Notices

Headaches....one week sober

Old 10-07-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Headaches....one week sober

Hi all!
Does anyone get tension type headaches? My entire head hurts, forehead, top of my head, everywhere! I was getting these headaches even when I was drinking. I was a heavy drinker and would drink every single day! ... I get paranoid thinking I'm getting a sinus infection or something. I do have anxiety as well. Ive had that most my life.

Tara
Old 10-07-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Are you staying hydrated? Dehydration can lead to headaches. Also not sleeping enough. A lot of things can cause headaches. It might be well worth talking to your doctor about it .
Old 10-07-2019, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I get these headaches as well, not as bad this time but they are still there. The first time I gave up I had them constantly for about 4 months. I put it down to all the brain signals in the brain no longer being dampened down by alcohol
well done on a week you awesome person

Last edited by Jtmlk; 10-07-2019 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-07-2019, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The thing I remember most from detoxing is the awful anxiety. I could not sit still or relax. I don't remember getting headaches but would suggest if you're still getting them in another week, see your doctor.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Are you staying hydrated? Dehydration can lead to headaches. Also not sleeping enough. A lot of things can cause headaches. It might be well worth talking to your doctor about it .
Staying as hydrated as I can. Too much coffee the past few mornings though. So I'm sure that's not helping.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Originally Posted by least View Post
The thing I remember most from detoxing is the awful anxiety. I could not sit still or relax. I don't remember getting headaches but would suggest if you're still getting them in another week, see your doctor.
If it continues longer then a week or so, I'll make an appointment with my PCP. ...I have anxiety , had that most my life though.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Originally Posted by Jtmlk View Post
I get these headaches as well, not as bad this time but they are still there. The first time I gave up I had them constantly for about 4 months. I put it down to all the brain signals in the brain no longer being dampened down by alcohol
well done on a week you awesome person
I think the headaches and fatigue are the worst part of withdrawal for me right now. Not fun waking up feeling like your head is gonna explode. They aren't constant. They come and go throughout the day. And sometimes they hang around for quite awhile. Trying not to take any pain meds but today I broke down and took some Tylenol. It helped some.

And thank you! Doing my best to stay sober!! Going good so far. No urges at all!