pay for rehab.

There is a free rehab option in Queensland Sweetichick - it won't be very nice, but it exists.

If that kind of rehab scares you - and I understand that - you could at least apply for a partial release of super for a nicer facility- I'm sure you would get it if your various doctors wrote to your super fund. You may owe your folks money in other ways but your super money is yours.

That would leave your fortnightly pay free to pay for utilities rent and body corporate

You could set up direct debits for all those things..

But...if you're not prepared to go to rehab at all, that's a different matter.

If your GP is not helping you with your recovery you need a new GP.

I'm not giving up on you, but I really don't know what else to say.

there's so much you could be doing for your recovery right now.
Today.

D
Old 11-11-2019, 07:25 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I’m not giving up on you either sweeti. I’ll continue to support your alcohol free days of course. Add me to the I don’t know what else to say list as well.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:56 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don’t know what to say either, Sweeti. I can only hope that you take action to save yourself.