Notices

Today is Day 4...

Old 10-09-2019, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is Day 4...

and I知 feeling pretty good. I am on meds for the withdrawal so I know that part of it, but I知 sleeping so much better and my mood is up. I値l be attending my first AA meting tomorrow. I wish I could go more often, but I知 agoraphobic and my husband has to take me and between his work and kids activities it痴 just not possible. Thankful for this site and all of you here. I check in often and reading through everything is a huge help! Love to all
Old 10-09-2019, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jaz, that痴 wonderful!
Old 10-09-2019, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on four days, that's awesome. And also congratulations on going to AA. I hope you like the meeting.
Let us know how it went please.
Best to you.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job on Day 4!
Old 10-09-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So glad you are here Jaz! And a plan is great- keep sharing with us, too, and let us know how the first mtg goes. It is a weird thing at first so try not to put pressure on yourself to "do" anything. I didn't talk for a long time!
Old 10-09-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done- good you posted Jaz. Let us know how the meeting went.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

i was agoraphobic for over 18 months. I think it was moderate because i was able to function without meds, but i was nervous all the time and weird things freaked me out.

i toughed it out and that caused ptsd, but potentially a quicker recovery. Now I am barely scared ever. I am pretty much brave now.

Long story, but the main thing is you are not alone in your journey. When i eliminated the booze from my life, my life got better.

I just woke up from a solid nap after not sleeping well last night. Something about my wife spending a bunch of money to have fun. Her thing is...we can't take it with us.

I am somewhere in between saving like a hoarder and living paycheck to paycheck. I finally figured out today that between me and her, we will be ok.

That has been one of the biggest gifts quitting being a nasty drug addict, drunk, has given me. I now take full responsibility for my current situations. I made this bed and I am going to sleep in. I am going to handle my issues. Many songs have been written about this.

Working out has been my new drug as it provided natural endorphins and dopemine that the booze altered/replaced. It has taken a while but all of my natural stuff seems to have returned at least to a level that I can appreciate.

Typing cool stuff here in SR helps a bunch too.

Hope this helps you as it is helping me.

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 4 JazV

D
Old 10-10-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
So glad you are here Jaz! And a plan is great- keep sharing with us, too, and let us know how the first mtg goes. It is a weird thing at first so try not to put pressure on yourself to "do" anything. I didn't talk for a long time!
THANK YOU for saying this. I was terrified I was going to have to speak (anxiety speaking in groups) so knowing that I can kind of just sit observe is a huge relief.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
i was agoraphobic for over 18 months. I think it was moderate because i was able to function without meds, but i was nervous all the time and weird things freaked me out.

i toughed it out and that caused ptsd, but potentially a quicker recovery. Now I am barely scared ever. I am pretty much brave now.

Long story, but the main thing is you are not alone in your journey. When i eliminated the booze from my life, my life got better.

I just woke up from a solid nap after not sleeping well last night. Something about my wife spending a bunch of money to have fun. Her thing is...we can't take it with us.

I am somewhere in between saving like a hoarder and living paycheck to paycheck. I finally figured out today that between me and her, we will be ok.

That has been one of the biggest gifts quitting being a nasty drug addict, drunk, has given me. I now take full responsibility for my current situations. I made this bed and I am going to sleep in. I am going to handle my issues. Many songs have been written about this.

Working out has been my new drug as it provided natural endorphins and dopemine that the booze altered/replaced. It has taken a while but all of my natural stuff seems to have returned at least to a level that I can appreciate.

Typing cool stuff here in SR helps a bunch too.

Hope this helps you as it is helping me.

Thanks.
Thanks, nice to know someone that had dealt with agoraphobia as well! I know for a fact mine was mostly brought on by the alcohol. As my drinking got worse, so did my anxiety, which then led to it. Now that I知 quitting the drinking and going to therapy for drinking and anxiety I知 hoping I can sort myself in the coming months. It痴 going to take time I know but I知 all in.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Go you on Day 4!!!! You got this!

There are TONS of helpful resources online if you cannot leave to a meeting!