Notices

Stuck in bed

Old 10-02-2019, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stuck in bed

Can’t go to work - Cant function.

i haven’t drank since...I’m not sure. I guess two or three days ago. I stopped taking a Lexapro which in hindsight I think may have set this whole thing off.

im 43, I have a great job, money in the bank, a bright mind and I am crippled. Unable to function as an adult. Family and friends have abandoned me. I guess I’ll just waste away now.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So it's been two or three days since you stopped drinking? Well continue that path of not drinking and I can almost assure you things will start to look much better for you hang in there. ✌
Old 10-02-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Things might look bad right now but, it gets better. Maybe you have hit 'rock bottom'. So, look up!
Start climbing out of the hole you dug and begin a new sober life! It is possible.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have a feeling ColoradoRocky won't be back to say it again, but I will quote him here:

Go to AA, ask for help, do what you're told. It's all up to you right now.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stopping that Lexapro without a doctor taking you down AND drinking AND THEN cutting off the alchol will put you in an indescribable mental hell

Go to your doctor and ask how to sort this or I fear you are in for a shir load of uneccessary misery, which I dont think is something yoy need to be told right now.

Anti D's are no joke. Once you start them its a committment unless taken down by a doctor.

I dont know why people see them as so benign.

I will never suffer like that again and consult my doctor religiously now.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also take lexapro.

I will never ever drink on it again, inless Im looking for a vacation at a psych ward
Old 10-02-2019, 09:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

BeABetterMan, why did you stop taking your Lexapro? Have you discussed this with your doctor?

Stopping any medication abruptly can have side effects. This may be one of the reasons you can't get out of bed. I'm glad you are not drinking. Stay hydrated and please consider a discussion with your doctor.

You have friends here ... you are not alone. I'm happy you're reaching out. We understand and care about your well
being. Hang on!
Old 10-02-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Please call your Doctor. You are not actually one! (bit of levity there).

That is no way to take care of yourself BABM.

Please do the next right thing and call your Doctor and tell them everything, especially if you have run out of your medication.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with talking to your doctor about the Lexapro as soon as possible. Stopping the medication could have had a big impact on your mental health. If you stopped it because of side-effects, maybe your doctor could offer you something different.

Don't give up.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Can’t go to work - Cant function.

i haven’t drank since...I’m not sure. I guess two or three days ago. I stopped taking a Lexapro which in hindsight I think may have set this whole thing off.

im 43, I have a great job, money in the bank, a bright mind and I am crippled. Unable to function as an adult. Family and friends have abandoned me. I guess I’ll just waste away now.
Very good to hear that you have been separated from alcohol for a few days.

I really, really hope that you get help, like the people on this and other threads have recommended.

That's what most of us had to do and, at least for me, it has worked.

You know we're all pulling for you very hard.

But, most importantly, please continue staying away from alcohol.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Another vote for the Doctor.
detox is rough - it's like a marathon - why wear a methaphorical heavy pack and weighted boots?

D
Old 10-03-2019, 11:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I stopped because I ran out. Doc is not faking back after 3 days. I am stuck in bed. Sure to lose my job.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~sb

can you call for an ambulance and get to a hospital?

Better yet, call the Intergroup Office or hotline and tell them you need a 12 step call and to send out some guys, please. They can get you to a hospital.

https://aaphoenix.org/meetings/
Old 10-03-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Doc is not faking back after 3 days
I don't know what that means.
Sure to lose my job.
Have you at least called your job and explained you're ill BABM?
D
Old 10-03-2019, 09:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I agree, some damage limitation is needed - you're not always going to feel 'low' like you do now and when the black cloud lifts, you don't want to be jobless.
I also agree that contacting medics is needed. I'm guessing you meant the doctor didn't phone back, after 3 days? Well, phone him/her back or someone who can help with the antidepressant thing, at the very least.

You're not alone mate - we're here for you
Pick up the phone.....please?
Z.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

BABM,

I also take Lexapro and it definitely should not be stopped...but you know taht already.
You deserve to give yourself longer than three days. I felt like I was being ripped apart at three days, but I PROMISE YOU, it gets better. This is the only way to release yourself from this hell. Suffer a bit more now in order to not suffer the rest of your life, seems like an good deal to me.

Rooting for you!
Old 10-03-2019, 10:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It’s not fair for me to post then not repost updates.

Life still sucks so bad and I’d love to run away from it. But if you’re gonna be dumb you gotta be tough so I’m just biting down hard. Got some lexapro today finally after basically going to war for it. Haven’t decided if I’ll start taking it or not. Explained to boss I’m dealing with major anxiety and depression and he’s letting me work a modified schedule until I’m halfway normal and actually complimented me on my work. Spent Sunday night in jail and staggered into court Monday. That went better than I thought. God is humorous, I’ll give him that. Even made it to work.

Now sober 4 days or so. Feels like zero. Scared to death of the bottle. Scared of myself. I was doing so well. And if all the dumb stuff I did during my mini binge the thing I regret the most was calling my ex.

We got plowed together on a FaceTime for three days. Which makes me miss her all over again but at least I know she’s making zero progress and if I were still with her I’d be dead. Why do I miss her so badly???

I'm thinking about dating. I can’t shake this loneliness. Work doesn’t do it, meetings, court ordered stuff, volunteering. I’m not making connections.

Hope all your days are better.

Got a restraining order today from the neighbors. They’re weirdos anyway, lol. Man when I drink, I do not mess around. **** goes bad right now!
Old 10-03-2019, 10:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

By the way, I really love some of you guys and gals even if I don’t say it often. To take time out of your day to lift a drunk out of the gutter is noble.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
can you call for an ambulance and get to a hospital?

Better yet, call the Intergroup Office or hotline and tell them you need a 12 step call and to send out some guys, please. They can get you to a hospital.

https://aaphoenix.org/meetings/
I called several folks from my home group and almost all offered to help. I wasn’t ready for it though. I have this thing about doing things myself. And it just works great! Haha!
Old 10-03-2019, 11:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the smart money is on putting yourself and your life back together first. Dating can wait.
Dating just seems to lead back to where you've been right now.

You may even find like I did that a little time to yourself makes you see that your own company is not the ordeal you've convinced yourself it is.

You won't always be lonely - but you need to get sober first.

The way I figure it, a little short term loneliness is better than being dead and that's a real possibility when you drink like we did.

D