Notices

What the hell

Old 10-01-2019, 08:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This sounds like anxiety. The doctor will be able to diagnose that.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
I can’t do it it’s in the genes I’ve tried so hard
These are things we convince ourselves of when the challenge seems to big for us. It's easy really to put the blame all over the place instead of climb a mountain bigger than Everest on our own!

I'm not sure how many weeks I am sober now and back at the beginning it was something you wrote that set itself in concrete a few days later. Therefore you do have it in you but somehow choose to ignore it, remember the washing machine post and how that at one time would of set you off drinking?

I'm in no way out of the woods but something has changed in me, I no longer let anything effect me that I once used too. I stay away from the news, tv and have even backed right off from the internet as well.
In turn I never think about drinking anymore even after today when I have been knee deep in wet clay digging footings for an extension.

You can only do what helps you, I'm not sure of your set up over in France but putting yourself first is absolute priority, everything else comes second because if you are not right nothing else ever will be.

Hang in there MummyTo2 because a lot of us on here have complete faith in you even if your struggling with that in yourself!

Old 10-01-2019, 10:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ColoradoRocky View Post
That's why I asked, "What happens if your doctor tells you something you don't want to hear?" Like you're an alcoholic and need to do x,y,z.

Nothing wrong with you. It makes perfect sense.

Cancelling the appointment means you don't have to tell the doctor what's going on, don't have to hear what the doctor will say.....and you don't have to decided whether or not to do what she tells you to do to stop drinking.

All us alcoholics are very good about not hearing the truth, or censoring it when we do hear it, and we all have a hundred very very very "legitimate" reasons why we can't do what it takes to stop drinking.

"Close" to the breaking point ain't the breaking point.
What else do you want us to say Mummy? We clearly aren't helping (YET, I'd hope) and you keep making the alcoholic choices.

Bottom line - I finally chose to quit when the liver doctor I saw in Feb 2016 zinged me so hard, and I was ready to be done, that I quit.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
I can’t do it it’s in the genes I’ve tried so hard
what is in your genes,mummy?
Old 10-02-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
what is in your genes,mummy?
Tom, my dominant genes are excuses and rationalizations, not to mention the chromosone known as procrastination.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ColoradoRocky View Post
Tom, my dominant genes are excuses and rationalizations, not to mention the chromosone known as procrastination.
here,too.
dont forget the family tradition thing.
and the black sheep of the family thing.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You are probably all correct, well done 👍
Old 10-02-2019, 11:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please reschedule the doctor appt. You need more help than you currently have. We care and worry about you.